News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Shunned Trading Post

Started by irrelevant, June 16, 2014, 07:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

This is disturbing. I built the TP on the lake there about 3 years ago. To date it has not had a merchant visit it. Any thoughts?

Bobbi

The traders don't think it's on the river, river other side of lake? Considering I have built a trading post for storage on an interior lake, but the trader thrashed their way in on a tiny tributary river, it seems hard to believe this would stop them.

irrelevant

@Bobbi I don't know, they just keep sailing on by... >:( :o

Bobbi

Well the picture is what made me think they are following the river. Your trading post is not on what they consider the river. It's just a guess.

irrelevant

It doesn't really matter, I can work around it. I was just wondering whether to give up on the idea of ever buying imports there.

Bobbi

Even if you never get trading there, it will make a great place to store stuff which you can release as you need it. Like excess stone or logs clogging up your stock pile. Or food in case of emergency.

irrelevant

I stopped my game and did a test. I demolished the structures on the point there and ran it for two more years. Merchants absolutely will not turn back to a TP once they have gone past it on the river.

@Bobbi Yes, no worries, now that I don't have to worry about stocking for trade there, I can concentrate on using the traders to move production and building materials to that area.

RedKetchup

sometimes it bugs out when built on a lake, map seed 1008 is same
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

nmid

My 1st guess is that your river has been blocked somewhere.

Even though the merchants visually go through fine, they don't visit any TPs below the blocked point.

Looking at the screenshot, the spot that has the 2nd fishing yard from the river mouth + the facing TP could be the problem.
Use the removal tool on that patch and see if you have a channel of green (indicating no construction and unobstructed river) between the red deletion marked area of the river buildings.

irrelevant

@nmid  As a test I removed the fishing dock and the bridge, and ran it for two more years, and no merchants went to that TP ever.

nmid

Nah, I didn't mean the fishing yard + bridge at the river mouth, I meant the 2nd one from the river mouth.
Humor me and try out my clear pathing test.

I haven't played for a long time and I don't want to get addicted again .. so I don't want to ask for your save game :D
.... but I still want to know!

irrelevant

I'll give it a try tomorrow night.

Quote from: nmid on June 16, 2014, 09:06:48 PM
My 1st guess is that your river has been blocked somewhere.

Even though the merchants visually go through fine, they don't visit any TPs below the blocked point.

@nmid  There are three other TPs further down the river (off to the right of the screenies) that merchants do call on.

nmid

darn it.. now I'm really interested.
Mind sharing the map?

I'll fire up banished to see what's going on.

irrelevant

@nmid  Sure, I'll put it up, but I won't be back at that machine for 7-8 hours.

edit: It's possible that particular TP is borked somehow. Now I think about it, I emptied out all the trade goods after this, or anyway I tried to. Everything went to other TPs, except for 500 ale. They are stuck in there and have been for at least a year, even though the inventory is set to zero with 18 traders there. Maybe I'll try demolishing and  recovering it, see if that changes anything.

nmid

@irrelevant do you know anyone called JSC btw?

and looking forward to what you find.