News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I can't seem to figure out thatch

Started by Jewelz, July 08, 2018, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

I'm using CC Journey and Discrepancy's mods, and I just loaded the new RK Mod. I cannot seem to figure out how to get thatch. It looks collectible from the map, but none is showing up.

I'm using Open Green Valley, temperate climate, and multiple starts.

Do I have the wrong climate for thatch?

Also, I miss the Hostels and corner-facing houses, RK!

RedKetchup

only 1 mod can decide the starting conditions.
in your case i see you prefer to use  Open Green Valley and multiple starts as the only mod that decide the map generator. if you want the grass and the wild food and the wild animals.... you need to put RK Ed higher in your list , like the top one !!!!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

it is most likely the start mod settings. do you see flowers and "fodder" grass?? i say fodder cause NAT DIV thatch looks different. i would disable the multiple start mod.i would try the RK below the other start mods,then the CC below it.if that does not work i would disable the temp climate mod. it can be trial and error.
    i take it RED's animals are not showing up on the map either? you should see bears,ducks,pigs,elk. check near waterways when you open a map.if you do not see them your mod order is stopping the RK from loading.

based on the mods you listed,there is a work around.you would get thatch that looks like the NatDiv grass but it would feed to the RK stables. to get the flowers,you would build a fodder hut.the fodder hut will plant fodder and flowers.the fodder will look like fodder but be harvested as thatch and still used in the stables.load the original NAT DIV mod above all the others.

tyou could also test by loading an A&E start.it should lock out all the other mods and you should at least be able to see how the RK is suppose to look.

Jewelz

AHA! Thanks, RK! I will make that change and see what happens.

Now, about the Hostels.... any chance of getting those back? :D

~Julie aka Jewelz

Jewelz

No Elk or Boar Brad, but oddly enough, there were flowers!

brads3

you play strange then. LOL i would say the green valley is allowing part of the RK but not all.st5ill strange that it would do that.unless you have another mod adding flowers.

this is 1 of those give and take deals.you could get the fodder or the thatch but not both.also you would end up changing other starts by moving the RK above in mod order.or you use the fodder huts to plant and grow fodder. all up to the player.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jewelz on July 08, 2018, 05:16:11 PM
No Elk or Boar Brad, but oddly enough, there were flowers!

i suggest start a city with just my mod so you can see what it should be happening.
and then test with your other mods below and above and try to get the settings you prefer.

hostel will only come in same time as the corner houses. in a future update.

Jewelz

hostel will only come in same time as the corner houses. in a future update.

Ah! Perhaps I pull off your new one then, and put your old one back until then. My entire city plan kind of hinges on those corner units!

Unrelated, but is there a mod out there that creates a shade structure like a market umbrella or awning? My outdoor pub tables could use some shade other than a tree.

brads3

you can load the old NMT under the RK.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jewelz on July 08, 2018, 07:23:43 PM

Unrelated, but is there a mod out there that creates a shade structure like a market umbrella or awning? My outdoor pub tables could use some shade other than a tree.

i dont have a such specific decoration... but the idea is good

galensgranny

Quote from: Jewelz on July 08, 2018, 07:23:43 PM

An umbrella would be great!

Embx has awnings and "covers" at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=355
Kid has covers at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=272

schueler

As for thatch: I tried to add to the "miniworkshop" the ability to create firebundles from thatch.

However, all the worker does is pick up the thatch, take it to the workplace, then instantly return the same amount of thatch to the stockpile.
The RawMaterialFirebundle.rsc matches with that from CC.

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialFirebundle.rsc";
ConsumeRawMaterial _consumeMaterials
[
{
ComponentDescription _material = "Template/RawMaterialNatDivThatch.rsc";
int _count = 25;
}
]

ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Fuel;
String _requirements = "FirebundleRequire";
} ...

The worker produces the tools and leather coat just fine, but refuses to bundle the thatch.
Abbreviated load order:
RK Editor's Choice 1.0
CC
My override mod
Minibuildings.pkm

Any ideas?

RedKetchup

if my mod is on top then NatDivThatch is a
   RawMaterialFlags _flags = Custom5;

then
to your building, you need to add Custom5 to its storage.
so it can accept custom 5.

Jewelz

Quote from: galensgranny on July 08, 2018, 09:19:24 PM

An umbrella would be great!

Embx has awnings and "covers" at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=355
Kid has covers at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=272

Those embx ones look quite promising, Granny! I have used the NMT "corner unit" but you can't have a path underneath it.

I saw the Kid ones, but wasn't sure they can be empty underneath, or if laborers would start piling logs on my patrons as they enjoy their pub beverages. :D

A colorful canvas awning or a market umbrella would still be better, IMO.

galensgranny

@Jewelz , those cover's of Kid's are empty underneath.  They are not storage areas.  Some people wanted their logs on storage piles covered, so that is why Kid had that in his picture.  I connect a few of the covers together to make a "tent" like area to have the picnic tables under.  They are "ghosted" decorations only. Being ghosted, roads can be under them.