News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Specialized market buildings

Started by Bobbi, October 02, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

so i guess you dont want the building ? thats ok, i will surely find something to do with it ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Nah, I need to learn how to make mine work.  The tutorial videos and the help files are starting to make a little sense to me now, so there is hope.   ;D

RedKetchup

rkelly17

I wasn't paying much attention to this thread yesterday because I was off playing with model trains (My other hobby where I get to control a small piece of the world  ;D ) all afternoon and evening. @RedKetchup and @slink, you two are just wonderful people for doing all this work. Thank you both.

Pangaea

Looks like you've got it working properly now, but I'd still like to make a comment on the extra buttons in the toolbars. When playing with mods that change the toolbars, I often have problems, as the game sometimes leave 'empty' buttons that crash the game when I click on them. Firing up the game, and just closing it down again, and then starting it again, seems to fix the issue, and the buttons are properly removed/activated.

rkelly17

Quote from: Pangaea on October 05, 2014, 07:38:01 AM
Looks like you've got it working properly now, but I'd still like to make a comment on the extra buttons in the toolbars. When playing with mods that change the toolbars, I often have problems, as the game sometimes leave 'empty' buttons that crash the game when I click on them. Firing up the game, and just closing it down again, and then starting it again, seems to fix the issue, and the buttons are properly removed/activated.

Doe this happen with the latest patch/ The developer's blog indicated that he had fixed this issue.

Pangaea

Oh, I missed that little note, but haven't updated the main game anyway, as I don't want to run the risk of losing a 2000-pop city (you never know, but I don't want to risk it when I don't need to update the main game).

I'll assume this newest patch has fixed the toolbar issue then.

slink

The problem was defining the display for the intermediate button.  I had a nub instead of a nice button, but it worked properly.

Bobbi

@slink "How would this one suit you?  Mind you, this picture is from the graphics program and not from the game.  I have not yet gotten the game to accept it." Yes, perfect size. Thank you for jumping on my idea and working so hard on it!  :-*

slink

When artwork is wasted ...

Here is the icon I created for the Meat Market.  Nice, but rather indecipherable at normal size.   ;D ;D

Obviously I need to make a larger symbol.

RedKetchup

meatmarket  hmmmm a good tasty Tbone !

slink

I'm re-using some of the game's own icons.   :)  It looks pretty good now, except for the models.  I have six markets: meat, vegetables, grain, fruit, general, and industrial.  The industrial market doesn't cause happiness, so people won't hang around it and be tempted by coal for heating their houses.

The wretched models won't surrender their skins!  They appear to have, in the words of the tutorial file, been burned onto the model.  That would be fine if I could now get rid of the requirement for them, but the compiler goes looking for them anyway and I don't have the file.

I need to go prepare my bread dough for tomorrow's baking.

assobanana76

I had missed this thread !!
you are a hotbed of mod !! ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Fellow Villager

when do you release this wonderful mod?

slink

When I get six buildings that aren't houses.   :P

Seriously, I am working on one of them now.  I am baffled because, although I carefully turned the house and scaled it so that it fit with the size and orientation of the apiary, when it comes into the game the building is turned on one end and the store is huge.  And I do mean huge!

Edit: I've attached a copy of what it looks like in the editor, in comparison with the apiary.