News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Rickettsville, a vegetarian experiment

Started by irrelevant, June 30, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: Bobbi on July 01, 2014, 02:16:59 PM
Just one question. If it is a medium start, why did you not pick one with nuts and grain? Did it feel to much like cheating? I spent over an hour last night trying to find a decent med start seed with grain and nuts....haven't found one yet I really like.
Quote from: Bobbi on July 01, 2014, 02:16:59 PM
....haven't found one yet I really like.
That's why  ;) I got tired of looking. Anyway, corn is grain. I'll buy nut seeds. I'm not near ready to plant orchards yet.

irrelevant

Ok, market is up. Slowly building houses. Very slowly. Too slowly. Got basement dwellers in their 20s who should be set up on their own having babies.

Uncomfortable with the stone situation. Food is good though. Going to add a second farmer. Next year though, I'll move the farms to just west of the market. The space where the farms are now I need for a town hall, a cemetery, and a chapel. I suppose I should be thinking about a hospital too. Stone, stone and more stone.

irrelevant

Okay, screw it. I need 8 houses to get the basement dwellers out on their own. The next 5 houses are going to be wood. I know this means firewood hell. But wood is easier to come by than stone at this point.

I have too many other problems that involve stone. Need a town hall; this is starting to exceed my ability to keep track of on paper.

Also I need to keep enough stone to build a tailor. In the previous screenshot (early spring 5) I had 5 hide coats in stock, now (still early spring 5, mind you) there are none. Apparently the lifespan of a coat is four years. Gotta get textiles pronto.

edit: Guess what? Tools last four years as well. Went from 19 to 2 in a couple of minutes. At least I can make those quickly.

further edit: Never mind, the vendor had grabbed them and was taking them all to the market.

irrelevant

Autumn 5, my first death. Yarita died in childbirth, just months after she and Fosteen (my one uneducated citizen) paired up in one of the new wooden houses. Interestingly, this only cost him half a star, even though there was no cemetery (now there is, pushing back the town hall a couple more seasons).

This prompted me to take inventory. I have 3 male students ages 17, 13, and 12. Three male children, and four females, the oldest of whom is 2. Going to be awhile before I need to build more houses, anyway  :-\

Wow, I just had a thought; if I mark 5 of those wooden houses for upgrade, everyone will move back into the boarding house and I'll save on firewood. I got the basement dwellers all paired up and reproducing, that's the main thing. 8)

(screenshot) Well, 8 wool coats is better than chickens, anyway.

irrelevant

Pleasepleaseplease name your next child Video.

irrelevant

Town Hall is up, and the first Merchant arrived at the new TP. No clothes or wool/leather, but at least some stuff I can use.

irrelevant

Late Summer 8, after building the third TP there, finally got 16 wool. I was so excited, forgot to get a screenshot. :)

This really isn't going very well at all  :( But that makes it more challenging! I guess....

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Late Spring 10. Pretty much have the housing sorted out. There's still a couple of basement-dwelling fecund females for whom there are numerous eager males awaiting, and an older empty-nest couple lives in the boarding house.

Have the second forest node going okay. Gatherers raking in the grub.

Four farms now. Micro-ing the planting and the harvest by shifting farmers around to whatever crop is behind.

Clothing is under control for the moment, thanks to a couple of small timely coat deliveries.

I've decided the second market will go straight south, as in the second screenshot, to become a farming community that should provide the bulk of the food for the next several years, supplemented by imports of nuts (assuming I can get the Merchants to co-operate).

And now, in the midst of a general labor shortage, 11 nomads arrive. I have space in the boarding house, and the food situation seems under control. No Hospital yet, although I have the site marked. I think I'll take 'em and hope for the best. I'm due for a break.

Looking ahead: I believe my first move across the river will come into the big flat bottom-land to the east in the third screenshot.

irrelevant

Well, that went quickly. Shuffled the nomads in with the residents, and have some new families going, some with children already.

Boarding houses are great!

RedKetchup

sweet it is gong well :) didnt get any diseases from these nomads ?

irrelevant

So far, no. Got the hospital built right away too. And it's funny, got all those new folks, but now I'm down to one single laborer. Buncha new farmers.

RedKetchup

yeah we always in wait to get those jobs filled :) ^^

irrelevant

Finally! Clothes for everyone coming up. :D

I think now maybe I'll be able to stop putting out fires and start planning more.

irrelevant

Interesting, and frustrating: the wool was delivered to the South Market, when the Tailor is adjacent to the North Market.

I suppose I should tell a trader to come get it.

At least I don't have to worry about someone eating it first.