News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #5: Trading Empire

Started by solarscreen, July 14, 2014, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Build a trading empire! 

Run 30, 40, 50 trading depots or more and jam your map full of barns and resources!

Categories:
1. World Grocer - Fruit, meat, vegetables, grain. 500 farmer contestants, build those depots!
2. Wealthy Industrialist - wood, stone, coal, tools, clothes
3. Ale Master - How many taverns and barrels can you build?

Post your town screencaps and be sure to include the Town Hall captures that show your total inventory.

The deadline is midnight UTC August 1st.

Your choice of seed, conditions, and difficulty.

GOOD LUCK!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

rkelly17

Quote from: solarscreen on July 14, 2014, 06:22:39 PM
Categories:
1. World Grocer - Fruit, meat, vegetables, grain. 500 farmer contestants, build those depots!
2. Wealthy Industrialist - wood, stone, coal, tools, clothes
3. Ale Master - How many taverns and barrels can you build?

Post your town screencaps and be sure to include the Town Hall captures that show your total inventory.

Just so I'm clear, are you saying that you want us to buy those things or that you want us to sell those things? I have to admit that I've never paid attention to whether or not sales figures appear in the town hall graphs and stats.

irrelevant

I think it is just have them in the TPs available for trading.

solarscreen

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

wait i thought it was townhall inventory tab the important :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 15, 2014, 12:10:01 PM
wait i thought it was townhall inventory tab the important :P
Yes, the townhall inventory tab showing all the inventory in the trading posts.

Zephormite

I'm going to give this a go, starting from scratch with a seed I feel should be good for building a trading empire (Hopefully)

When Life Banishes Lemmons Trade your Ale

As the screen below shows, we start to the West of a nice lake which has the trading river go right through the middle, to the North is a second large lake which also is on the trading river. So if the Lemmons can build up fast enough this looks like a great place for a trading empire (I would make and sell lemonade, but no lemons  :( )

Seed: 19920106 (I think, will check that later)

Zephormite

Now you can start to see the plan layout to start with.
I have Wheat, Chesnuts & Squash as my seeds, so guess it will be Wheat Beer to start with. First screen shows the starting spot with single Wheat farm, and boarding house built, next screenshot shows my Forest Node to the South, in the middle will be my first market place providing the basis for building my town, placement chose as the edges of the circle reach to the farming community in the north, Trading & Fishing in the East (Last screen), Forestry & Hunting to the West to begin with.

rkelly17

I decided to use the town I've been blogging, Morita, for this challenge. The river on that map has too many trading post locations to give it up. If you want to see the current state, it is here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=248.0

mariesalias

I've been thinking about this and I am not sure I can make a map with that many trading posts and keep it going!

rkelly17

Quote from: rkelly17 on July 16, 2014, 08:40:27 AM
I decided to use the town I've been blogging, Morita, for this challenge. The river on that map has too many trading post locations to give it up. If you want to see the current state, it is here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=248.0

I changed my mind. I'm going to start a new town. It's called Antre and the seed is 351988393, Valleys, Large, Mild, Off, Hard. The river will accommodate 45 or so trading posts.

I probably won't win in any specific category since I'm not going to be going for the most whatever in storage. Don't get me wrong; I intend to be a major booze baron. The point will be to sell gallons upon gallons of ale and acquire enough materials through trade to make a very prosperous and aesthetically pleasing settlement. Take that, Interbrew.  ;D

RedKetchup

My city candidate for this challenge will be : Atikamek. i dont think my main river can support a huge 45+ trading post  (too much diagonals) but i ll try something ... crazy lol. probably it wont make me win but ..... you will call me crazy lol

Atikamek is the name of an Amerindian tribe from which my ancestors are coming from (from mother side) which lived (and still live) in province of Québec :)
i have chosen this Large Valley Mild Off Medium seed 284973182 posted by someone on this forum cause i really love all the plain space this map holds; a huge zone covering all the center and east side of the map. This map has a huge potential to produce tons of goods.

Screenshot #1 is my minimap, #2 is my seed, #3 is my first screenshot.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 17, 2014, 01:45:03 PM
My city candidate for this challenge will be : Atikamek. i dont think my main river can support a huge 45+ trading post  (too much diagonals) but i ll try something ... crazy lol. probably it wont make me win but ..... you will call me crazy lol

I don't know, @RedKetchup, if you can convince merchants to go into the lake you might get a bunch of TPs going there. Nice looking map.

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on July 17, 2014, 01:49:20 PM
I don't know, @RedKetchup, if you can convince merchants to go into the lake you might get a bunch of TPs going there. Nice looking map.

Yeah. i know. i already planned to put many TP in there full of stock even if no merchant will go there. the goal is fill those TP ? nothing says about you need to really being able to trade those goods or not lol ^^