News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

early settlers

Started by gerns, February 23, 2016, 08:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Red, this tent looks like another nice addition to the game, and will complement the tents in the mini buildings mod very nicely.

This is just a thought bubble, but what do you think about 'F' variations of the tent and another tent with two open sides to be used as a vendor.
Something similar to the NMT vendor stand, but joined together back to back.
If you have the time and are so inclined a whole range of tents to go with the mini buildings would be great.

The more variation the better.

I am thinking of something a little bigger than the mini buildings range.
For example where the mini buildings will have a capacity of 5, you could do a slightly bigger version with say 10 – I'm thinking of the capacity of the school and hospital
You could also have a tent covered blacksmith, tailor, hunter, gather, herbalist, and a larger marquee for a boarding house.  Even a small fishing platform with a tent instead of a building.
All the functional buildings could have only one or two workmen max.
This could become a missing link between the mini building range and the buildings already available.
The more I think about this the more I like the potential and can see these structures fitting in very nicely on the edge of the map.

You could have an isolated tent village eating squirrels, kangaroos and possums.

thelly

Thanks Red As usual your work looks fantastic

MightyCucumber

Hey Red, you might wanna consider releasing these tents in the mods section! :P Many people don't know about them, which is a shame because they look beyond awesome! ;D

TheOtherMicheal

I agree with MightyCucumber. Their message was posted in July, it's now the end of September and I have only just found out about these tents (what can I say, I don't usually read through the forums!) so posting this tent in the Mods section will definitely make more people aware of it  :D