News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Suggestion: Tiny Indians Theme Mod

Started by triangle, December 31, 2017, 02:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triangle

the staff in the 3D Development Department has approved your request.

moving along..

RedKetchup how did you and Kid add your 'Mod Collections toolbar [].'

I noticed on the icons bar that your flour mill bakery is grouped together in that MCT next to KidMarketFoodV2 

[RK] & [Kid]

If there's a simple answer to do this I would like to do something like this at some point. perhaps a 4winds Medicine Wheel Icon to distinguish the mod by itself in its own catagory ?

kid1293

triangle

thanks kid, I should probably start using the search bar and start exploring these forums.. who knows I might find something outside of this post. j/k

thank you for the link.

RedKetchup

yeah and you can make your own icon to set on the community toolbar with something colored [Tri]  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

angainor88

If your in game models are still too dark, it might mean you need to lighten up the AO using Gimp2.0 or any other image editing software. I had that problem a lot too for mine. The background colors (where your model is not) should either be transparent or white, and you can lighten up the other parts as well.

triangle

thanks angainor88  my AO png seems to be baked 99% white so I'm guessing perhaps my transparency setting was overlooked.. I will check that next & thx.

here's my icon set I did last night. TY Red..

Edit: Back from testing that and that seemed to do the trick angainor!

Blender baked the outside of the UV coordinates of the models texture black ..so changing that to transparent the mystery/issue is now solved, Thanks to your Advise it's looking better.
--------
Todo:
--------

Last things I need done to finalize the SmallTipi project and move on to other things is:

1) Figure out how to add material texture set variants by pressing the F key.

2) Figure out how to add a custom damaged model which was not covered in the tutorial.

Then I should be able to start making larger versions without issue & start sorting out what else I need to plan on doing.

Gatherer

Offtopic: Is it just me or does the community toolbar look like a helmet with a nose guard and protective cheek plates? I've been seeing it since the beginning and just can't unsee it.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Turis

I only see a trio of human figures with their arms up.

triangle

• a second small tipi textured variant with 'F-Key':
done/sorted.

• my attempt to figure out how to add a Snow Texture:
fail/try again later

• Damaged tipi model & texture:
not there yet.

Tom Sawyer

Snow and damaged texture will be added by the game automatically. You just need to code it the right way. That's simple and can be copied from the MaterialInstance folder of any vanilla building.

triangle

QuoteSnow and damaged texture will be added by the game automatically.

That is what I did not understand.

QuoteYou just need to code it the right way.

HAH! if it were only that simple..
It's tracking down those 1-4 files that this 1 tag in a file needs references too in the file structure that I have these issues with.

That is my biggest problem perhaps, I can stare at code until I'm blue in the face  ???  hoping that "eventually" I will understand..

8/10 I get it but the other 2 drives me insane and then I just feel like breaking things..  fuS RO DAH! <))

QuoteThat's simple and can be copied from the MaterialInstance folder of any vanilla building.

=)  Thanks, you have been very helpful, I will try that.

triangle

3 variants thanks to Kid, and Discrepancy for help.

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

Hehe, persistence is rewarded! :)

Great job!

adelegarland

These are absolutely amazing!   Where can I get them?   You've got to do more sizes and add all the usual buildings in Tee Pee form and we can all go Native American!!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.