News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Summer Mod ideas

Started by Jewelz, May 18, 2020, 09:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

I've been spending a LOT of time in my own backyard since the quarantine, which got me to thinking about what I have or would like to have in Banished. here's some ideas:

A small BBQ grill.

Small backyard sized fountain.

Different colored/shaped Patio umbrellas. (I love EB's, but they are all pastel colors. I'd love to see red, yellow, and green. Some square and some rectangle as well.)

Some Chaise lounges to match the new colors.

A small backyard pool or hot tub.

Hammock

badmitton set? We have cornhole and lawn darts in our yard, but those are probably too small to render.

Jewelz

Jewelz

Doh! Sorry it's sideways. :( >:(

Gatherer

How's this for a hot tub?
http://shrani.si/f/c/gp/8rQBkyl/cr-xii-027.jpg

For barbeque grill you can use Kid's Market Food mod.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=206
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Jewelz

:D Ah, Gatherer, I love your hot tub! I remember this wonderful picture, but I could not find it again. You gotta tell me what it is? Wash tub from someone's mod, I would venture to guess, but which one? Did you stick jinxie's people in it?

I tried making a small pool out of an RK canal piece once, and it almost works.

I have used Kid's BBQ, but I'd love to have a smaller one, and maybe just a deco option. Like the size of his little workplaces. I do stick those in backyards a lot.

Gatherer

It's from Kid's Washing Mod. As for the couple, just lucky timing.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Jewelz

I would also like a sandy beach that is basically deco so you can set up 2-3 side by side to make a natural looking stretch of beach.
I love the one from the North, but it's not seamless.

Jewelz

And finally some dock platforms to make some open spaces in a dock village. I usually like up 3 -6 of the longest dock pieces, but it would, again, be nice to have it more seamless.

brads3

EB made some beach mods. the RKEC hbas dock pieces and so does the CC dock addon mod. you can also use a grassy roads mod for beach sand thou it won't blend into the water well.

galensgranny

Jewelz

A green version of the round umbrellas would be great. I think the rounds are just pink, blue, yellow.

I have not tried doing multiple beach resorts together, but what I was actually trying to accomplish was a sandy, tropical island look? Even on the jungle-y terrains, the dirt near the water looks like, well, dirt.  ;D

CookieBarrel

@Jewelz, Since you discovered Maritime Riffle don't forget about CC terrain tools.
A sample of a beach and a look at EMBX irrigation pond that you could make a swimming pool out of.
*note: most maps will have sand at the water edge.

Jewelz

Thanks, Cookie!

I do not have that irrigation mod. I think I have a version that's just the flowers? I do really like that look.

I have to admit, I'm struggle with the riffle mod. I haven't quite figured it all out yet, and at this point I spend more time removing my mistakes than building. :/

CookieBarrel

You'll find the channel pond in "EB Natural Irrigation" mod, in game it's under the grey bank tag (tool).

Quote from: Jewelz on May 25, 2020, 08:05:21 AM
And finally some dock platforms to make some open spaces in a dock village. I usually like up 3 -6 of the longest dock pieces, but it would, again, be nice to have it more seamless.
Is this what you have in mind? KidFishShip mod "jetty bridge".

brads3

you have to zoom all the way in and be careful with the riffle mod. there are several choices to add rapids to the water. the water is unique and doesn't match other mods. you do have many options. angled dig or level. the hoe or shovel for digging shows the direction of the angle. if my memory is correct,there are 3 depth options to the digging and to the water also. there is a tool to allow for zooming in farther. 
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/banishedpeople/the-zoom-hack-t209.html

if you are doing a lot of detail work, this is a handy tool.

the riffle mod does take some practice. mistakes happen but can be fixed easily.handy thing is it is free build. pause, lay out what you want,then quickly unpause and repause. did you load the CC terrains mod as well? that gives different heights of down 1 tile or 2 plus raising the ground. even thou the water might not blend perfectly, the riffle mod is handy for adjusting shorelines. they aren't so square cut with the angle options.