News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Elnor

Started by brads3, July 12, 2018, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

@brads3, I really like that onion dome church in the first screenshot--very Bavarian/Austrian. Where did you get it?

brads3

good question. i would say it is an RK based on the roof.since you ask thou,i think it is a half breed.i looked it up it seems to be the old NMT but with the RK texture changes. the RK CHOICE is known to change some textures to different buildings from older mods. DS's expanded food  storage barn with the cellar and some others do take on the newer RK textures.the church is the same as the old abandoned church from the NMT archeology set included in the NMT 2.04.it is under the city services toolbar,so i am guessing.
     this mod order has RK ,CC NF<a 1.06 mod>,and the older NMT below.

embx61

I think the church is the old abandoned church of the older NMT.
Red redid the church from scratch for the RK Editor Choice what is seen in the picture.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

YEAR 90

to process all this fish,the RK old salty is built with a meat locker.the pasture is completed and red cows are split from the FC to it.both stable pastures are fenced.an archeology office is set up and a pottery shop.

pic 1:new salty with meat locker,
pic 2:city dairy pasture
pic 3:brick bridge to the south
pic 4:fenced stable
pic 5: archeology office and pottery

brads3

YEAR 91-92

while we work to set up the city center and some service buildings,the laborers begin to stretch the map west between the lakes.this becomes tedious. clearing is slow but also specific materials are needed as well.the city center will take quite a bit of time to complete.we do add some housing to the outer edges.
          a super large trade post was built on the south shore of the west lake.it was given a 2 quay storage barns and a RK wharehouse. more than enough storage.the city is becoming a trade center.with the port, they can ship items with boats across the lake.

pic 1:large lake port.with quay houses and extra storage
pic 2: old stone 2 story houses,2 granny parks,

brads3

since you all are working hard on those RK tests i'l give you this.

YEAR 93-94

a cemetary for the city is being cleared. the road is almost complete.work has begun on 3 story old stone houses around the city.an industrial plaza will help move goods. a log depot will help move logs. these will help supply phase 9.

work continues to phase 7 as the bannies wait for materials.there is room for more buildings around the city center.there has been some challenges to it.some of the materials the bannies worked to store were tagged 1.06.many items had to be made by hand.if we traded for them,they might be 1.06 again.holding the population back while trying to move forward slowed the laborers.they have cleared land and build then clear more and build to use up the materials.

averaging 4 bannies a house, we can build <15 more.population is 800. as the 3 story families start to have children ,the population will push closer to  the crash limit.

finally enough materials have been made to complete the main city center buildings.the huge cathedral,the theater,and the white house TH are finished.an old NMT tavern and a new malt house serve the bannies.the central market has 3 workers to move goods.the bath house,hospital, and college complete the city service buildings.the CC lodge was added to match the white house.4 granny parks and 2 EB tall statue columns decorate the city. i would like to add more deocrations.workplaces outside the houses are needed also.much depends on if  the game will allow it.

pic 1:north NMT city,
pic 2: south NMT city
pic 3:yr 95 stats

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

It sure is Red.

I look at sometimes at some 3d meshes when i take a break for some famous landmarks.
Sometimes get lucky and find a free mesh what not need too much work but a lot have a very high poly and/or need a lot of work.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

there are a few huge awesome pieces in this map.

brads3

YEAR 95

DUE TO THE CRASH CONCERNS,I'LL MOVE ALONG RIGHT TO PHASE 9.to help the industrial plaza move items a log depot will be added.this will be a fun area as i have not worked with most of the mods in this section.a STYTH tower overseas this huge area to keep track of the work.
        some may wonder why i left the NMT city so quickly.the bannies will slow down more by working farther out from thier houses.in year 10,that might be good.it would give time to build materials and tools up.this late with the population so high,i am trying to speed them up.i moved them across the canal and cleared and built up.as they moved to NMT,i started to push west.when they go home to eat,they won't travel as far.

while the builders dig mines and set up iron processing,the laborers continue to clear and cut logs.while they do all this i should re read GATHERERS notes.

pic 1:styth tower and industrial market
pic 2: DS mining and foundry
pic 3: map edge area for phase 9

brads3

YEAR 96-97

work on the railroad keeps the bannies very busy.the DS pieces process the iron for the rails and supply the coal.NMT city can send settlers and materials to new lands.it will also supply new cities with a variety of goods.with the lake port and canals, they can ship goods across the ocean.

when the railroad mod came out i actually laughed.most of Banished is played many years before steam and the industrial era.knowing how players respond sometimes,i thought @RedKetchup  might have started a stampede.steam power combined with iron and steel ment we have the potential to produce electricity.that is way more advanced than most players would want the game.ytou never know what other players will think thou.i half expected someone to want electric lights or a hydro dam.Banished now spans from cave man era to the industrial and is just a small step away from a rocket ship to mars.along the way it crosses continents and cultures.from native america to japan,from ancient rome to norway.from canada to south africa.

this railroad mod is unique in how much it pushes the game into the future.it does bring a modding concept that isn't used much.the ability to trade goods away without waiting for the merchant boats.we can't use it to get seeds. we could use it to get rid of items that fill inventories.many players complain of havig too many feathers or fodder.there are other items that make sence to produce but have no use in the game such as furniture and pottery.
           yes we can trade these with the TP's,but that is limited.once a town produces enough food and firewood for itself,there isn't much to trade for.after you trade for seeds and livestock,normal trading becomes less important.players have little control on what the merchants wil bring or when
          the functioning concept that the railroad brings could be helpful as a way to exchange excess inventory between "villages" or maps.i see a lot of potential that is untapped. i can see use for a small "trader" ,if nothing more than to get rid of unwanted items in exchange for oranges and ale or beer.

pic 1:DS blast furnace and storage
pic 2:train stations
pic 3: overview of phase 9

brads3

YEAR 98-99

are we there yet??? not really.to ship so many goods we need to build up around the train and the NMT city.the main parts are completed though.so far i have stayed ahead of  a fatal crash.did anyone figure out what the map is? since we are 2 years from the 100 year mark, i will wait and explain more then. 
          for now houses are being built for the mine and RR workers.a field hospital tends to the mine workers. a boardinghouse will give new settlers a place to stay while they wait for the next train.thou we don't have a livestock car for the train,there are barns to tend to animals.the community grew up from an abandoned farm village.the church still stands.work continues to restore some of the pieces.we kept the cherry orchard.they supply the EB winery.the engineers can get a good meal at the OLD SWAN tavern.
       the city added a dentist and barber.more entertainers work at the theater.a larger park was planted.

pic 1:water towers added to the train
pic 2: a Swan tavern and housing
pic 3: the original town's church
pic 4: a city park,the barber and dentist.

brads3

YEAR 100 REVIEW

we survive and are prospering.the railroad continues making new trains to move goods farther away.NMT city is still growing.sherbrooke is still hauling out stone.even with 3 forts,the indians remain peaceful in the 4th fort. this is a lot of nice accomplishments for the 100 yrs of efforts. 9 phases,the last 3 being 1 huge city.the railroad and RED's canals combined with the  NMT or RK upgrade.

population  866,with 90 students.the new houses of the railroad will hva new children soon.96 % are educated.4 stars of health and happiness both.with 254 houses we have  room for over 1000 bannies.our inventories are well stocked and ready to ship a variety of goods and foods

did you all figure out what the map is? it is the monuments and monumental mods from each of the main modders.monumental in the sence of mod concepts or how they change the game.of course in the time it took to play this map,the modders have continued expanding the list.EB has put out the beach resort and a statue of liberty.KID has put out the 5th fort and upgrades to the WW. and RED continues tweaking and adding to the RK CHOICE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        when most players start out looking for mods,there are 2 large sets that they come across. the CC and the older NMT.these 2 mods  bring new players into the world of mods.adding either of them triples the game with the many options.they WOW players and keep them interested and playing. for that alone they are monumental mods.they also take the game from a vanilla "survive if you can" to building mega-cities.they continue to advance or expand the game with added materials and prooduction chains.as they open the eyes of new players to the world of modding,they entice them into searching for more.

TANDY's NEW  FLORA mod was the 1st to begin adding and changing the start foods and plant life.NECORA went on to change the trees and bring apples and maples as well as pines that spawned more useable foods and new items.keeping with hid canadian roots he developed the mod into a city and fort. the 1 mod grew into multiple mods.the NAT DIV took the idea and changed the grass.BARTENDER went on to retexture all the many food plants and how they spawn to the maps.thankfully he left the codes to RED.now the grass is used to produce fertilizer to supply greenhouses.what TANDY started has gone on to totally change the way the start maps look and function.combined with the terrain texture options,you have the most diverse maps of the entire gamming world.

KID'S WILD WEST mod brought the unique way of adding building options that function as houses.a very sensible idea.many times players ask for a shoe shop,hat store,jail,restaraunt,etc. this idea has potential to bring those ideas into the game without flooding the inventory.we have only scratched the surface of what this  1 idea can do.

KID has made many small mod sets with different textures and functions.thou i only used a few pieces of it,the ROWHOUSE mod is 1 of, if not the ,his largest mod sets.KID is monumental himself.he changes styles frequently.you never kn ow what he might do next.he goes from small rustic homestead  villages to gothic castles to monestaries and missions.

did DS come back in time to see the GLOBE THEATRE or STYTH TOWERS?? the tower was the 1st i believe to create something out of thin air.the idea being the watchman kept the bannies safe by keepig raiders away.it is a neat way of putting bannies to work.only RED has been able to do this with fort towers.another mod,the training camp,that grew and developed into more.no longer are there just deer roaming the maps.hopefully the mysterious modder will bring more animals to life.

not all monuments are big.EB statute set is 1 of several options.the bannies are happy with the canal ditches so they don't have to dig as deep for water.his market sets were the 1st under the 1.07 limit flags to move and store the many goods.the stone quarry has 70+% more to dig before it becomes a resort for sherbrooke.

there are many modders who have moved on for 1 reason or another.many have left us with some very useable mods.there are other mods that could be added as monuments or monumental mods.i didn't build a NORDIC village.TOM's NORTH mod is a monumental mod in itself.i did add the wharehouse and the norseman happiness.the NORTH also changes the exchange rates of the merchants so they don't all pay the same amount every time.so far unique to that mod.

how many monuments are there on this map? 4 forts,3 castles so far,2 STYTH towers,GLOBE THEATRE, RK CATHEDRAL,THE OLD ABANDONED CHURCH,2 GH lighthouses,2 EB statues,the WHITE HOUSE,2 BROADWAY TOWERS,A MONESTARY,A MISSION  CHURCH,plus a canal,college,and railroad.it is an amazing map.

brads3

pic 1: yr 100 stats
pic 2: production
pc 3: inventory
pc 4: citizen and food graphs

RedKetchup

i agree Brad, modling has evolved so such !!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .