News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

POLL - Number of Mods Preferred

Started by Abandoned, September 22, 2019, 09:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

I thought it would be interesting to put a number to the number of players who prefer to use large mods compared to small mods.  If you have read any of my stories you know I prefer to pick and choose different mod combinations for each map and usually they are small mods (not to say they are small in size or content, only small compared to those mentioned above as large for this poll). When I play 1 of the large mods I use a few small mods with it.  However most maps I play I use a few small mods - less than 50 - option 5.  Vote carefully, all votes are final.

This thread is not meant to start arguments about which way is better than another.  We all like to play our own way and what works best for us, as it should be.  Feel free to add comments and discuss.   Thank you for reading and voting :)

MarkAnthony

I cannot vote simply because I am about 50/50 in my games; I switch between one large mod and many small ones and many small ones over 50.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Abandoned

@MarkAnthony poll will stay open so anytime you decide you prefer one way or the other vote then.

I have not tried it, would say DSIM could be played alone with only vanilla?  Is it that complete?

Abandoned

I just looked at  DSIM thread and I would not consider that large and complete - actually The North, CC and RKEC could be played without vanilla if it were possible.  I will not add it to poll. Thanks for info though.  :)

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Abandoned on September 22, 2019, 10:18:13 AM
I just looked at  DSIM thread and I would not consider that large and complete - actually The North, CC and RKEC could be played without vanilla if it were possible.  I will not add it to poll. Thanks for info though.  :)
You didn't ask me if it could be played without Vanilla.

Quote from: Abandoned on September 22, 2019, 09:43:41 AM
I have not tried it, would say DSIM could be played alone with only vanilla?  Is it that complete?
Never mind then.

Nilla

I just laughed about what you define as "a few" mods @Abandoned. I have never played with more than maybe 20, that´s a lot for me. ;) (Although I have played with the MegaMod and it contains a great number of bigger and smaller mods). But I suppose you are right. When I see the modlist of most players 50 is well under average.

I also don´t find it easy to vote. It would be easier to exclude some alternatives, but finally, I decided to set "my hook" on the alternative with one big mod with a few additional. But a few smaller mods comes as good number 2.

MarkAnthony

The actual count seems high with some people's selection of mods, mine of course as an example. Sometimes I see my mod count and shake my head but then the Devil on my left shoulder says, "Pfft.. 22-ish of those don't count, they got no buttons!"

Many of those mods are the "behind the scenes" stuff (UI, sounds and music, tweak mods), stuff without in-game toolbar buttons. But I really do pat myself on the back when I play in slim-mode with only 35-ish or less, counting everything!  :)               

TaylorItaly

I like to play with RKEC Full , CC1.76 , EB Unified and 76 other Mods , most of DS and Kid and
the Sherbroke Mod , because of the school with 30 room for students.

Abandoned

@Nilla  :D 50 seemed pretty high to me also, the most I ever played with was 55, it is usually closer to 30, and like @MarkAnthony said there are a lot of behind-the-scene type mods. Like @TaylorItaly said about Sherbroke Mod, I think we all have favorites we must have.  I could have used a few more lines when setting up choice on poll, only 5 are allowed, unless I miss where more could be added.

Thanks for replies and votes, I hope there will be more.  :)

Gatherer

I play with 110-150 mods in all my games.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Gatherer on September 23, 2019, 12:10:35 PM
Still wish you would make a video of you doing your games!  Just one, itty-bitty (long) one?  :P

TaylorItaly

Would you please share a mod load order list ?

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on September 22, 2019, 11:06:19 AM
I decided to set "my hook" on the alternative with one big mod with a few additional. But a few smaller mods comes as good number 2.
This is me as well.

Abandoned

I was hoping for more responses to the poll, especially from those using small mods only, whether because of their computers lagging from big mods or simply because they prefer less complicated gameplay and toolbars.

Remember, you don't have to post a comment to participate in the poll.  :)

Thanks to all those who voted and commented so far.

Gatherer

Quote from: TaylorItaly on September 23, 2019, 12:34:15 PM

Would you please share a mod load order list ?

There's some mod load orders of mine somewhere in this topic - > http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2269.0
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.