Food Consumption Discrepancy: my guys are eating 75 food/year -WRONG!

Started by irrelevant, October 17, 2017, 04:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Ah, but wait! I'm an idiot; I'm also trading food away (mushrooms, venison, mutton).

But that only would make the discrepancy worse.

irrelevant

I've spent the last hour watching people eat.

My guys are eating right at 75 food/year. No doubt about it.

They stop by home every other month, eat 11, 12, or 13 food each time.

This is in contradiction with observations I've made previously. My guys would return home every other month and eat 15-17 food each time. I studied this extensively a year or two ago.

Have I found an Easter egg? My food consumption pattern changed right around the time GP passed the current date. See the image from an old save.

brads3

i wonder that but it seems to happen when you hit the food limit. thing is to keep the limit down so the bannies use less food doesn't give you a reserve to grow or take nomads.plus different mods might offset this.it also could be argued that you have ran the game a lot of years.it is interesting but is it practicle and helpful?

irrelevant

I don't think it has anything to do with the food limit, my current inventory is nowhere near the limit.

Practical and helpful? No. But I'd say it is interesting.

brads3

since it is hard to keep track with children being born i do wonder if we have been told it is 100 but maybe it depends on more factors such as climate or if it has a random range. even then it would be different depdning on the mods used.

brads3

wonder if it has been changed with the many updates along the way.

irrelevant

I'm using hardly any mods, and I've been tracking children as young as 0 this evening as well as adults.

irrelevant

Just looked at another town, in year 4. At first glance it seems that they are eating ~75/year as well.

irrelevant

Well, here's another wrinkle in this. In my town, the figures on the production tab for last year's consumption will keep increasing, three or four times per month, for six months after the end of the year. For example, in a recent year, the previous year's food consumption changed like this.

Early Spring - 175,940
Spring - 198,170
Late Spring - 221,117
Early Summer - 244,256
Summer - 266,256
Late Summer - 284,301

Food production and Ale production had similar patterns.

Also, each time that last year's numbers increased, the current years numbers zeroed out. So when you looked at the production panel in Late Summer, the numbers in the Used and Produced columns (between the Current column and the Used (1 yrs) column), all were zero.

Still does not account for the observed behavior of guys going home 6x/year and eating 11, 12, or 13 food for a total of 75.

eta: just confirmed that this does not happen in all of my towns, just in Gopher Prairie.

Running 1.07 Beta build 170608. If there is a more current version, someone please point me in the right direction!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

irrelevant

Quote from: irrelevant on October 19, 2017, 07:36:47 PM
Just looked at another town, in year 4. At first glance it seems that they are eating ~75/year as well.
I know this is an ancient thread, but I feel I must drop in here and set the record straight.

My guys were eating 100 food/year the entire time. I had lost track of the fact that bannies go home to eat 6 times/year. I was thinking that it was only 4 times/year :-[

Hi everyone!  :)

RedKetchup

Hey !!!

Je suis super content de te voir poster quelque chose :)

irrelevant

Perhaps I'll have something more interesting to post in 2-3 weeks  ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on May 29, 2019, 11:54:52 AM
Perhaps I'll have something more interesting to post in 2-3 weeks  ;)

i wish to see you playing RKEC !!

:D