News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Canal Texture

Started by purringcat, December 14, 2015, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purringcat

RK... I love your canals and sometimes run them back to the forester/hunter areas.    I just wish the white texture blended in better with mining/forestry buildings.
Would it be possible to add a second texture (dark wood) similar to the canal gate?

RedKetchup

which part it doesnt blend ? the brick walls ? the few piece of wood ? be more precise.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

purringcat

Sorry about that  ... I knew what I meant   ;D

The white stone in a forest setting.   Think of all the dirt that settles in a forest.   The canal is beautiful in town with your lovely two story white wood/stone houses.   But out in the forest, a dark/dirty texture would blend in better.   IMO     Just a suggestion.     :-[

RedKetchup

have you tried the other set ?, named Old Bricks canal ?

purringcat

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 14, 2015, 06:43:34 PM
have you tried the other set ?, named Old Bricks canal ?

No.   Didn't know it existed.   Did a search for 'Old Bricks canal' and came up empty both here and at CC's site.    Is it in the NMT 1.1b package?   That Mega sync program causes a BSoD every time I try and download the mod and Mega auto starts to download immediately on clicking the download link.   Just crashed my pc again this morning.   

edit:    could you link me to the forum thread on your canal please 

Paeng

Quote from: purringcat on December 15, 2015, 03:44:04 AMcould you link me to the forum thread on your canal please

Purringcat, check here -
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=76

If I'm not totally wrong, the Canals were integrated in that version of NMT, you should find all versions there...  :)

EDIT
Oops, just checked - that link points to that weird Mega.nz site you apparently have problems with...

I got another link -
http://1drv.ms/1CCCusu

* which is an MS One Drive link, now that is one I always have problems with...  ???  Maybe you have better luck...  ;D

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Bobbi

Both of the canal textures in my game look remarkably alike as far as color. If you zoom in you can see a difference in texture between NMT and Colonial. In the screenshot NMT is top, CC is bottom. I don't see a choice of brick.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on December 15, 2015, 03:30:52 PM
Both of the canal textures in my game look remarkably alike as far as color. If you zoom in you can see a difference in texture between NMT and Colonial. In the screenshot NMT is top, CC is bottom. I don't see a choice of brick.

Bobbi, those 2 set of bricks are NMT, CC doesnt have that, they are both mine.

1 with traditional brick , and 1 with a texture which look like CC is using, but both are from NMT.

maybe you can also have more luck with Microsoft OneDrive ?? http://1drv.ms/1HAevmA

Bobbi

Yeah, I know they are both yours, but one is made to look close to the docks in CC texture.

Bobbi

Is that one drive link supposed to take you to old brick canal? It is giving an error message. Anyhow, I am perfectly happy with the canals, I was just checking the game for @purringcat.

RedKetchup

no it takes you to new medieval town 1.1b ... or i dont know. there is SO MANY upload everywhere, on tons of version... that is a shame someone cant download it somewhere :(

purringcat

RedKetchup, I was able to download NMT1.1b  ;D and it's great.   But, it doesn't have an old brick texture canal option.   The two canal textures are very similar and both white.
Bobbi posted a picture of the white stone textures.   tks Bobbi  :)

It would be great if you had a texture of dark, mottled, old wood.   Imagine a stream, bordered by trees and an uneven edged walkway, winding back into the woods.   
Example of wood taken from Paeng's Florimo Journal.   

RedKetchup

sorry if you find both brick textures very silimal and both very white. if i have time i ll check for a wood one. if thats ok