Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Garden Walls: Utility for 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, March 10, 2017, 02:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Garden Walls: Utility for 1.0.7

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=240

Garden Walls: Utility adds a new chain of production. You will produce fertilizers; which will serve to produce more food all year long in greenhouses.";

This mod contains:

- 5 New resources : Fodder, Fertilizer, Raspberries, Strawberries, Watermelon.
- 3 New professions: Stableman, Botanists and Workers
- 5 New buildings : Fodder Farmers, The Stables, Water Well, Greenhouses, and Miscellaneous Barns.

- You will use the Fodder Farmers to make grow grass for fodder. This Fodder will be use to feed the horses in The Stables. You will get some fertilizer that will be used along with Water to make grow food quickly all year long in the Greenhouses. A new barn will help you to store this fodder and fertilizer.

UPDATE 2.0 :

I lowered alot the fodder number produced.
I lowered a bit the number of fertilizer produced and put a bit more work to produce it.
i scared a bit the amount of hay on the ground, much nearer of a forest is producing.
i ve put a little bit bigger radius from 20 to 24.
now hay on the ground can spawn flowers in the empty tiles. Flowers will change color and disappear in winter as they will float with wind.
the hay now will change color and disappear from sight in winters. they also will float with wind now.
A new building: Florist will harvest these flowers and
another new building: Perfumery will produce perfume with those flowers.
Perfume is essentially a vendor product for the moment.

The update is fully compatible with old saves :)
Enjoy !

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

taniu

@RedKetchup.I apologize for my mistake put an article - mod"Garden Wall".I will answer on this page. I know that the Mr. does not deal with - mods crops, but if possible would like to have a separate mod "Watermelon"?GrenHouse works great, but CC, so as not to burden the game, dug up from the archives mod "Lost  of Seeds v 2 [1.04B] It is thus a watermelon -. .. And Grenhouse produces watermelon.  Mod" Lost of Seeds "is not perfect, because this is the first mod 2014 by Kralyerg, and then began to leave the "CC". sorry for the confusion, but certainly forgive me for an older person. I still question whether the old mod can be repaired because the errors are eg. cucumber looks like a cabbage. I personally have to ask @ Kralyerg whether this mod "watermelon' will consider my request favorably?

RedKetchup

yeah you need to ask him by respect.

he generously gave me the watermelon files but it is not mine. i cannot come and release something that it is not from me.
if i do and he doesnt liked what i did.... he will never give me something back, understand @taniu ?
i am sorry, my friend.

taniu

@RedKetchupI'm just a player, moderators work together. Thank you for your response aha 2 storey colorful houses are great, the Banished becomes more beautiful. I'll use the old mod in 2014 and all the mods "CC" are great Cheers! :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: taniu on March 16, 2017, 04:32:36 AM
@RedKetchupI'm just a player, moderators work together. Thank you for your response aha 2 storey colorful houses are great, the Banished becomes more beautiful. I'll use the old mod in 2014 and all the mods "CC" are great Cheers! :)

it is the players who make requests :) not the moderators :)
want me to send him a PM for you  ?

kralyerg

It doesn't bother me if you make a watermelon mod with the files I sent you.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kralyerg on March 16, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
It doesn't bother me if you make a watermelon mod with the files I sent you.
alright i ll make one just for him and send in private message.

taniu

Is my case something has changed? will I be able to cultivate watermelon without mods "CC"? I play this mod "Lost Seeds of v2 [1.04B] on their Responsiblity. If nothing can be done is difficult, and so thank you @RedKetchup and @ Kralyerg for taking the time for me. I can send a few photos from the mods but I note in advance that with errors - it's just information.The barn is correctly listed crops - on a field grows mostly cabbage or pumpkin but it's a cucumber or watermelon

taniu

taniu

@ RedKetchup sequel
errors also occur in the orchard, but it's mods 2,014 years.The base game can cultivate only bean,pepper,potato,pumpkin,squach ,cabbage,wheat,corn Orchard - apple,walnut ,peach, pear,pecan.plum, cherry,chestnut.
Here in the winter greenhouse grown tomatoes, radishes, cucumbers, lettuce and chivesoyster mushrooms, etc. Cheers :)

RedKetchup

@kralyerg did everythinng he could back in time. people came up with a huge list of all the vegetable possible just because people loves to throw names ^^
he didnt had the resources to make it, nor the real time neither. and people continued to throw names of things that our super grocery here never heard of in centuries of histories ^^.
so he did what he could taking the vanilla graphic as much as it could have been a temporary fit to provide graphics to the names and this is why you got tons of cabage graphics for tons of vegetables.

but i agree with you , all those vegetable needs an huge graphic update :)
it would takes hundred of hours of work.

taniu

@RedKetchup. Sorry for confusion , I am old, and often a little whining, but I do not know if it will be a watermelon? I know now that moderators have a lot of work, every player wants something new, do not want to, lest he got the hump from sitting at the computer constantly, often forget that so fantastic moderators spend a lot of time and not once neglects his family - in the creation of new mods. Sorry about that, and I have great respect for you my friend. Cheers! :)

Nilla

Finally, I've come to test this mod. I found it interesting from the start, but I don't want too many new things at the same time. So it had to wait until now.

I haven't played very long yet, but my first impression is very good. I like the look of it. I find, that you have really made the best out of the limitations the modkit provides. Well done!  The chain seems to have a high productivity. I've seen the discussion in that other thread. But it's an alternative way of farming, a chain with several steps, several people involved, so at least now at the beginning, it's OK. Hard to say how it looks later, when the chain is fully developed.

I have discovered one small thing: the menu of the stable says: 8 fodder 2 water (make 8 fertilizer) but in real you need 12 fodder. I guess, you've changed it somewhere along the way and forgot to change the menu. No big thing, but maybe you can fix this, if you make an upgrade.

I also have a question: Is it possible to buy fertilizer? I hope not! Not so nice to get a boatload full of s.....t: ;) With the actual tradevalues, stingy people, like me, would be tempted to buy fertilizer and run the greenhouse without growing fodder and having any stables. (But I promise I will not buy any, even if some poor merchant would bring it. I like the meadows and the stables too much for that) :)

RedKetchup

yeah i probably forgot to change the stringtable :S

about meadows.... you will love it more when you ll see it swing with the wind and give flowers :)

Nilla

Now I can say a little bit more about this mod: It is very productive! Do I find it too "good" ? Maybe! I don't know. Yes! No! That's a hard question. It depends on how you see it.  :P

I think, I read that the Fodder Farm can supply 2 stables and a stable can supply 2 green houses. That's not true.

I now have 1 fodder farm with 2 workers. It produces a lot of fodder; enough to supply 3 stables with 2 workers in each. The horses produce a lot of dung. I have 13 greenhouses, and the amount of fertilizer still grows a bit, so I guess these 3 stables could supply another 1 or 2 greenhouses.

So from this 1 fodder farm, I can produce around 20 000 food each year. A lot! Very much, if you compare a small greenhouse with a big field. Alright, it has to produce a lot more; it can be used all year, and the fertilizer improves the harvest, but 2000 food on a 4*5 tiles spot? That's 100 food on each tile, if you grow vegetable or grain, fruit is a bit less.

But if you look at it in another way: to produce this 20k food, I need 2 fodder farmer, 6 stable worker, 13 botanists and 9 workers to fetch water. I have to overproduce water to make it work well. My Bannis seem to carry the water around all over the place, so unless you have a lot, the production might be bad in stables or greenhouses. There wasn't much water in the homes as I looked but in more or less every barn and market on the whole map. This way I need 30 people for the 20 k food. That's less than 700 each. Not more, than a normal farmer. So if we see it as an alternative way of farming, the production is alright.

And it's a really nice alternative way of farming. :)