News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Stand Alone Iron Smelter?

Started by Maldrick, April 21, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ancientmuse

@QueryEverything

No sorry, I don't use Steam at all.  I bought Banished when it first came out and wasn't a part of Steam.  To be honest, I don't like running games from Steam, I don't like depending on the internet to play a game nor do I like the idea of having to depend on some other app in order for that game to work.

Stand-alone games are more my cup of tea.

The only thing I can think of is for you to maybe purchase the non-steam version of Banished and keep that one completely seperate from Steam ?

Wish I could give you some help in that area, but I honestly have no idea how Steam works or how to get around it otherwise... if you linked it to Steam then there must be a way to unlink it, surely ?

I'll bet if you searched the interet long enough you'll find your answer somewhere.

Maldrick

Reasonably certain there's a way to outright delete games from your steam library.  In theory, if you have your original discs or can re-download from where ever you got the game originally it would have the same effect of unlinking.  But that's just a theory.  Steam is ridiculous and wouldn't shock me if it caused problems.  Guaranteed, it's going to want to delete its version of the game from your box.  Who knows, beyond that.  You could try uninstalling via steam, shutting down steam, then re-installing from your original source and see if they conflict in any way.

I like steam for some particular things, but I hate the way it takes over everything.  And the CS is terrible.  Most of the time it's not a problem but, man, it's irritating when it is.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze