News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Just posted some news about my current work in progress. It's mainly about storage and trade, no spectacular temples or such but a little granary to download and test for interested people. :)

banishedventures.com/diary-october-2018

embx61

Wow!

That all looks very impressive.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Turis

How much is left to be done for the complete mod?

darnokthemage

Could you give all the buildings with more yellow-tinted roofs a variation with the green grass ones? I want to be able to match them together.  :D

Tom Sawyer

I made a note about roof variants. Actually I like the different grass roofs, to have things more distinguishable in context of their use. So a bit dry and yellowish on the granary, brownish on the tannery, dark and dirty on the blacksmith and so on.

Left for version 7 is a couple of more buildings to produce this and that or maybe shipbuilding. More problematically is that bunch of sketches I have piled over the last months.^^ They are waiting for technical processing (mapping, texturing and things like that). Not the fun part of modding for me but even more time consuming. Hard to go back to a model for those steps, especially if it is a big one like the temple. And that I'm living "in my own world" doesn't make it better. ;D

embx61

Shipbuilding?

If you want the Viking Long boat is still for you to take :)

Turis

Tom Sawyer

Yes, thank you Embx. I have it in Blender right now and it looks really nice. But with shields and so long.^^ Perfect for raiding England or so. I need rather something smaller for fishing lots of cod and herring at the near coast. :)

darnokthemage

Or going down to Stockholm to trade Dried Herring and butter for wool and salt.

embx61

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 04, 2018, 05:00:51 AM
Yes, thank you Embx. I have it in Blender right now and it looks really nice. But with shields and so long.^^ Perfect for raiding England or so. I need rather something smaller for fishing lots of cod and herring at the near coast. :)

Take shields of (Saves on Poly too  ;) ) and scale it like 50% down.

I had it once so small and it was not looking bad or weird like it would be with a galleon ship or a ship of the line :)
I think I read somewhere the Vikings also had smaller versions of the long boats mostly for trading.

darnokthemage

I was playing the Anders and Ella map, and realized that we really need a small trading post, and a i mean smaller then the one we already have. Maybe you could combine the fishing thing and one of the really small storage barns into it. It would only trade a small amount of necessary things, like tools and a bit of iron.

donwolfkonecny

Tom, LOVE the Hunt Action. Is there a way you can make it disappear on it's own after 3 minutes? I often create it, forget about it, and my hunters are standing out there with nothing to do. And I can't find the bow to delete it, so I have to delete all the hunter assignments so the bow stands out in the forest. Thanks!

brads3

there is a small TP. the mini mod addon brings 1 plus several nice neat options for start villages.  http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/30-mini-buildings/

the townhall brings nomads without needing other buildings.the tool shop can make tools or leather coats.

as to the quickhunter,i lock these by clicking the pin icon. do the same thing with the quick fisherman. makes it much easier to move them.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, the Mini Buildings are a nice addition in the North. They have a charming design, just a bit outdated without AO but I keep them in my recommendation list. It should be placed below in mod list to be included. The mini trading dock will then work properly with Nordic merchants and also gets a matching terrain decal. Maybe to make my own "mini dock" but for now I'm working on a bigger one.

This idea of a hunting spot that vanishes automatically after a month or so is really interesting @donwolfkonecny . It would be also nice for crayfishing. Always found it annoying to have to quit it manually. Thank you for this suggestion, I will try to implement it.

donwolfkonecny

thanks brads for that tip, I'm clicking the pin for hunting. actually begun doing that also with the "crates and barrels" think too, except sometimes I get up to like 6 windows waiting lol (when you drop a hunter, drop a crates and it speeds up collecting, then delete the crate. I think this MIGHT be faster than not using the crate)

works well unless i forget to do it, or accidentally delete it instead of zooming
Tom that would be great :) if you managed to do it, try also for the clay, and i can't remember whether there was sand...