News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Paeng - Village Journals

Started by Paeng, March 21, 2017, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

It's good to see, that I have a replacement to check the numbers, when I'm sick! ;)

1500 food for 12 people? Not much. I guess they have to make some changes of the productivity. This mod is nice, it would be a pity if it has a limited use. I wouldn't like such a high productivity, that you could feed a whole settlement from wild salad; the area should give less food than a field.

Paeng

Quote from: Nilla on July 04, 2017, 12:39:35 PMthe area should give less food than a field.

Agreed... just a testcase  :)

But there needs to be some return of investment, the way I had to denude my beloved forests  :D

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Bartender

Thanks for testing this @Paeng ! We've set the numbers a bit on the safe side, as we indeed didn't want it too be as productive as fields. If we'd change it to 2500 per year with your setup, would that be within proper limits?

Paeng

Quote from: Bartender on July 05, 2017, 06:48:43 AMIf we'd change it to 2500 per year with your setup, would that be within proper limits?

Well, it's up to you, of course  :)

Let's take it down to a smaller homestead setting - 1 reaper plus 1 thrasher (4 workers)... with the new numbers they'd produce ~600 food per season (150 per worker), while eating about 400...

For a very small (or very young) town that's still not attractive, at least on its own - but probably works okay in combination with a true crop field...

I'd suggest to make it produce 200 per worker, so at least he can feed himself plus one family member...  ;)

Paeng

This is a 3-part series built around thatched houses, mainly by Embx and Kid with some seasoning by RedK, Despo and Discrepancy. The Village with a pop of almost 500 is made up of three hamlets, each with a different production focus, and an almost vanilla appeal. Here is the map -

Hamlet 1
This is the agricultural sector - orchards and fields clustered around a lakeside port with a central market and various production sites like mills, bakeries, a sugar refinery, a jam shop and more, settled between two forest hubs with gatherers, herbalists and hunters...

Hamlet 2 will be featured soon...  :)

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Whoyou13

wow, such wow. And the river is huge

grammycat

I always love your villages and get so many good ideas from them.  Your use of the Embx's irrigation mod is perfect.

Abandoned

Glad to see you were able to post some pics, good ones as always.  :) Nice to see some again.

Paeng

Hamlet 2
The port area with lots of storage and production facilities - mill, salt works, tannery, leather products, fisheries and a string of small markets...

Hamlet 3 coming up shortly...

embx61

Indeed amazing :)

I see I have to update the Above Ground Irrigation soon so the water color is the same as the Natural one.  ;)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Maldrick

Very nice, @Paeng25 !  Your work is always impressive.  The wood canal with the rustic buildings is just perfect.

I've not played with the new canals yet, but have me curious how you were able to smoothly transition the wall height in that one spot.

Also, not sure I recognize the cemetery wall.  The fountain is familiar but can't remember offhand from where.  Is that RK's deco set?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Paeng

Quote from: Maldrick on July 29, 2017, 04:07:43 AMcurious how you were able to smoothly transition the wall height

You mean from game water to canal water? Not much of my doing - they are made quite perfect by RedK... all you need to do is maybe to rotate the screen to find a perfect angle, at some rotation you may notice a slight difference... marginal though  :)

Quotecemetery wall...  <snip> ... fountain

Cemetery is vanilla, and yeah - the fountain is from RK deco set.

Abandoned

@Paeng I was wondering the same thing as @Maldrick if I am thinking correctly what spot he is referring to is in the last picture next to the mill where the ground level side of canal appears to be going uphill.  I like his questions and interest in the mechanics of mod making, we could have the beginnings of a new modder.  :)   And doesn't EB's village match nicely with Red's canal wood variant, very nicely done Paeng.

Maldrick

Quote from: Abandoned on July 29, 2017, 06:17:35 AM
@Paeng I was wondering the same thing as @Maldrick if I am thinking correctly what spot he is referring to is in the last picture next to the mill where the ground level side of canal appears to be going uphill

Yep, that's the spot. Although looking at the pic again, I realize now it's not a change in height.  It's where the joker piece narrows and it just looks that way at that angle.  If you look across the canal to the corresponding piece it brings it in perspective.

Can't believe I didn't recognize the vanilla graveyard wall. It's been so long since I built one, I'm losing it. Lol

Quote from: Abandoned on July 29, 2017, 06:17:35 AMI like his questions and interest in the mechanics of mod making, we could have the beginnings of a new modder.  :)

I can't describe how much I so don't need to open that can of worms. LOL. I'm neither an artist or moddler nor a coder so it would be one big massive learning curve at every turn.  But I love this game and am super curious about all of it.  So, maybe. :)  Still sleeping on it.  Thank you for the encouragement.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze