News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatinho65

@kid: Bummer, hopefully bartender will appear somewhere again? Since I'm so late to everything, I'm still trying to figure out who posts where, this seemed like the most active and welcoming place, but do some creators post more somewhere else?

Oh and I forgot to say how much I love the little Russian looking church, super cool and different;)

Paeng

Quote from: gatinho65 on October 05, 2017, 11:22:40 AMlose them among the trees lol

Tehehe, yeah... another trick is to pick a large footprint (e.g. market) and hover it over your map to pick out all the red spots  ;)

Quoteplanting and harvesting of thatch

Yeah, NatDiv is not my choice for every game, it's a theme I only play once in a while.
I would not mind to have all the associated thatch items as a standalone resource though...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

gatinho65

@Paeng: good tip, yet I get nervous about doing that because my twitchy finger might actually plant it lol.

brads3

maybe i am behind an update or 2. the FO mod i am using claims i loaded it may 9th and is 40.8mb. this versions claims to be about half the size.i never noticed it before but the houses don't accept thatch. the banies carry it and try to take it home but they get stuck in a loop until it warms up.once they grab a different firewood they get out of the loop. just happened to build a couple of the FO huts near a thatch meadow and was waiting for a building to be finished when i caught it.

did you fix something else since the may 9th? was my version always this way and i didn't catch it or could it be mod order? i cleared my registry the other day and re-did my mod order and have most of your mods grouped together. i do have the group mixed up cause the theme icon is not working.     thanks KID

kid1293

@brads3 - The version i have is from May 12th and is 42,800,821 large
If you mean the NatDiv version it is from same date and 46,716,456 large

I uploaded both mods May 14th and I just downloaded and checked. They are the latest.
They both work on my machine but I don't know anything about flags. People change them all the time.  :(

I never intended thatch as fuel so I have only WoodFuel flag in standard FO. Never mind.
I see the problem. It should have been Fuel not WoodFuel.
I chose WoodFuel out of habit. I don't want to burn coal.

What to do?

edit - Natural Diversity thatch have these flags.

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Custom5 | Fuel | WoodFuel;

I made the mod with these in mind. If someone made another thatch, I don't know.

brads3

i'll try to upgrade to the nat div FO version tomorrow then. i have a few houses that don't burn thatch so that isn't a problem. the whole winter of the families being stuck in  a loop carrying thatch was a issue. no work got done while they did that.

RedKetchup

in the next future mod, i have the nat div tatch as resource and it is same : RawMaterialFlags _flags = Custom5 | Fuel | WoodFuel;
i let it that way
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

@kid1293    What is the radius of the church, that most beautiful church? 

kid1293

Hi Granny! The radius is 35 and it got 38 believers :)

galensgranny

Thanks, Kid.   I love so very much the style, those specific log walls, and that green roof in combination with the dark wood walls on that church.   That particular wood log wall texture is a favorite of mine.  It would be wonderful to have more buildings and home styles with that wall texture, not just cabins in the woods. Maybe a tavern and market store building, and not only with a thatched roof (maybe some kind of wood shingles).  In the early years, the few families starting out don't have time to plane logs into boards.  Plus, some really love the log wall look even when there is time to make flat boards.  Some even want that look in town.  Log buildings are energy efficient.

kid1293

Hi Granny.
I do not think I come back to Forest Outpost. I really stretched it last time with the log buildings.
I am having a sort of break from modding. Just enjoying life :)