News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on November 18, 2018, 08:32:11 PM
First I had too much fodder. Now I have stripped some areas of land, and I'm planting trees. But no fodder is growing there. Do trees prevent fodder? There are other areas I stripped where I'm not planting trees and nothing is growing there, trees fodder or flowers. How can I encourage fodder to grow? Does it only grow on a certain color terrain?

trees dont spawn fodder. nothing can "naturally" make spawn fodder. it is added when you create the map with the map generator.

the only way to make grow fodder is with a fodder farmer building. it works like a forester outpost but they will plant only fodder (grass) instead of trees. with time, they will clear the radius and plant fodder each time they clear something.

and fodder with time will make spawn flowers.
and flowers will make spawn wild food :)

if you act good, the gatherer hut can be extremply OP, providing like 4000 food per year for just 2-4 workers.
( in the picture you can count a minimum of 3472 food, missing the 11th item, berries. and you can see the radius has been used at 50% for houses, barns, other_things....
and it is not year 1 ... previous year was year 7.
On this, even if i ve took a lot of space for buildings, i've clear all stones, all ores, all fodder. i kept all flowers. i ve put a forester, to plant trees in empty cleared spaces. )
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on November 18, 2018, 08:42:00 PM
Oh and I am unloading some bison from my warehouse. I'd like it to be deposited in TinyBarn A, but the stocker passes TinyBarn A and TinyBarn B, to drop it in TinyBarn C. Do they deposit randomly or can I control where they drop somehow? TinyBarn C was the first one built, I wonder if that's why it goes there. No the others are not full, less than half.

you cannot control what bannies are doing... not at 100%
they will go drop it when and where they want ^^ . thats the game and how it has been built from day 1
they can go eat... and then drop it near there... they can go for another item to pickup on the ground and then go for the next near that place.... they can go visit the herbalist and then drop it....

brads3

fodder not regrowing is a double edged sword. 1> it does mean we aren't swamped with flowers and fodder.since both would growwe would have excess flowers at least,unless we made perfumes. 2>however i do disagree with the logic. since RED has berries that only spawn with the  fodder,realistically it should regrow. the original Nat Div thatch did regrow. the way it is now works without giving us excess flowers.i am on the fence rather it should regrow naturally. full disclosure,my houses do burn fodder freely.

when i am done with the map i am on,i may experiment to see if i can get the fodder to regrow itself.i'll run a mod order test on it.

DON,your trees should regrow. i would say within about 5 years of clearing the land.fodder in RK can be bundled so houses will burn it as firewood.the vanilla wood chopper will bundle it.

RedKetchup

bah of course , the fodder will respawn itself. but if there is none, it cannot appear from nowhere, from another galaxy near you ^^

the fodder by itself :
   // re-seeding.
   bool _autoSeed = true;
   int _seedChance = 20;
   int _seedDistance = 4;
   int _seedTimeMonths = 3;
   float _growthForSeeding = 0.6;

brads3

what are the numbers for trees what about increasing the chance,would this mean more thatch and trees will regrow?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 19, 2018, 12:30:58 PM
what are the numbers for trees what about increasing the chance,would this mean more thatch and trees will regrow?

the auto reseeding for trees are this :

// re-seeding.
   bool _autoSeed = true;
   int _seedChance = 12;
   int _seedDistance = 8;
   int _seedTimeMonths = 3;
   float _growthForSeeding = 0.9;

so grass has more chance to reseed than trees but less far away.

brads3

does the growth for seeding refer to the rate of growth? can it be set to twice as often for both and speed the growth up for the trees?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 19, 2018, 01:46:49 PM
does the growth for seeding refer to the rate of growth? can it be set to twice as often for both and speed the growth up for the trees?

it refers to how aldult the seeder need to be old for seeding a new tree near it.
0.9 number set to be 90% fully grown, 90% of adult.

vanilla tree:
   // maximum growth before death, -1 for ever living
   float _maxGrowth = 5.0;

// growth +- some amount
   float _maxGrowthTolerance = 1.0;

// length of growth period to maturity
   float _growthInMonths = 40;

so 90% of 40months

in RKEC 1.2 trees:
   float _maxGrowth = 20.0; // in RKEC 1.1 = 5.0

// growth +- some amount
   float _maxGrowthTolerance = 2.0; // in RKEC 1.1 = 1.0

float _growthInMonths = 40; // in RKEC 1.1 = 40

in RKEC 1.1 AND 1.2 Fodder:
   float _maxGrowth = 16.0;

// growth +- some amount
   float _maxGrowthTolerance = 1.0;

float _growthInMonths = 10;

brads3

sounds like you have a plan. if i follow correctly:by being 90% of the tree's life,then new trees won't appear until that much time has passed.so it would take 36 yrs before a new tree sprouts from any tree. we won't see new trees until we play maps past 36yrs. since bannies are starting in virgin forests with treees already established,trees should sprout sooner.

also,how much have you analyzed BARTENDER's NAT DIV coding? do you know hw he made more meadow areas mixed on the start maps?

brads3

alsois there a way we can do 2grasses on a map make fodder 1 and thatch 2 even if both function the same?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 19, 2018, 05:04:37 PM
sounds like you have a plan. if i follow correctly:by being 90% of the tree's life,then new trees won't appear until that much time has passed.so it would take 36 yrs before a new tree sprouts from any tree. we won't see new trees until we play maps past 36yrs. since bannies are starting in virgin forests with treees already established,trees should sprout sooner.

also,how much have you analyzed BARTENDER's NAT DIV coding? do you know hw he made more meadow areas mixed on the start maps?

no it is 90% of the time to become mature. (90% of 40months). i kept the 40months and i just asked them to live 4x longer before they disappear for being useless.
and no i did analyzed anything from Bartender mod. the only thing i wanted is his fodder rolls model to replace my bad draws.

littlelamb

Hi folk

A quick question
Is there any way to stop bannies walking through decorative fences?

Thankyou

RedKetchup

Quote from: littlelamb on November 21, 2018, 04:32:48 PM
Hi folk

A quick question
Is there any way to stop bannies walking through decorative fences?

Thankyou

there is 2 kind of fences. the real one with collision. they cannot pass thru. and the ghosted one. the ghosted are only pixels in your screen and dont exists. Like ghosts they are immaterial and dont provoke a collision.

littlelamb

Thanks for the reply Redketchup.  I have some more questions.

With you mod installed do the farms and plantations require fertiliser?

Is there any way to pin your RK icon so that it stays open all the time? It would be great to not have it close when I select other icons.  For example - the destruction icon.

Thankyou