News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Solarscreen: Conrovina

Started by solarscreen, June 10, 2014, 05:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Welcome to Conrovina!

Ever since I left off playing Flomaton, I just haven't felt right with the other Banished projects.  Trying to make the forum interesting and all the other things needed to build it into a nice place to hang out has eaten up a lot of time too.

So here we go!  A new town and once again, the goal is 2,000 plus!  The Market Radius challenge really showed me some things I need to focus on and I think I have a map seed I like.

Name: Conrovina
Map Seed: 1008
Terrain: Valleys
Size: Large
Disasters: Off
Difficulty: Medium

Overhead Map:

Year 1 Establishment
""

I started my Forester Group first to get the food supply going.  Next, I planted the Boarding House - good for several years and couples will have babies in the Boarding House.  I planted a woodcutter and a tailor BUT FORGOT THE BLACKSMITH!!!  Lastly, I highlighted a substantial area to collect resources to supply all these endeavors.

Year 4 Original Establishment Grows

My resource collection area now clean has been developed into farm land!  I'm using a design that has been discussed at length over on SRS and is definitely a favorite of mine.  9x9 fields with one farmer work quite well and the same 9x9 space will hold two houses and one barn, just what is needed to manage the three 9x9 fields.

Year 4 Southern Forester Group

The Southern Forester Group is doing quite well and I have added an Herbalist to the group just to get the herb supply going.

Year 4 Northern Forester Group

I'm going to need more food and leather so the next Forester group is going in.

Year 4 Market Planning

I have decided where to start my 1st population center.  This location is close to the original establishment and seems to provide a good area to build in.  Now from the Market Radius Challenge we learned you could probably pack 1,000 people in a good market radius, but I'm going to focus on about 400 to 500 and build a total of 4 or 5 markets on this map.

So there you have it!
I have not laid out the entire map. I'm letting it grow as i see it happen, which is what is fun for me!

Thanks for visiting!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Kaldir

I missed this one earlier*. But it's looking nice. The map looked familiar, and then I saw the seed and remembered this map was discussed on the SRS forum.

It's nice to see some completely different building style. I always build houses before the first winter, it's funny to see you haven't built your first even in year 4. I also never have houses outside a market radius. How does that work out? Do they get enough food variety for their health, and don't they have to walk too far for their tools and clothing?
I also noticed you haven't even planned your school. Well, and ofcourse the farming because you start on medium. I always have some fishing going on early.
Totally different building order, but looking good.

Quote from: solarscreen on June 10, 2014, 05:55:58 PM
I have not laid out the entire map. I'm letting it grow as i see it happen, which is what is fun for me!

Not the entire map, but you planned the first 500 citizens. I often don't get that far.  :P

Did you continu this one after these starting years?

* The home page doesn't show unread marks for subforums I visited but not read completely (if that makes sense). I still forget that sometimes and miss out on posts now and then, including this one.

solarscreen

@Kaldir I'm all over the map with this village and I know I need to get a few things started soon like a school!  I haven't played recently as I have a time crunch in real life going on but will play again soon and update my progress!

There is a set of links at the top of the home page on some of the themes:

Show unread posts since your last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

When you click those and they are empty, another option will appear in the page telling you to click and see all new posts on the site.

RedKetchup

nice. seed 1008. so what you think about that seed so far ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 27, 2014, 01:44:27 PM
nice. seed 1008. so what you think about that seed so far ?

I like it so far but I liked the seed for Flomaton also. I'm thinking of rebuilding Flomaton.  I need to play Conrovina some more and blog it though. I've been away too long.

I was hoping more people would vlog their village but I guess nobody wants to. I may just combine this in the village images board and reduce the number of boards.

RedKetchup

nan, i will blog my villages soon. after 500 farmers over
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 27, 2014, 02:47:57 PM
nan, i will blog my villages soon. after 500 farmers over

Brilliant!  Looking forward to that!

irrelevant

I'll probly try doing one too. I was kinda doing that in "Bucolic Countryside" in Village Images. I guess that thread really belonged over here.