News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Goats!!

Started by twilightbreeze, July 23, 2017, 09:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

Have you ever had goat milk, or goat cheese? Tastes better than cow's that's for sure!!

I'd love to see goats, they would give hides, milk, meat, and even cheese could be made from the milk.

Anyone?? Pretty please with donuts on top??? :-*
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

QueryEverything

@twilightbreeze just a quick note, check out @Necora mods - there are goats (or at least goat products) tucked away in there ...  :)  I don't have time to find which of the mods, but there's only a couple, I'm sure it won't take a sleuth long to find the right one.  :D

Also, Necora is on leave for work, and will be back in the Northern Fall, so if you have additional requests regarding his existing goats, please leave a note for him - he'll see it when he gets back. :)

Happy goat finding!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

twilightbreeze

I was actually hoping to see if goats could be a separate standalone mod, like pigs and ducks, only because I really can't load Necora's mods, I'm already playing The North, and if I load other major mods, I get game crashes.

I can wait til he gets back, maybe he can make his goats a standalone. That'd be nice. Unless anyone else wants to try a hand at it?? ;)

EDIT:  I just looked over Necora's Crystal Cliffs mod, and there are no actual goats as livestock, just the ability to make milk and things.

So, my original post stands. I would like to request goats, that give meat, milk, cheese, and leather/wool. Anyone?  :)
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Bartender

I'm afraid that you're not very likely to find anyone who is able to take on such a project :-\.

The difficulty with animals is that you need to make animations. Mr. ShockPuppet over at BlackLiquid is the only modder who uncovered the secret of how to make animations for banished. Unfortunately, he hasn't been active in almost half a year, and I don't expect that he will ever return to modding. He never really shared his secret either, so nobody else has any idea of how to do it. Quite a few of us have made an attempt at some point, but we just haven't been able to get it to work.

embx61

I even bought a rigged and animated mesh (boars) but it did not work.

Luke does some stuff different then the "industry standard"!? I believe and by looking at his chicken example not make me any wiser.
I think Shock had to delete a lot of stuff from the bought mesh to make it work so it was like almost made from scratch.

One day maybe some who want to spent a lot of time on it figure it out.
I wish Luke would do an article, like he does with showing his C++ code examples for his engine, on animations.

Creating a building and even crops in max is one thing but animations and rigging is just another level.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

@twilightbreeze milk (available via the goat pen) can be used by the dairy, it gets treated the same as other milk.
So, in that sense - it's works perfectly.

However, the others are right, and which is why Necora had to use animal pens, and not pastures.  The problem with this is, you can only generate only so many X byproducts, you can't have Goats = milk, hair, hide; it really does come down to 1 item.  There was a large discussion about the development at the time over on the BL site, quite some time ago -- it's definitely worth a read to give an insight into how the mod came about.

As to separating the mod out for The North capabilities, not sure. 

Perhaps asking Tom, if he's interested in expanding his awesome chicken coop to also a goat shed?
Also, perhaps asking him if there is any reason why Crystal Cliffs would conflict. 

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]