News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

This is starting to look like a monastic communism.

Started by A Nonny Moose, August 07, 2014, 02:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

@RavenSteele @rkelly17 I bought 130 coal in fall 19. By Winter of 20, I had made 228 steel tools at three blacksmiths before the coal was all gone. That means in a year my guys got 16 coal for heating, less than 15%. Not a bad exchange. If it can work like that, I'm in. Steel tools for my guys, iron tools for trade.

rkelly17

Thanks for the experiment @irrelevant. I'm suspecting that one would want to build steel-tool blacksmiths near a TP where coal is coming in, eh?

irrelevant

Actually I'm finding the coal gets taken to all of my markets. Still an early town, so I just have 4 markets, each one with a blacksmith. I changed them all to make steel tools until the coal was gone.

I wonder actually how this will work out when my town gets bigger, how far the coal will get distributed.

irrelevant

So what I'm doing is holding most of the coal in the TPs that buy it. Being careful to buy it in different places. Releasing it in small batches (200-300) from TP to storage. I'll switch all my blacksmiths over to steel tools and produce those until they start running out of coal, at which point I switch them back to iron tools. I'll run those until the TPs are restocked, then I'll release more coal and switch back to steel. I've got 700 coal, that's probably enough to last a year or two.

Using iron tools for trade and giving steel tools to my guys. I'll do this until it starts being a headache, then I'll switch to all iron tools. By the time that happens though I expect I'll have a few thousand steel tools in storage. I already have nearly 500 from just the four blacksmiths.