News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Woah we got 1.0.4 beta ??? Edit: MOD TOOLS !!!

Started by RedKetchup, August 25, 2014, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Woah we got 1.0.4 beta ???

i see my Steam launcher updated my game to 1.0.4 !! what's new i dunno yet.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

MOD TOOLS ! WOOT !

RedKetchup

but but ..... but .....

how or where is the Tools ????

ROFL

i ve checked my game dir , i didnt found anything. only a 'menu' change and this window that appear lol

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

i guess we all in wait the announcement IMO

and also... i am in wait to see if there is also any other changes with that patch ? citizens behavior or any game changes

RedKetchup

yes ! it s here now !

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/download/BanishedKit_1.0.4.Beta.zip

Extract it to a folder where you want to work on Mods, preferably not the same folder as your release version of the game is in. There's a README.html inside the archive that has some basic instructions on how to use the tool set.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2014-08-26-mod-kit-beta/

slink

RedKetchup

so.... after many tries (deleted my new game with toolkit dir and recopy...) i successfully succeeded to run those Luke's mods and test it :)

of what i can say ..... Apiaries are really OP , really too much OP  :o they need to be tuned down a bit. i ll check later if i can do something about it cause 3600-4000 food per year for 3 workers.... thats really too much. it s double than gatherers are doing. it needs to be tuned down to ... 2000 ? 1800-2000 ? or even maybe 1600-1800 ? since gatherer can get 2000-2400 with 4 workers. what you think guys ? definitly, 3800 is really too much, thats unbalance.

Luttuce is ok. it works the same as other crops and probably ruled by the crop rules. the graphics arent as quite as good as before, all other graphics shipped with the game, but probably better than a ton of people whos would try to make some mods or graphics lol like me ^^

same as figs. probably ruled by orchards setup.

Leghorns : white chickens, its exactly same as normal chickens. produce same (eggs and chicken when slaughted) 66 leghorns in a 20x20 pasture (same as chickens). it s just a normal chicken different graphic (white) they really look like real chickens, at least, those we have in canada lol.

RedKetchup

a screenshot of 1 of new Apiary.

1 made 3744 honey previous season and 3968 honey this season with 1 apiary with full staff : 3 workers.
the screenshot also show : it worth 1 as all other food when you trade it. and you can also see, no ale (honeyale - hydromale) can be crafted in a tavern with honey

RedKetchup

Orchard : Fig

this screenshot shows the graphic and the different colors it gets of Orchard : Fig and also it shows i ve got roughtly same amount of fruits/nuts as usual : 1030 food for a 13x15 orchard.

RedKetchup

Crop: Lettuce

this screenshot shows the graphic of Crop : Lettuce and also shows about same anount of food (500 food) as ... beans (508 food)

Edit : noticed something. the grow /harvest seems very quick. being harvest in early summer to summer.

RedKetchup

and this is the Livestock : Leghorns (white chickens)

RedKetchup

i am trying to fix / balance the apiary. i saw we can also put 4 workers ( from 1 to 4, default 3 ) but i need to do more nerf ^^ i modified a data saying between 25 and 32 food created each time, and i nerfed it to 12 to 24 , and still doing too much : 6912 food/year => nerfed to 5760 => need more nerf than that ^^

i ll modify another variable i cant ask to create 6, i can, but really good to have 500x 6 ? ... will check where to modify the 'time' it takes to create those 'pack of honey'

RedKetchup

so i played with it :

int _lowCreateCount = 24; (originally 25)
   int _highCreateCount = 32; (originally 32)

and

int _workRequired = 30; (originally 10)

and tried to play with 12 to 24 (low - high) then up the work required to 20 and then 24 (while low/high up to 28) then work 30 with high back 32...
i passed from 6912 food/year to 5760 food/year to 2772 to 2576 to 2480(11months)/2624(full year)

i could have put 10 work and just 4 to 8 honey, but it require alot of 'picking up resources' by laborers...
i think i like it like it is now it's one third of the OverPowered (OP) it was. what you all think about that ?

edit: alright, gonna try 32 units of work and see numbers

slink

Okay, I need some help here.  I ran BuildResource and got a pile of data files, with some errors which I ignored at the time.  Now, when I attempt to build the distributed apiary, I get an error for a missing png file.  I deleted everything and recopied the files to the place I thought I was instructed to put them.  I ran BuildResource and once again I get errors, and all for the png files.  What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded and installed DirectX 9 End User RunTime and Visual Studio 2012 Redist.

I made a backup copy of the game directory and then updated the game.  It is in C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\Banished.  It runs properly and displays 1.04 Beta as the version.

Then I created C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\BanishedKit and placed the contents of the kit into that directory. 

I copied WinData from C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\Banished to C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\BanishedKit\bin.

I opened a command prompt and changed directory to C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software LLC\BanishedKit.

Then I executed BuildResource.  Below is what happens.  Can anyone help me?