News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Crash!

Started by LadyMarmalade, June 11, 2018, 12:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMarmalade

How annoying is it when you've been playing a town for hours and hours and suddenly your game decides to crash for no reason that you can understand? lol
As far as I can recall I wasn't doing anything new or placing a new building that I hadnt placed before or anything..just BANG and a fatal error crash.
I play with it set to save frequently, so I was able to go back and load the last save and it played - but then crashed again after a few minutes. The circumstances were different so I've no idea why it crashed again. Is it possible for a save to get too big? Like I said, Id been playing that for several hours and the map was large and pretty much filled up..

If thats the problem I guess I have to just suck it up and play smaller maps with smaller populations - but if you guys think it something else I suppose it'll be time to play the Mod  Game again for an evening and try to work out whats causing it and whether it has to be RE-moved or just moved!

(It might be totally unconnected - but I had noticed earlier that for some reason the button didn't work that you press to save a camera position? )

I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

RedKetchup

thats very very sad  >:(  >:(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

somewhere over 1000 bannies there is a known crash. they can be fun to find and narrow down otherwise. you can try to play and save and save. if you can lock a save right about the time it happens,you can look around and maybe find it.many times it is the game calculations internally that we don't see.some will go away, not all.it can be that a buiding finally produced a conflicted item.

do you have old 1.06 mods with trading posts did you add RED's vanillae TP fix? these gremilns can be hard to chase.have seen enough of them. sometimes they play games with you,the same mod order may never do it again or might the next game.sometimes you try to save and play to lock down when it happens,and it won't happen at all.

LadyMarmalade

I do play with quite a lot of mods. Looking down the list there are a couple that say 1.06, DS Roads, DS Small Village, Decorative PlantsV4.1, Livestock for Trade although I've had these all in my game for a long time without apparent problem.  II also noticed a c ouple of even older ones so I will see if they have been updated and can be replaced.
Am I right in thinking that the mods that cause the most problems are the ones which effect gameplay rather than, say, a new building, or new road textures?
I ask because I've just noticed I have a Decorations Mod that says !.04 and a Decorative Items mos also 1.04?  Should I take these out?

brads3

i wouldn't think decorations woud do it.you are correct that addon buidings or roads shoudn't cause it. i would recommend RED's TP fix. these can be hard to find especially when the game worked and you didn't  buid anything new. i use a ot of od mods, and don't see crashes that i can blame any for.

LadyMarmalade

Thanks, @brads3. I am seriously considering hiring you as my personal Mods Advisor (assuming your rates are good!).

I will try the TP Fix. I assume it's in the downloads section somewhere?

EDIT: Just realised it's included in RK Editors Choice.

brads3

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1638.0;attach=17012

there is a page on mod order under the tip and tricks page. i assume that you did upgrade the 1.07 to the newest version? i doubt the RK would even work without it. this sounds like a calculation gremlin. how many years and how big is the population?

LadyMarmalade

Yes, I was upgraded to the 1.07 version. I've updated a couple of my other mods too that I realised were out of date.

The game is gone now. I just cleared the registry and reinstalled banished for a fresh start before putting the updated mods list in - so I'll start again. It's not a problem, not as if I have anything better to do lol!

It wasn't a huge town by most peoples' standards - about 800 from memory- although thats quite good going for me.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on June 11, 2018, 02:09:43 PM
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1638.0;attach=17012

there is a page on mod order under the tip and tricks page. i assume that you did upgrade the 1.07 to the newest version? i doubt the RK would even work without it. this sounds like a calculation gremlin. how many years and how big is the population?

looks like the Nilla crash she had at some point

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 11, 2018, 02:13:38 PM
looks like the Nilla crash she had at some point
I thought about that too. It was totally illogical. If I remember it right; it was one tile in a corner of the map, that couldn't be used. As soon as I built on it; a field, a road or something else; the game crashed.

I found that tile with very much luck. It was in the area, where the nomads usually come from and since I only played one mod: RK Ed in that game and had excluded every other cause of crash I could think of, I had an idea, that it might have something to do with nomads arriving (it was about time). That's why I started to demolish some fields in the "nomad corner" and finally narrowed the problem down to one single tile.

RedKetchup

woah !
such a determination !!

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 12, 2018, 03:59:55 AM
woah !
such a determination !!

Yea, I dislike "spooky" things. This is a computer game; basically a sequence of 0 and 1, that most of us don't really understand. But we do understand what it's supposed to do and if it doesn't do it the way I mean it should, I can be really stubborn. I want to know why.

Here is what I wrote to that time. No idea if it can help you @LadyMarmalade or someone else. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2256.msg46231#msg46231

Voeille

I had crash problems sometimes, and not even in large cities. At some point it would just crash for no apparent reason after about 50 years in the game. What I do in that situation is unassign half of the job and let it run. If it doesn't crash, that means something went wrong with one of those jobs and I try to find the offending one. Then, I destroy and rebuild (sometimes in a slightly different placement) the related buildings and it seems to fix it.