News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA : New Medieval Castle : Beta v 0.1 - Walls

Started by RedKetchup, April 21, 2015, 07:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

You are really a man of surprises, @RedKetchup! I haven't followed this thread, because I'm not very interested in a castle. And now I see; It's not just a castle; you are making a lot of other nice looking stuff. The canals and the port, not to speak about the fishers; Marvellous!!!! I specially like the fish hanging around to dry. Very nice. Drying is a very old method to preserve food, also fish. In life a drying rack looks a bit different, but it doesn't really matter; this one looks good.

rkelly17

I wonder whether the net might be more visible if it were a bit bigger. Except in specific circumstances any sort of net used to catch fish, not just land a fish that's already on the line, would have to be bigger anyway to be useful--maybe 3+ m. in diameter. Another way to make it more visible might be to have it hanging up to dry--no self-respecting fisher would let his or her net lie around on the dock in a pile!  ;D

While we're at it, I love the fish hanging on the line--it looks like the fishers are both catching and selling from the dock, which would make a lot of sense. You may have done more work than you needed to on the fishing poles (They look very good, by the way). I'm not sure whether or not they had mechanical reels in the Medieval period, but a long pole with a line attached to the end would be appropriate in any era. I still have my childhood "Cane Pole" stored carefully in my basement! I even use it every so often.

RedKetchup

yeah i know :S it was for notice that was a fishing pole ^^ cause anyways , unless to use an hacking tool, we cant see nothing when we try to zoom in at mininum/closest camera view.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 15, 2015, 09:08:17 AM
yeah i know :S it was for notice that was a fishing pole ^^ cause anyways , unless to use an hacking tool, we cant see nothing when we try to zoom in at mininum/closest camera view.

I figured that it was for your own satisfaction since we'll never actually get to see it as close as in your pics of it. :D

assobanana76

@RedKetchup I have not followed all the existing discussion but, looking at the pictures, I had a doubt / suggestion ..
just an idea eh ..  ;D
considering the "problem" of the texture of the water is not better if the channel is as wide as the main river in order to "support" the two sidewalks on both sides and so as to exploit the vanilla texture of the river?
is it possible create a "building" as "divided" by something else?
thinking at CC building  that produces sand and clay I think it is possible ..
I think it will be resolved even the brilliant idea of perpendicular to dock the boat because of the merchant would be able to turn around easily.
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Brotte

I just wrote a detailed guide to removing the zoom limits using Cheat Engine if you guys want to admire Red's artwork a little more in-game :) :
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=905.0

Paeng

And if you are still confused, here is my guide (somewhat different in words and images)...

;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Brotte

I didn't know you had made one already, Paeng. I just had a hard time with it when I started using the hack and the guides I found, were very complex at best :(

Anyway, I just thought I could simplify it a bit and skip some of the unnessecary steps ;)

Paeng

Oh sure, it's not easy for those not familiar with that kind of thing, so different types of explanation will help all the different "levels" or backgrounds...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

assobanana76

but do you believe that it is possible to create a mod that does just that?
as well as in Cities: Skyline is the mod "first person camera" ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

child_of_air

Is this mod still actively being worked on? Just wondering, I'd love to see it finished.

RedKetchup

Quote from: child_of_air on June 10, 2018, 01:01:15 AM
Is this mod still actively being worked on? Just wondering, I'd love to see it finished.

no, the idea got abandonned since 2-3 years, sorry.