News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Elnor

Started by brads3, July 12, 2018, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 76-77

the mine area won't get as much clean up.the main center isn't overgrown  too badly.the marble ran out and the workers went to helping at the milti quarry.another KID tiny mine will be dug to add more iron.while we are here, the random mine will be dug deeper.it was down to 14%.more piles are set for the workers to use.

next, i'll clear the CC fort and add some shade trees.it does need more silver pfenning so the precious mine and  will be switched off gold ore to silver.1 smelter can work to make gold bars.cannons are added along the south wall.since the cooper was way ahead on crates,another tobacco field was planted.

the areas do look brighter and the logs will be useful.we have stashed more materialsd. firewood has increased.slowly more iron is also put away.lumber is over 1200.this will help expand sherbrooke before i start across the river.

pic 1 and 2: clean up to the mine area,
pic 3:cannons added to the south wall
pic 4:more clean up to the fort,decorative rocks and tree stumps to hide the dead "no build" ground.

brads3

year 78-79

we head back north to sherbrooke.i do want to build this area up.however knowing it will get more work after the quarry digs out all the stone,i won't fully clear this area.the tailor and blacksmith are added.a hospital and several houses are built.more crops are planted.
        the fort is really in good shape.the bannies will take time to clear along the northeast wall. a drawbridge gives them access across the main river.there is lots of space left.they still have the lake side with a stream splitting the land along the northwest corner.

it took 10 years but each area looks better.only sherbrooke needs any work later.if needed, more trading posts can be added between the lighthouses along the east shore of the river.that was a tedious propcess.soon we can start working to expand to the next area across the river.

pic 1:SB growing,
pic 2:west SB bridge
pic 3: north lake shore,

brads3

YEAR 80 REVIEW

population 674,416 adults,73 students, with 87% educated.191 houses including boardinhouses,health is full.happiness is up half a star.it maintains there.it doesn't seem to hurt production.where there are happy bannies seems to be related to closeness to all city services.there are some who are down to 3 stars just cause there coats are wearing out.  production has been increased. the bannies have worked to stash materials,tools,and firewood before starting the next phases.herb production is low. the banies should collect more as they clear new land.
        inventory shows the fish not being processed. there is plenty of fruit,squash,corn,and fish and bsion.this map isn't over collectig onions.the gathering does seem to be more balanced.there are surpluses of marble,feathers,beeswax, and candles.with the firewood imroved trading has slowed. the main import is iron.the new sherbrooke tailor will try to use the linen.

phase 1: Indian Village, phase 2 CC fort, Farm Center,and mines; 3 SherBrooke and Port Royal fort, 4 Mission Castle, 5 WildWest village and Plantation Fort,6 Monestary Valley and mt castle.

phase 7 is huge.it is a monster in size and the building material needs.so that we don't overstock materials,it will grow slowly.as it does phase 8 and 9 will stretch from it..hopefully i have it planned out well enough.1st step will be to cross the river and start moving workers and builders.did i say it was going to be a huge monster?

pic 1:yr 80 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:citizen,food, and firewood graphs

brads3

YEAR 80-81

the miner huts have helped keep the population down.players say the game wil error after 1000 bannies.i will have to keep an eye on that.this could get treacherous.there is some serious work ahead.

housing shows -10,laborers are +24.nomad groups are large 75+.the group this year was 120. i think it will go better without nomads.hopefully our poulation keeps up.plan is to hold laborer count to 50 and 15 builders.any count above that, i will try to move across the river and put to work.
          a road has to be extended from the indian village.the laborers will start to clear land.houses and some markets to help move materials will be built.once the markets are finished,things should go faster. to back up the markets a covered pile will give more storage space.the laborers have started clearing for phase 8.

the fort traded for full livery since we can't make any ourselves.the forward post used it and produced statues and furniture.they will continue to trade for the livery when it is offered.

pic 1: start phase 7
pic 2:fordward post outputs
pic 3: RK markets to move and store materials.

brads3

YEAR 82-83

hope these bannies are good with shovels.there is a lot of digging to do.an old stone 8x canal is to be dug to the west lake.this was the only place they found to locate the canal. going south from the river or  running it to the south lake would run into mountains.with the stone that the vendors stocked as well as more on the ground,the work went quickly.half of the canal is finished in 1 year.
             while they work to clear the ground for the other half,a stone road will be layed out and more buildings built. storage will be needed. a EB canal pump and an iron foundry are added.an apiary is built north of the houses. the bees will have fodder to make honey from in time.to supply tools a blacksmith is also planned.

pic 1:canal construction
pic 2:EB's water pump

Abandoned

Hi brads3, still going good I see.  :)  What mod are those cannons from?  CC I am thinking, but are they also in CC Frontier module.  I only used the Native portion of that mod so don't remember fort part too much.

brads3

yep they are in the modular addon.seems there are some storage issues with 1 or 2 of the fort pieces.i left CC a note but they haven't had a chance to fix it yet. i tried using the CC NF above the modualr to help fix it.that does lead to other issues thou.the production of the buildings is out of balance.some are way over and others under.i do hope they get to it.
      i like how the fort brings pieces that decorate the fort plus have a use.it is a neat concept. i wish someone would pick it up and expand the indian set.  a native indian dance area,the medicine man,a chief's hut,etc.i always wished the towers could use a bannie in them.only RED has been able to do that with the training camp. it will be interesting to check what you and KID have in the new sets. there is 5 different forts now.

the CC fort has the barracks for a boardinghouse.it comes with its own BS to make cannons and muskets as well as a tailor for uniforms.KID's RH mod works well with it. not sure if he changed it ,but the RH BS did make muskets.and the swan fits well to make cider.you can build all the pieces. i think it was the workcamp that wouldn't store tools so that 1 won't produce.

Abandoned

;D thanks @brads3 for the information.  I was going to ask you for more input.  I have made note  :)  I would like to see more added to fort and Native American's too.  There was another thread with some good suggestions that I will look for.  It is all up to Kid of course and there are several projects being worked on so it may be awhile before more consideration is given to it.  :)

Why do you like CC NF better than Journey?

brads3

i tried to dumb down the memory by using the older CC NF,but it does bring issues since much of the materials are tagged 1.07.when i finish this mpa i'll have to consider if it is worth while to keep using it.RED's RK is small enough that i can use it and tons of mods. the CC J with the RK combined would push my comp. closer to its limit.

Abandoned

Oh, that makes sense. yes, I think CC & Reds would be an awful lot.  I think with CCJ you might have less issues to contend with and there were new things added too.   :)

edit:  CC recently updated journey to also include things that were added to the individual modular mods

brads3

the CC J i have is almost triple the RK in file size.yes i do miss a lot of decorations and some houses this way.the CC J is half my entire mod folder for this map. a ton of give up.

Abandoned

Why not play one or the other and add all extra mods to them?  I do wish cc would come out with a deco modular, Mega mod deco is too much for me and I don't want to deal with conflicts and mod orders.  My system works fine as is with no problems and I like to pick and choose which mods to use for each map.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.  :)

brads3

YEAR 84-mid 85.

the road on the southside of the canal is layed out. the bannies can now work on digging the rest of the canal.housing for the traders is built.since RED worked hard at this set,the old stone houses will be used.a mill is aded and more fishing spots.they continue adding old stone houses for future workers.a medical clinic was built near the canal entrance.once the laborers have the builders stocked with stone,they can widen the clearing on both sides.
          this canal layed out smooth with just some slight terraforming to the ends. i do wish there was roads to match the canal texture. i could have tried a moss road, but didn't think it would match well.as good as it went, we built 14 houses but graduated 4 times as many bannies. they need to go to work and more houses need to be built.

the canal will need some deocrations, more will get added along the roads once i start expanding southward.i did add KID's canoes for the fishermen,NILLA thinks they can't catch as many fish from the canal so they need to launch boats out into the lake.otherwise i am calling phase 8 complete.RED's Canal will move goods for the Roman Empire.

pic 1:RC west
pic 2:mill,
pic 3:center
pic 4:east
pic 5: yr 85 stats

Abandoned

LOL Brads3, Roman Empire was not in America and America was not even discovered until 1492  :D  Roman Empire was at its greatest size in 117AD.

brads3

RED built that town not me. he said he was shipping to Rome. maybe he said "home" and i mis-heard it. :-\

i am to far ahead. just did the 100 yr review.no fatal crash yet.there is much to see ahead.