Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

so !!!

Even if....
i added a new build during the building process (build03).... Even if i added a 7th color (blue Stormwind) .....

the Colorful Little House .pkm file jumped down from 24 MB to 6,67 MB lol

A citizen and his family has gone to Stormwind City during their vacations, and when they came back, they decided to paint their house the same color most of the houses there are painted ^^
they found that wonderful, i think :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on March 15, 2017, 03:56:24 PM
looks fabulous, well done @RedKetchup

thanks you. Colorful Little Houses done :)

i finally added 4 more roof colors based on the new "more Stormwind original" roof texture.

WARNING: This update is not compatible in saves with old version 1.0 cause all graphic files have changed.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1588.0
Enjoy !

RedKetchup

before jumping on the next one... i will probaly check if i can do an awesome of "forester tech/gatherer tech" combo with dozens of new mesh of grass/wild fruits/bushes.
i love this technology because it adds so much to the 3D environement that the game is so lacking visually.

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 15, 2017, 07:09:18 PM
before jumping on the next one... i will probaly check if i can do an awesome of "forester tech/gatherer tech" combo with dozens of new mesh of grass/wild fruits/bushes.
i love this technology because it adds so much to the 3D environement that the game is so lacking visually.

I smell apple blackberry crumble in the making ;)
Exciting times :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

hmmmmm

looks like with a problem here  :-X

it seems forester can only "plant" one thing.

usually it plants trees, there is 7-8 differents looks of trees but it is still one thing : tree (which once harvested = one thing : logs)
i made them plant grass, i made 3-4 different design/color ("look") of grass but it is still one thing: grass (which once harvested = one thing : fodder)
i can make them plant blueberry, there is only 1 design of blueberry but doesnt matter, and it is still one thing : blueberries (which can be harvested by gatherers = one thing: blueberries)

i cannot ask them to plant more than one thing. whatever how i try to write the code, or it crash or it simply ignore the extra things.

but i can maybe get around it by :
ask them to plant one thing : something (which can have a dozen of models : low grass, bushes, other wild thing, just diff models) and that One thing can be harvested by forester and give One thing ... i dunno... Firewood.

and add a side effect to spawn a variety of food like : raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, blackberry, garlic, etc ... i need a list of foraging edible  food :P
and those would spawn indirectly like onion/mushroom/blueberry/roots are spawning  from trees.

if i modifer the spawn list of actual trees... it will conflict all the mods which try to use that list and spawn something else .... probably like maple sap :P
so i dont want too. and big part of the goal... is not to add food lol, but just add 3D to the game ^^

elemental

I'm confused. You want lots of wild fruits but you don't want to them to be food?

So are they going to be decorative or herbs or something else?

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on March 15, 2017, 11:12:32 PM
I'm confused. You want lots of wild fruits but you don't want to them to be food?

So are they going to be decorative or herbs or something else?

i never said that :P

i never said i dont want them as a food.

i cannot plant different food. i can only plant one thing.

is it my english ? can someone explain better ?

elemental

big part of the goal... is not to add food lol, but just add 3D to the game

That's what confused me.

If you want food and lots of variety in 3D models, your gatherer could harvest "forest foods" or "wild harvest" or something like that and then another building could sort them into different foods. Same as Kid's veggie patch mod. Generic veggies get grown and then they get sorted into carrots, beans, potatoes, etc.

Also, you might like to take a look at this:

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/1134-natural-diversity/&

RedKetchup

yeah that guys is working good :) but what he tries is just add diversity. instead to have 1 unique mushroom look when it spawns, you can, and he wants to, make 9-12 different looks so it is random.
but it is still 1 one, one mushroom. it is just the look of it that is random.

he wants to add also flowers... but i didnt read all... i am not sure how he wants to implement in game. maybe 1 toolbar and in that toolbar he has like 50 icon you can click to put on the ground a ghosted flower.

thats not what i want to do

i want forester to plant 1 thing (no choice i cannot plant 2+ things)
and this One thing will make spawn dozens of food.

QueryEverything

@RedKetchup have you seen @kralyerg "Wild things Forester", it plants a huge range of produce from the "All the wild things map", it's listed in the 'trees' menu, far right.

He's got it to make many different things, so there should be a way to make a berry forester, or other multi-item forester. ??

kralyerg

The Wild Things Forester doesn't plant many things, it just plants trees. Then the trees spawn many things. RedKetchup is right in that it won't let you do more than 1.

QueryEverything

Necora

How many things can a tree spawn? You could make the forester plant a nice grass model and then that spawn a tonne of different bushes that produce berries.

What foraging foods? Well, around here I can think of cranberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, saskatoons for berries. Probably more that I can't think of right now.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on March 16, 2017, 04:33:21 AM
How many things can a tree spawn? You could make the forester plant a nice grass model and then that spawn a tonne of different bushes that produce berries.

not sure there is a limit