Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i am not super good at it ^^^

but it is a begining LOLz
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kralyerg

I don't think there's a limit for tree spawns. At least none that I've found. The wild things forester that QueryEverything mentioned has like 30 different spawns.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kralyerg on March 16, 2017, 06:14:44 AM
I don't think there's a limit for tree spawns. At least none that I've found. The wild things forester that QueryEverything mentioned has like 30 different spawns.

in that list you ve put all the fruit trees ?
how they get harvested ?

brads3

would it look better if you scale down the size of the bushes? make them more shrub size than tree size? or mix it and make most shurb size but leave  a couple of the larger size. how big is the circle?? i take it we are looking ar a forest + gatherer set to make it work. what if instead of the forester doing logs,he harvests firewood only? then the gatherer finds food.
   i have not seen TANDY'S mods,my comp won't show the pics. how much did she add or change to her gatherers? i know she added flax. i don't think we want to step on or re-design something she may have done already. the guy at the BL site seems to have similar ideas on changing the looks of the grounds and plants. from what i read the mushroom was just an example. the flowers were ideas to change the herb plants. if he can add them without changing the game function codes,it would b interesting to see what he can come up with. maybe he will come up with a way to override the vanilla plants graphics.

kralyerg

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 16, 2017, 07:06:22 AM

in that list you ve put all the fruit trees ?
how they get harvested ?

In the wild tree forester I put a wild version of every crop that CC and vanilla have.  Then I made the vanilla gatherers hut also collect them.l, just like the regular tree spawns.

QueryEverything

Firstly, @RedKetchup absolutely amazeballs :)  I go to sleep for a few hours and I come back and voila, inspiration struck you like hammer to anvil :)  Awesome work.  :) :) :)  I'm not complaining about the bushes, but, I can tell you my blackberry bushes are so fat it can hide kangaroos and sheep behind it and I'd never know! 

True story:  I couldn't see my 2 sheep last season and I heard them bleating quite loudly, I also hadn't seen one of the kangaroos either; I sent husband looking for the sheep to see what was wrong, apparently a kangaroo had gotten too close to "their" blackberry bush and they weren't thrilled!!  Little known fact, sheep have 'sweet tooth', they love anything sweet and that includes blackberries straight off the bush, and other little things (I have a few more ShawnTilda stories ;)

Back to this ...  Looking really good and loving the other berry ideas that @Necora added.  Also:  loganberry; boysenberry; orange berry (legit); quandong - nectarbrook; muntries (ok, now that's very odd, most wouldn't have heard of that one)
Or, you can do a native range, say, an Aussie tree (ahem, cough, cough, c'mon Aussies, +1 this for me please ;) ) (only somewhat serious/joking ;) ;) ;)

@kralyerg I was meaning to ask, the forester itself only needs to maintain the tree balance, correct?  So, I'd say, after the initial plant has happened with the 4 foresters, scaling the foresters back to 1, rather than 4 paired with a 2 team gatherer, that should be a good balance?
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kralyerg

Quote from: QueryEverything on March 16, 2017, 02:12:16 PM
@kralyerg I was meaning to ask, the forester itself only needs to maintain the tree balance, correct?  So, I'd say, after the initial plant has happened with the 4 foresters, scaling the foresters back to 1, rather than 4 paired with a 2 team gatherer, that should be a good balance?

@QueryEverything  That seems about right.  The more mature trees you have, the more things can spawn. But, the wild things forester, as well as the whole wild things map in general is inherently not balanced. Because there's 66 spawns (I just counted them, I had wildly misremembered when I said 30) fighting for space, you get lots and lots and lots of resources collected from the gatherer.

QueryEverything

I had wondered about that, but I'm never one to complain about overbalanced produce ;)
Thanks for the answer :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

i think i succeeded to make them look a bit better.
the problem i am facing, even if i add an AO file i am not getting "shadows" inside my bushes.
yes it cast a shadow on the ground... but "inside" the tree itself, i am not getting shadows which make them look odd.

the way i succeeded to make them look better, i think, is by adding 3x more leaves.
the 1st set of leaves it is clear and light.
the 2nd set is same leaves but darker and is placed a bit lower than first set (0,1 lower)
and the 3rd set is the same leaves but alot more darker and placed again more lower (another 0,1 lower)

and to add some random, i turned , rotated, the medium dark leaves with a +10 degres, and the darkest one a 10% minus, the other way.

i think it look less odd.
(screens before and after)

kralyerg

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 17, 2017, 04:06:34 AM
even if i add an AO file i am not getting "shadows" inside my bushes.

Did you make a real AO file?

RedKetchup

Quote from: kralyerg on March 17, 2017, 05:00:40 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 17, 2017, 04:06:34 AM
even if i add an AO file i am not getting "shadows" inside my bushes.

Did you make a real AO file?

yes i did Sir :)
and wasnt resolving the problem :(

it reminds me to redo them (with 3x more leaves)

with the 50 shades of grey,  50 shades of grey darker and 50 shades of black ^^

Necora

I have no idea how shock got the beautiful shading on the trees in CC, I can't replicate that at all. I managed to get some shadows on the trees branches, but they come out quite drastic and dark. Let me know if you figure it out ;)

QueryEverything

I can certainly see the difference, they look great (I had no complaints to begin with either :)); excellent work!!

50 shades of Banished.
I can see the book title now :D :D :D

RedKetchup

a little update...

lately i was working to learn to make wind on the herbs and bushes....

Thanks to @Necora  we fillay learned to do it :)
<3

so some pictures ^^
(keep in mind, you dont necessairly "see" them moving in the screeshots... but they really move ^^)

RedKetchup