News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@Discrepancy , I agree a separate mod for gypsy wagons would be best. Did I mention how much I like the looks of that stone bridge  8)

brads3

separate mods??? do those wagons need wheel parts? can i make a request if you are doing separate mods? i would like the waterwheel pump well. if it were possable i'd like to see the pump have piping or a ditch to move the water inland a ways and then store it or have a open trough ike a half wooden barrel for the villagers to collect it from. most likely a 3 piece mod set. the wheel pump,some pipe or ditch decorative pieces and a collection tank with a worker. not sure of the output the wheelpump has but i think it makes sence to have  a high output.

Discrepancy

Quote from: brads3 on June 01, 2017, 10:34:36 AM
separate mods??? do those wagons need wheel parts? can i make a request if you are doing separate mods? i would like the waterwheel pump well. if it were possable i'd like to see the pump have piping or a ditch to move the water inland a ways and then store it or have a open trough ike a half wooden barrel for the villagers to collect it from. most likely a 3 piece mod set. the wheel pump,some pipe or ditch decorative pieces and a collection tank with a worker. not sure of the output the wheelpump has but i think it makes sence to have  a high output.

Haha, you've just outlined a whole new mod - not just making the water pump separate ;) but it is a good idea, I just don't think it is something that I'll be doing anytime soon, plus water is flagged as edible - it doesn't have nutritional value but will be stored and consumed along with all other foods... or do you mean to create a building like the RK warehouse & CC warehouses? where the worker is tasked to collect a certain resource (trader code)?.
When I start more on the whisky distillery, a water producing building will be needed for the set, at that point I will look into expanding it.

I might just release a few of the DSSV production pieces separate. one day ;)

Discrepancy

DS Mods - NatDiv Thatch Patch

what it does:

a small patch mod that alters the construction cost to DS buildings, utilizing the resource 'Thatch' from the mod: Natural Diversity

alters the construction costs (adds thatch as requirement & alters other resource costs) of the following DS mods and buildings:
DSSmallVillageHomes.pkm  -- Small Village Home + Upgrade + Angle variants / Village Homes + Angle variants / Small Village Townhouse / Village Townhouse / Large Village Townhouse
DSSmallVillageProduction.pkm  -- Village Candle Maker / Village Fishing Dock / Village Forester / S,M,L Forest Food Gatherers / Village Gruel Kitchen / Village Hunting Cabin / Village Pasture, fenceless / Village Kitchen / Weaving Guild
DSSmallVillageServices.pkm  -- Village Herbalist
DSSmallVillageStorage.pkm  -- Small Village Barn + Angle variant / Village Barn + Angle variant
DSStoneHovels.pkm  -- Stone Hovel + Angle variant
DSCelticHouse.pkm  -- Celtic House

this mod also alters the residence code of the Celtic House - it will now support a family of 6, although the menu text has not been altered and will still say a family of 4.

installation:

download the file 'DSmodsNatDivThatchPatch.pkm' from below.
place inside your banished/windata folder.
enable mod in mod list and place above the DS mods, but below Natural Diversity

load order:
NatDiv.pkm
DSmodsNatDivThatchPatch.pkm
DSSmallVillageHomes.pkm
DSSmallVillageProduction.pkm
DSSmallVillageServices.pkm
etc...

** requires the mod: NatDiv.pkm

thanks to @Bartender

elemental

DS Mods NatDiv Thatch Patch... Great name. I don't really know why but it gave me a bit of a laugh.  ;D  Great mod idea, too.

QueryEverything

Quote from: elemental on June 01, 2017, 07:53:13 PM
DS Mods NatDiv Thatch Patch... Great name. I don't really know why but it gave me a bit of a laugh.  ;D  Great mod idea, too.
@elemental ;)
*snicker

In other serious news - thanks @Discrepancy :D 
That's great, grabbed now!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

despo_20

Thanks for the patch @Discrepancy ! Very appreciated!  ;D

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy were you able to find out why some of us were having duplicate Village Workshops show in our menus?
If not, can you please add it to the "bugs:  to do"  :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Bartender

That's great @Discrepancy ;D! Thank you for making our mods work together :)!

Discrepancy

Thank you everyone :)

and thank you @QueryEverything , I have not forgotten that bug. I will make areas in first post to keep track of them also. Thank you.

QueryEverything

Thank you @Discrepancy :)
I've checked your updated lists, a few things there are very exciting to see you have an idea about :o)

I'm creating a new topic now as a mod request, but I thought I'd pop this screenshot here too, see if it's something you've thought about for a future update in the Jetty mod :)
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1758.0

*just placing this here :)

Discrepancy

I'm progressing slowly with DS Stone Bridge.

We discussed some time ago about making the buildings independent of the bridge. After trying both methods I decided to go back to them being a part of the bridge. So each piece is a part of the stone bridge walkway. This puts more emphasis in bridge planning before placing, but with some construction helpers it will be simple to work/travel around the build/demolish sites (more on this another day).

I think a couple more buildings, finish some missing build models. and then add some construction helper items and that will be all the new content for this v1.
After that, final bug testing and then release.

But I leave you with some screenshots from my own testing (tested with DS Jetty & Bridge):

RedKetchup

gods ! everything is looking so great ! incredible all the details that are there !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Wow!

That looks stunning.

Do you mean with construction helpers that it is possible the workers stand on a floor in the build stages instead that they have to use dive gear. LOL?
If so and you get this finished maybe you can show me how to do that. No rush, take your time, but I did not know that was possible.

One minor detail suggestionl. The end piece (Picture 3) is just hanging above the water. This is possible with reinforced concrete but with brick I am not so sure.
Maybe add some wooden beams horizontal underneath the brick as overhanging joists to carry the load of the bricks?
I think that it will be easy to add (Just a couple of square beams) and will add to the realism but we can also argue the beams are there but hidden by the bricks :)

I like the window shutters. Some of them in different positions add to realism. I did the same with some of my buildings.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]