News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Medieval Town 3.1 Canal Issue

Started by Femhem, September 14, 2020, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Femhem

Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to connect my canal to the water source, but anywhere I try to place a canal piece to connect with water, it won't let me. Are canals in this mod supposed to all be self-contained? It seems counter-intuitive to immersion to have a canal that can't connect with a lake or river. I tried flattening the landscape, but that looks horrible. I can't imagine it's something wrong with my load order; is it? Any tips would be appreciated. I love canals and would hate to build a city without one. Thanks for the help!

brads3

you should be able to put it there. save the game a couple times just to be safe. then flatten the ground where the canal part you want goes. if you have NECORA's riffle mod ,you can use that to make slopes down 3/4 a tile depth. you can use CC terraform to go 1 and 2 tile depth.they do help with the canals to dig out around them once they are built. sometimes to place these, i do have to turn the screen and zoom in.computer likes to push the curser,so you might be overlapping more than needed. trick is to flatten only as much as you need for the piece. the other terraform tools do help dig around them where they meet the lakes.

brads3

i am wondering if it is due to the way the canal is entering near that bridge. did you happen to try a short piece or 1 that is open on the side,like a 3 way?

Nilla

On such a location you can´t put a canalpiece without the flattening tool. The walkable side piece can´t be built on water. Do as Brad says, make a save and be careful; only flatten the tiles that shows red with the footprint and it will look good after the canal is built. If you want to avoid using the flattening tool; choose a location where the shoreline is straight.