News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #6: Best Storybook Village

Started by solarscreen, July 21, 2014, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Calling all storytellers!  This is your chance!
Gone are the most this and the biggest that!  This is all about the story!

Start your village and craft a story around it.  Tell us about your people and their joys and sorrows, their successes and failures.  Tell us about the village and its best and worst attributes.  Capture our hearts and imaginations.  A failed village can have as great a story as any 200 year success.

Post your village as a blog in the Village Blog section and weave your magical tale, your romantic history, or your chilling tale of horror!  Screencaps and paragraphs will form your story!

Title your blog post in this format:  A Storybook tale: "Village Name"

Maybe this will lure @nmid and @Boris_amj back to the forum for awhile!

Any seed, any setting.

This challenge ends midnight GMT August 31st.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Zephormite

Right, so Trading up til August 1st, and then into writing a story....

slink

@solarscreen, you are a naughty, naughty man.  I had just decided not to enter into any more contests because they were all for the largest and most, and you spring out one based on storytelling.   ;)

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on July 21, 2014, 07:23:36 PM
@solarscreen, you are a naughty, naughty man.  I had just decided not to enter into any more contests because they were all for the largest and most, and you spring out one based on storytelling.   ;)

:)

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on July 21, 2014, 07:23:36 PM

Yes, yes he is.

mariesalias

I am looking forward to everyone's stories!

nmid

I always get a nice warm feeling when I get a notification from the WOB forums :)

To quote D'artagnan from the TV series "The Musketeers" is so apt here :)
"Remember my name in a kind way... if you think of it at all"

I've been swamped during the week and my weekends.... my evil idiotic friends have gotten me to try out Rimworld, Factorio and then skyrim in a row.
You can't imagine what that resulted in, but suffice to say that I've played out rimworld and factorio in the last 3 months, but it's only after about 30 hours of skyrim that I realise that even 300 hours won't be enough !!
And I still have to try out Prison Architect and Gnormia.. and perhaps Tropico5 :x

I guess I'll come back to Banished when the mod comes out..... I've been following Luke's updates regularly.
Thanks again for mentioning me :)

edit - grammatical typo

slink

Good to hear from you, @nmid.  Now we just need to hear from @Boris_amj.  *big smile*

RedKetchup

personally i m waiting Civilization: Beyond Earth in november (24th i think)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mariesalias

Didn't @Boris_amj  say he was going away for a month or two? It would be nice if he were back in time for this challenge.

@nmid Glad to see you again, I'll look forward to seeing you again when the mod kit come out. Enjoy Skyrim, not sure you can plan on 'finishing' with it though. ;D

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 24, 2014, 07:16:16 AM
personally i m waiting Civilization: Beyond Earth in november (24th i think)

:o   *googles*  But I have goals to achieve this fall.... 

slink

@Boris_amj said he was going away for a week, and that he would be back on June 12th.  He then made one post on June 12th and vanished from the face of the forum.

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on July 24, 2014, 03:30:55 PM
@Boris_amj said he was going away for a week, and that he would be back on June 12th.  He then made one post on June 12th and vanished from the face of the forum.

I think he got distracted or something came up from his trip.  I hope he shows up again, he is currently my only moderator!  Although the forum doesn't need a lot of that! 

@Boris_amj are you still out there? Hope you are well!  We miss you!

mariesalias

Quote from: slink on July 24, 2014, 03:30:55 PM

Ah, I thought he said longer. Well, hopefully he comes back to us soon. :D

canis39

nmid, I've got about 800 hours in Skyrim and I finally feel like I explored most (although not all) of what I wanted to. I am currently on a break from that game...but I'm sure I'll be back.

nmid

@mariesalias Before I started Skryim, I did think I should try out TES3 and 4.. but got impatient (/didn't want to play a world with a lesser UI/features..) and started off on TESS.
I still think it was a good decision, but for a different reason... I saved myself a lot of time :D

@canis39 800! Lol.. and here I was thinking 250-300 would be enough with plenty of buffer time to do my pack-rat hoarding and inventory management.

I've put in about 86 hours so far (as per my save file, so not counting all the reloads I've done :p).
I just spent a day today (A national holiday) checking on Skyrim mods and I think I went a bit overboard and installed 20+ mods in one go :D. (No ESB/Graphical mods yet.. playing on the lowest graphical settings currently).

I did clean out the master files using TES5 edit, but I haven't checked on how to clean the mod files.
I played an hour with the mods turned on and it seems to work fine, so here's keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get bloat saves or bugs.

Edit - The list of my installed mods so far....
.\Mod Files\Installed\A Quality World Map Installer-4929.7z
.\Mod Files\Installed\Achieve That-30212-2-3-1.rar
.\Mod Files\Installed\Alternate Start - Live Another Life-9557-2-4-1.7z
.\Mod Files\Installed\AMatterOfTime_v2_0_7-44091-2-0-7.7z
.\Mod Files\Installed\Bandolier - Bags and Pouches v1dot2-16438-1-2.7z
.\Mod Files\Installed\Better Dialogue Controls v1_2-27371-1-2.zip
.\Mod Files\Installed\Brawl Bug Plugin v1-1-23435-1-1.zip
.\Mod Files\Installed\CategorizedFavoritesMenu v0_1_18-4862-0-1-17.zip
.\Mod Files\Installed\Convenient Horses - Faster Sprint-14950-.zip
.\Mod Files\Installed\Convenient Horses v5_0-14950-5-0.zip
.\Mod Files\Installed\Enhanced Blood Textures 3_5d-60-3-5d.rar
.\Mod Files\Installed\Glowing Ore Veins 300 2_00-193-1.rar