Paper production.

Started by Jafar_the_Barmecide, April 16, 2017, 01:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

thats why i said : most experimented :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

RED i thought you was the teacher??? you taught me with your training videos to make maps in FS 13.i still have to finish that one of these days.

QueryEverything

Gentle bump, has anyone had any other thoughts on this mod idea?  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

haha... I've had thoughts on making so many things! I will never have enough time ;) It always seems my 'To-do-list' gets bigger and bigger despite finishing things.
I've already done more than I ever thought I would have. And still haven't made the first things I wanted to when I started modding.

;D
I will leave paper to someone else for now.
If we can have buildings like the townhall and schools use a constant resource like the houses do fuel, then my village will definitely start making hemp paper.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 29, 2017, 08:26:17 PM
haha... I've had thoughts on making so many things! I will never have enough time ;) It always seems my 'To-do-list' gets bigger and bigger despite finishing things.
I've already done more than I ever thought I would have. And still haven't made the first things I wanted to when I started modding.

;D
I will leave paper to someone else for now.
If we can have buildings like the townhall and schools use a constant resource like the houses do fuel, then my village will definitely start making hemp paper.
*warning
Lots of 'just thinking out loud ahead, turn away now if it's not what you're into :)

I was thinking about something like that the other day, in another thread was talking about the use of luxuries as well, and I had wondered ...  you ( @Discrepancy ) & @Necora have made food resource producers use items.
In your case the hunters & the fishermen & gatherers, and in Necora's the fishing boats - can this new way of 'gathering', be modified for houses to use luxuries?

Or, are you able to 'use' equipment to produce an item, and it's dynamic (in a way), rather than a static building that just squats on a map? 

Or, is it the 'worker' which consumes the items, rather than the building (ie:  the gatherer uses the baskets, rather than the gatherers hut). 

In which case, to make a larger house use items (luxuries, soap, health, paper etc), could you then not create a profession to consume those items, within the house?  EG:  Housekeeper, Butler, Gardener etc ....
The house (and I believe that you can't have a house & a profession building in AllinOne), would have to have the profession building attached to it, to give the appearance (rather than the function), of a house using resources.
The Main House may have a 'butlers kitchen' attachable building (like in your dock housing, the small 2 person building), and it fits snugly into the foundation of the Main House. 
It would make it look like it was doing what you want - fake it til you make it :)

I just had a thought - a 2 storey house, the main 'living' upstairs, but, with no stairway - so the Bannies can't use it, unless they have the lower 'house' built, which then attaches the stairwell from the ground to the upper level, and therefore to make the house usable by the Bannies, you must build the lower level, with the consumables consumed.

Does any of that make sense?  Is any of it usable, or have I completely missed the 'hows' of how you make the gatherer consume baskets to gather berries etc ....
How can you make that next step of Berry Baskets & Hunting/fishing gear to soap & candles?  :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

so you want a modular mansion with servant quarters in the cellar or upstairs. a house + a kitchen+ a butler+ more residence space for the workers.problem i see is it has nop affect on the game play. the bannies happiness doesn't matter enough. i had thought of adding furniture or silverware usage under the firewood code of the houses. possable yes. problem then would be early in game those houses will freeze bannies until you have those crafter items. if we could link health to happiness and have both matter more than ideas like this would work better.in CC we can produce so much but it all only serves 1 purpose. to trade it away.

embx61

Yes the trade away is in quite a few mods, including my own, the only way to make use of the end product.
In itself not that bad as trading is part of the game after all.

I have not that many raw materials but some of them are trade only as so far I see no real purpose for them.

All my added raw materials are so far:
Kernels(Sunflowers) - From Crop - Used in the oil press to make Seed Oil - /Food / Trade.
Flax - From Crop - Used in the Oil Press to make Linseed oil( Misc / Trade). If Luke ever fix the more build requirements for buildings then Linseed oil can be used to produce paint. It can also used by Wood carvers I believe.
Wine - produced in Winery (Luxury/Trade/Happiness)
Bread, Cake, and Pie - produced in Bakery (Edible/Trade)
Flour - produced in Windmill - used in Bakery (Grain)
water - used in Bakery and Tannery (Edible)
Cured leather - made in Tannery - used in Leather Works
Pouches - Crafted - Trade only
Saddles - Crafted - Trade only
Milk - From Cows - Food/Protein (Can be used in a Dairy chain if I ever come to that.
Sorghum and Barley - Edible/Grain, used by Windmill to produce Flour
Grape - Orchard - Used in Winery to produce Wine.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

@embx61 regarding your kernels, would it too much trouble to make a separate mod for me of just your sunflowers, crop seeds for the trader to bring and the farmers to plant?  I love those sunflowers but don't always think of the oil press when choosing the mods for a map.

embx61

Sure @Abandoned

I have to do some grocery shopping soon but have it done some later today.

embx61

@Abandoned.

Made the little Sunflower Crop Mod.
It is in the download section or download from Here

Enjoy :)

Abandoned

Thank you so much @embx61 , I will certainly it.  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: brads3 on April 29, 2017, 09:05:53 PM
so you want a modular mansion with servant quarters in the cellar or upstairs. a house + a kitchen+ a butler+ more residence space for the workers.problem i see is it has nop affect on the game play. the bannies happiness doesn't matter enough. i had thought of adding furniture or silverware usage under the firewood code of the houses. possable yes. problem then would be early in game those houses will freeze bannies until you have those crafter items. if we could link health to happiness and have both matter more than ideas like this would work better.in CC we can produce so much but it all only serves 1 purpose. to trade it away.

@brads3 you misunderstood me :)

I don't particularly want a modular mansion, I was just wondering if it was a work around to making a house become a building that uses consumable products.  I know professions can be made to use consumables, both Discrepancy & Necora both do it - but, can a building be made to do it. 

You asked about what is the affect on game?  Well, it's something the modders have wanted for a while, a way to expand the building process, and whilst you may not see it having an affect now, where's the harm, if it can be done.
I'm not proposing (and I don't think anyone is), that a starter house be held to the same consumables, but certainly mid to end game buildings, good use them - good help broaden the game play options, and make things a little more interesting and balancing.

I am also not talking about CC, I love CC, I think it's great - what I'm talking about is independent of that, something that can be done in any building mod.  You make it sound like "what's the point", you've thought about it and dismissed it.  Ok, so that's that.

However, I happened to throw up an idea that caught my attention, and I wonder (not just as a player, but also someone interested in how the game dynamics work), can it be done - can what the modders have developed now, can it be used for something bigger ...  where's the harm in exploring?

So, no, it's not about building mcmansions and adding a balloon of professions, it's about whether or not Necora's fish & Discrepancy's baskets can make a building :)

@embx61 definitely trade is valuable :)  And most end of chain products will only ever be traded out, which is a shame really, I wish there was more that could be done, but the platform is so limited!  Bah.  :)

brads3

i sorry that you took it that way ,QUERY. i would rather use items that we are making instead of just trading them away.i tried for a few days to throw ideas back about the time the community icon was created.figured with modders busy adding the icon to mods,it was a good time to brainstorm. there are ways but none that made sence or were practical. my hope is a modder might yet find a way to crack the code on this. or maybe LUKE can give us advice.
   what you described though would be a mansion in a sence.if you do it from a profesional job position then you would have servants.or the wife does the using up the furniture,etc part and just the guy works outside the house. the way you describe it now to do it for houses just late game,is different. you could link the goods to the firewood use. say the house needs 50 firewood,allow it to take 30 firewood and the other 20 as household goods. i'm not a modder but the problem might be that a house can't tell fireewood from households or be made to.a vendor can be set to a % or this and a % of that. i am assuming a house can be.otherwise a house might use all firewood and another might burn furniture. you would have to force the house to use both firewood and another item.
     i don't think we can get the bannies to eat 5 food types.nor do we want to replace what they eat.firewood is the only other thing houses use. RED and i discussed a few ideas. again none were practical enough to work.
   i do agree with you if there is a way to use the items it would help the game. i hate just making things to trade away.you need a variety of things to build houses and buildings. but the bannies themself don't get to improve their own lifestyles.i do wish we could make the happiness more a part of the game.to me that would make more sence to the bannies. to work hard but have a reward or to improve life along the way. just to survive or trade it away doesn't sound fair.

embx61

Yeah @QueryEverything

I try and thin a lot about raw materials and how to make the most out of them but in the end most end up for Trade.

Same with Food chains.

The problem is that there is no development system like the clothing for the Bannies regarding Food in the code (As long as they have a variety like Vegetable, Fruit, Grain and Protein). They are just as happy to eat value 1 raw grain like Corn (If made Edible, and not grain only) as eating a value 3 Edible Grain Pie from the bakery.

But Trade is part of the game and all the chains, even when lots of end products end up trade only, add so much to the game.

If Luke expand the Building Requirements up to 6 some more chains will make more sense.
I plan to make Linseed Oil into Paint so it can be used as a building Material. Linseed Oil can also be used by wood statue carvers. I learned this from a wood carver who was working on the Batavia VOC ship in Lelystad, the Netherlands.

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on April 30, 2017, 11:01:51 PM
Yeah @QueryEverything

I try and thin a lot about raw materials and how to make the most out of them but in the end most end up for Trade.

Same with Food chains.

The problem is that there is no development system like the clothing for the Bannies regarding Food in the code (As long as they have a variety like Vegetable, Fruit, Grain and Protein). They are just as happy to eat value 1 raw grain like Corn (If made Edible, and not grain only) as eating a value 3 Edible Grain Pie from the bakery.

But Trade is part of the game and all the chains, even when lots of end products end up trade only, add so much to the game.

If Luke expand the Building Requirements up to 6 some more chains will make more sense.
I plan to make Linseed Oil into Paint so it can be used as a building Material. Linseed Oil can also be used by wood statue carvers. I learned this from a wood carver who was working on the Batavia VOC ship in Lelystad, the Netherlands.

Oh wow, that's a neat idea @embx61  :)  Also some artists I know used it as well, going back 20 odd years, but they used it with their oil colours :)
Maybe one day we can also get an artist colony design happening :)  With art studios, and studio housing, paintings and sculptures, collages, beautiful things :)  And the pottery buildings produce delicate pieces, a large Artists school, covered in vines and bright artsy colours ....
Ahhhhh  to dream in colour eh?  ;)