News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

King Of The Mountain

Started by Trizeropz, March 21, 2015, 12:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

You all probably know the achievement 'mountain man'. i did it last week and going lots over the actual target. which gave me the idea to to a challenge about it. the most occupants you can! no matter how long you can hold these. just the moment with the most occupants count
i would subdivide it like this:

1. Classic:
Small Mountain Map
Any Seed
Fair
Easy
Disasters Off

2. Advanced:
Small Mountain Map
Any Seed
Harsh
Hard
Disasters On

3. Extreme:
Small Mountain Map
Any Seed
Harsh
Hard
No Trading Post
No Herbalist
Disasters On

4. Mod-User
Small Mountain Map
Any Seed
Mild/Fair/Harsh
Easy/Medium/Hard
Any Mod (nothing with bigger maps or similar)

What do you think about it? Any suggestions about changes? I hope there was no similar challenge like this before:D

Nilla

There was a challenge called "Valley of Death" once it was on a small map but I don't think it was on a mountain map.

I like to build on small maps, as extreme as possible, but I will not start a a bigger game until I've finished my fast game. But after that I'm in.

Bobbi

I didn't know you could turn disease off? Disasters, do you mean? They still get disease even with disasters off. I never play with disasters on, my main enjoyment is building a pretty (and reasonably functional) town, so having a fire or tornado rip up my town is not my idea of a good time. This does sound like a challenge I could try, once we get the parameters straight.

Trizeropz

ops. i mean disasters. sorry:D corrected this

Bobbi

I will try it, but have not decided on with mod/without mod. Have not played an un-modded game in eons. Your middle (number 2) parameters are too frightening for me. Hard start and no trading means they never have more than three food groups, and no herbalist? Shiver.

Trizeropz

Okay, what if there is a medium difficult?

2. Advanced:
Small Mountain Map
Any Seed
Harsh
Hard
Disasters On

4 categories with each 1 winner. I would take a term of 2 weeks so it would end 05.04.15,  0:00

Nilla

I have started a game with the conditions 2.

You may see the start at the 100 challenge. Who knows, maybe there is no King Of The Mountain but a Queen.  ;D ;)

I'll do my best.

Nilla

As I said, I played this challenge. This is my kind of game! I like the extreme! This was pretty extreme! The map is absolutely full, no buildable space left anywhere.

I went on to play my 100 educated game. You can see the start at that challenge. First it was a mixture of trade and farming, and a small green lung, with forests in the middle of the map. But as the population grew, it became a 95%-trade community. (I did squeeze in a couple of fisher, that was all the food production at the end). Yes, OK the trading and the micromanagement of the trade, is not very funny, but there is not room for so many tradingports at a small mountain map, so it wasn't too bad.

The biggest screenshot I have is with 1474 inhabitants, that was after I took a big bunch of nomads. And I can tell you; the settlement survived! I played it another ten years or so. The food was pretty low from time to time but no one starved and as the population sank, the problems was solved. I played a little bit with nomads and the bad located hospital, I wrote about in another thread. That idea work! http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=836.0

I really recommend you all to try this challenge. It is really interesting to go for the limits of a map. Many people speak a bit contemptuously about trade, but in a game like this, on the limits; it's not so easy to micromanage.

Trizeropz

Wuuut? i didnt know its possible to get over 1000:00
i unfortunately didnt have time to do it. no i became ill and have time to go on with my 4k village:)
im doing king of the mountain later.
it would be interesting if someone would do condition 3 with me and the same seed and look who can do better and wich fail each will made:D

Nilla

I have thougt a little bit about doing that one too. No 1000 peeps there I´m afraid. If you like to try it, tell me, and we start a game.

Nilla

I think you are busy with your BIG settlement @Trizeropz and I suppose you have no time for this experiment, but I started a game yesterday, haven't played for a week or two and thought this could be a nice little "restart".

If anyone like to join me by this game I'll blog my efforts: The name of the settlement is Eglingoldfort.

Trizeropz

i´ve holidays whole next week. will have enough time to do both. do we want to play the same seed? do you want do choose a map? same conditions? i would really want to do this with you:)

chillzz

looks like a nice challenge. will try to do this one this weekend, maybe start of next week when i've got some (spare) time.

Quote from: Trizeropz on April 08, 2015, 06:29:15 AM
do we want to play the same seed? do you want do choose a map? same conditions?

That would certainly would show the differences between playing styles, planning and such..
i'm all for it : Seed 123 for me. would be fun to see the results
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Nilla

Should I wait for you guys, so that we all play together?

Trizeropz

that would be nice. i will play to year 7 like you and post my screenshots. if chillz want to play with us and he is at year 7 too we can go on