News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Workers just carrying goods around?

Started by WaKitty, April 03, 2020, 10:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaKitty

So what I'm having happen is workers for certain buildings will just carry needed resources back and forth continuously between their workplace and a stockpile, rather than actually doing anything with it.  So far the buildings affected are the bundling shed (lumber) and the glassworks (sand).  Workers will pick up the material at the stockpile, walk to their workplace, walk back to the stockpile, and drop it off.  They'll repeat this process until they get hungry, go eat, and then come back and do it again.  So far those are the only two resources I've seen affected.  Brickworks seems to work ok but I'm using RK's version - will have to check if the CC version works or not.

I have a ton of mods running (Megamod, RK's editor's choice, and a fairly large selection of both Kidd and DS mods) so it could be an issue somewhere in there.  But I'm not really sure where to start here.

Nilla

This is a typical incompatibility between mods. I don´t know, which or how but it might help to change the order of the mods. @brads3 is an expert on this field and may help you more precise. I avoid mixing major mods so I have little experience.

brads3

7this can be caused by a couple issues.  which version mods are you using and which version of banished do you have?  with the 1.07 banished, many items were switched to new flags. an item flagged in 1 mod the old way won't work in a new processor. and vise versa. same with an old stockpile won't store new flagged items either.

1> check your mod order. in general you want to use 1.07 mods.  you'll need to go thru this http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1790.0

2> CC did make 2 compatability mods. you want to find the compatability 1.07 mod. this can bridge 1.06 and 1.07 mods.with this a brick from a RK mod can be used with a CC, even with different flags.

3> there are ways to use 1.06 mods. houses,wood cutters,some storage and market mods   are not affected by the 1.07 changes. they actually can be useful since they ignore the new flags. if you use a chain mod that processes goods, you want to contiue the chain from the same mod. so if you happen to have an old CC version or the older NMT,you would build all the processors from that mod and not cross them.

example an older CC version needs building supplies for construction. to make this you would need to build several CC buildings to produce the build material. if you tried to switch somewhere to an RK building,you broke the chain.   that really is a bad example because the compatability1.07 should bridge it with those 2 mods. there are others that may not bridge however.plus this saves you having to reset the mod order and start the map over.

not all items are the same from mod to mod. maple sap is the name used by a few mods. comes from maple trees. yet the sap is coded differently inside the mods. flax is another 1 that is that way. there are many mods that have flax but they will not interchange. the mod that made these items must be the same mod that processes it. you'll even see several flax or sap icons listed in the TH inventory. sugar and salt are also different in some mods.

as with anything,there are exceptions. i actually use several 1.06 mods. some of these have to be adjusted in mod order above 1.07 base mods to change the flags to the old way. not every mod was upgraded to the 1.07 flags.a 1.06 market or barn doesn't store new flagged items. so will use the space to store more of needed items<food ,tools,clothing,herbs, etc>.

WaKitty

@brads3 thanks.  I know I had to monkey with the mods in order to get some of RK's stuff to not just crash the game.

Version is 1.0.7 build 170910.  Does anyone have a current link to the 1.0.7 CC compatibility mod?  All the links go to black liquid software and I can't find anything on their forums anymore.  I'm using MegaMod and not standalone CC if that matters.  So far trying to rearrange mods I've mostly managed to crash the game.

Goblin Girl

I just looked at every mod over at Blackliquid and you're right, there's no compatibility mod available any longer.

Megamod mostly takes care of it, but I've found there are some problems with markets.  Specifically, if a market says it only takes edible food, then if the vendor picks up a cart of inedible food (flour, for example) they may get stuck in a loop.  For this reason, I avoid markets that only accept edible food.

brads3

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=596

try this. someone please check to see if this works with inedible foods and post that info to the mod download page. thank you

Goblin Girl

I had a bannie carrying a stack of firewood back and forth from the stockpile to his house and back.  I noticed it because he was supposed to be working at the trading post, and yet it wasn't getting filled up.  Turns out I had him in one of those tiny tents, and it doesn't have much storage capacity.  He had filled it up with food and there was no room for the fuel.  I set the tent to demolish, and once it was empty I let him move back in.  Problem solved.