News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Paper production.

Started by Jafar_the_Barmecide, April 16, 2017, 01:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jafar_the_Barmecide

Hello, this is my first post. I did do a quick search before suggesting this so I am really sorry if it has been suggested before and I didn't find it. The books are a brilliant idea and I set up a monastery early to trade them. But I thought it might be fun to have a pulp mill for paper and a recipe for it that iincludes hemp or logs. Then the recipe for books can be paper and leather. Ink too if we want to go further down the rabbit hole (maybe from woad? or charcoal and animal fat)

What do you think?

kid1293

Good idea since the monastery is a little bit overpowered.
More of RedKetchup's buildings is not a bad idea either. :)

Paper is a very important discovery (together with plastic   >:( )
so it should have a place in town development.
If we ever get 'buildings needing resources' there should be
paper used in school, town hall...

Jafar_the_Barmecide

Of course tallow is animal fat so ink might be charcoal +tallow or woad, but I figure Red Ketchup is up for woad because of the druid stuff.

Jafar_the_Barmecide

It is a bit OP isn't it, not that I'm complaining, I love selling my books

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jafar_the_Barmecide on April 16, 2017, 01:36:38 PM
Of course tallow is animal fat so it would be charcoal +tallow or woad, but I figure Red Ketchup is up for woad because of the druid stuff.

when i set the book production back in time , i did want to set a full paper / ink chains to make the building do their job. instead i gave them the basic resource and it was at them (included in the book process) to do all the process to make paper with the logs, make the ink with the coal, make the cover with the leather.
i really didnt want to make a building which would take the logs and make wood pulp, and then make paper with the pulp... neither wanted to make a new building which would have taken the coal, mixed with some liquid like water or fat and do inks with it.... neither i wanted another building to take the leather and wood and make book covers with it.

this is why i gave them leather+ wood(logs) + coal and asked them to make book (and gave them the freewill) to find a way to include all the paper/ink process included ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jafar_the_Barmecide on April 16, 2017, 01:50:03 PM
It is a bit OP isn't it, not that I'm complaining, I love selling my books

was i know they worth 500 each. it was a good income for buying what you did want. but i ve put a limit to it : allowed only 1 building done per game.
and not allow to have 24 of them in a map. that would have been OP

RedKetchup

but if someone want to take that charge ..... go ahead :)

Jafar_the_Barmecide

Thanks for the response RedKetchup, I am happy with what you've done, it is all great. All the modders have made this game very rich and rewarding, there's no way I can revert to vanilla now!

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jafar_the_Barmecide on April 17, 2017, 10:02:28 AM
Thanks for the response RedKetchup, I am happy with what you've done, it is all great. All the modders have made this game very rich and rewarding, there's no way I can revert to vanilla now!

but for sure now in 2017 ... someone can expand this magnificient chain that paper is :)
i just dont have time presently, personally, to take care of it, today ^^

maybe later.....
maybe someone else.....

i am maybe most experimented, but less talented of all moddlers here :)

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 17, 2017, 11:01:15 AM

i am maybe most experimented, but less talented of all moddlers here :)
Objection! ;)

kid1293

RedKetchup

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

QuoteI am maybe most experimented, but less talented of all moddlers here :)

Nah, what a kind of talk is that buddy?

I ( And I am sure others) learned so much from you and still do.

Sure one modder is maybe "better" making plants and trees and others are better at creating buildings. Some are magicians in the coding part and so on.
But all together we made Banished at part for what it is today.

There are so many things I still have to learn and/or master in the mod kit and 3ds Max.

Bottom lime is that Luke can be proud at his creation but I am sure he is proud of the modding community as well as the mods have made Banished an even better experience for players then vanilla.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]