News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

FIGS, FIGS, I'VE LOST ME FIGS!

Started by adelegarland, June 07, 2017, 10:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

do you guys have the new textures for the crop and orchard that has been implemented at some point... i think was in CC ...
the crop is kinda brown...

i would like to get those
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

do you mean like this? its the seasonFX mod that gives me the field textures.

embx61

I just made quick a little Fruit trees override mod.

It is in the download section.

3 different pkm's  1 for 20 years, 1 for 100 years and 1 for ever living.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 10, 2017, 12:39:29 PMa little Fruit trees override mod

Very good, thank you  :)

Generally speaking, I feel that such overrides are a really good thing for small or very specific changes...

Kralyerg made good use of them, too - don't want Ducks? have an override... prefer the old market texture? here... original music? okay... don't want dirty meat? no sweat... and so on.

Usually just tiny files, easily installed (or ignored, without consequences) - got plenty of those, and love them...   ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Your welcome @Paeng :)

I always played with the fruit trees ever living in my personalized mods but never thought about it to make a little override mod for it to share.

twilightbreeze

But will it affect non-vanilla orchards, such as figs? Cause I already have Longer Living Orchards, goes about 20yrs, and it only affects vanilla orchards.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

embx61

I only affect the fig example from Luke besides the Vanilla ones as I have the files for all those trees.

If other mods have fruit trees they will not be affected because I don't have their files to change.

taniu

@ embx61. Very good, thank you the Figs :).I have a request to either "Unified Mod" and "Oil Press" mod can be added - Vegetable oil very please need it to a small bakery. I added the "Bakery Plus" mod and works great without CC. I can not take Donut's position - [Flour + Vegatable oil] because there is no such oil in other mods.
Vegetable oil is very useful for the future. Apricot is not available, but I do not know if you can help me? I do not know who has the code of fruit trees
Please ! :)

embx61

I can do add vegetable oil. Give me a couple of days.

Apricot I don't know of, I think it is a CC crop or maybe grows in a greenhouse?

The code of the other fruit trees are in the hands of those who created the mods. You can try to ask kralyerg to make the CC fruit trees ever lasting, or 20 years or whatever you want.

It is not hard work but a bit tedious if you have to do a whole bunch of them.

taniu

@ embx61 :)You are a great guy. I am very happy - I will wait patiently. I did not know you had the talent for modeling fruit trees or vegetable - plants. I second I'm a regular gamer and I do not have the courage to ask @ Kralyerg about these apricots because I can think that I play with other mods and not CC but that's not true I love all mods with CC and MegaMod. I know that creating a plants is very boring but I like when the plants grow in the field because in the greenhouse they do not see them but you decide.
I like experimenting with different mods, I even have "Llama" without CC :)

embx61

Sorry, I am not so good with trees and crops. I made only 1 so far and that was a cheap paid for mesh. (Sunflower)

kralyerg don't mind that you play with other mods besides CC.

It is no secret and I mentioned it quite a few times that while I like the effort and awesome work BL did with CC it is just too big for me personally.
The BL crew don't mind and understand it is not for everyone. Some cannot even play CC because of the work load on their older PC.

We are all in the same boat modding wise and every mod, big or small, adds something to Banished. Some prefer huge one PKM mods and others rather mix and max by adding several smaller mods to their liking. There is no right or wrong.
It all comes down what the creators have in mind when making mods.

Even when it takes a bit more work I decided to make smaller sets and besides that 1 big Unified mod and so I can cover more players likings.

It all comes down if kralyerg want to take the time to lift it out of CC and recompile it as a little standalone mod.
He has done so with quite a few CC items so no harm in just asking him. It can maybe take a bit depending on how busy he is but he is a very nice guy.

By not asking you have a No for sure, but by asking him through a PM the No can become a Yes :)

taniu

@embx61Thank you for your answer . Quote  @ Ketchup "for the apricot, just copy the peach tree and call it apricot
for kralyerg, nobody saw him since april" You are right. They are so fantastic mods that it's hard to give up.
Can you just change the name from peach to apricot? Will they grow Apricot? You will help me, because I'm an older person and I can not change the simplest commands in the game, but I can count on you. Please . There is a smallBakery - Fruit Cake [Flour + Apricot]
Or maybe there is a person in this forum who knows about different plant models and can type commands into the game. I'd be happy. @ EmbX61 you are a very wise person, as he does not come out, will also be Ok :) Cheers

RedKetchup

gimme some hours.... working on something presently :)
i ll do an Apricot mod for you. but i cannot go change the small bakery though
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .