News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Styth Tower - v2.2 (updated 15 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, December 01, 2016, 06:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Styth Tower

Download Here.

version 2.2 - requires latest Banished 1.0.7

v2.2_15122017 -- updated to new DS toolbar, removed 'Trade Slip 100', added NewLimit files, added new resources: Lumber, Gold, Silver, Gems, updated models and textures + AO.

"Styth Tower, You can now build a second tower - New Styth Tower, this watchtower is slightly better at retrieving goods from bandits than the original."

-- Styth Tower, the original Styth watchtower that generates a small random number of items for the town (Alcohol,Tools,Clothing,Food,Etc) by ridding the area of bandits, the town recieves the spoils. employs 1-2 Village Guards. You can only build 1 Styth Tower on a map.
-- New Styth Tower, a new update Styth Tower, slightly larger in size, this watchtower generates a better number of random items for the town (Alcohol,Tools,Clothing,Food,Etc+bonus resource) by ridding the area of bandits, the town recieves the spoils. employs 2-3 Village Guards. You can only build 1 New Styth Tower on a map.

Styth Tower, a village Watchtower that generates a small random number of items for the town
(Alcohol,Tools,Clothing,Food,Etc) by ridding the area of bandits.
Employs 1-2 Village Guards (NEW Profession added).
You can only build 1 Styth Tower on a map.

Download Here.

Stringtable download for translation modding : DSStythTowerStringTable.rsc

Abandoned

Wow, @Discrepancy, that is one nice looking tower.  What a great gift, thank you so much, and random items, the gift that keeps on giving.  You know that now we are going to pester you for the rest of the set.  I hope there will be more of these same towers, maybe one for storage and one for housing, several up and down the river would look really cool. And how about ...   ok ok  I'll stop.  Thank you.

Tom Sawyer

I was curious about what you need the 12 items production box. It's a funny idea. But I wonder who the bandits are in this case. Steal the other people's things ... ;D

The tower looks great and people walk on top of it. That's cool. It seems to have a happiness radius. And I have no idea what "Styth" means.

elemental

I read the text on the picture. The tower, when guarded will generate a small random number of items. Wot? They're mugging squirrels? And then I read the rest of it. They're mugging muggers! Good stuff! Sadly it all went downhill when Hell and Demon were assigned to guard duty and started throwing chickens at random passers-by.

I love the model. But what is the radius for? And where have I seen that roof texture before?

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

brads3

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 02, 2016, 12:24:08 PM
I was curious about what you need the 12 items production box. It's a funny idea. But I wonder who the bandits are in this case. Steal the other people's things ... ;D

The tower looks great and people walk on top of it. That's cool. It seems to have a happiness radius. And I have no idea what "Styth" means.

must be "Styth" means steal,rob, or cheat.

Jonarus_Drakus

You planning something like a 15/16th century caribean 'costal fort' set or something? That would be SO cool! If you need a hand with 'basic versions' of any structures (that you can simply 'finish' - speeding things up), go ahead and let me know I could use the practice ((Would 3DsMax or Blender models be better?))

~JD

Discrepancy

:)

Styth is just a name I made up... you can create any kind of backstory for the tower that you'd like :)

the Radius is a Happiness radius in Safety. But like noted in previous topics in this forum, it probably doesn't do much, if anything.
But you can pretend it does, and that the Guards are really catching bandits ;) the spoils of crime go back to the village.

I suppose we could also pretend it is Big Brother / The Eye In The Sky watching over the village like hawks, knowing when that farmer pockets a few potatoes instead of putting them in the barn, or when the Tailor makes an extra coat for themselves. The guards see everything.

I'm not sure where you have seen the roof texture elemental? something in CC? or is it the North?, I think I got the texture from sketchuptextureclub.com (thanks Tom Sawyer for finding this site, lots of good textures)

Yes, this mod is a precursor to a sort of fort set, more towers similar to this, all slightly different models, with different uses. I've started a few of these, as well as some wall pieces, most of the code is almost done though. It is still a long way off, and I'm not going to hurry into this one. I have plenty of other things to do first.

but, Jonarus_Drakus, if you would like to have a go at making 3d models, I would be more than happy to help. Either program is fine, whatever you are comfortable using. I use blender, but I can import most file types. A suggestion: start by investigating styles, this is something I need to do more, too often it comes straight out of my head, and never looks the same as it did in my mind.

reported bugs/issues with v1:
- Resource Limit spinners in UI box are not operating correctly (thanks Paeng).
- Citizens need a visible stairwell at the top of the tower (currently they are going straight through a wooden plank floor)

TheOtherMicheal

One thing I noticed with the Styth Tower, it has a list of production limits for all the items it can produce however the list for Tools appears to be linked to Herbs.
If I increased the Tool production limit using the Tower, none of the limits on blacksmiths changed.
If I increased the Herbs limit using the Tower, then the Tool limit on the Tower changed as well (the numbers were identical)

Now I don't know if this is actually a bug or if it's a conflict with other mods. I have CC, NMT, DSSV 2, Forest Outpost and others all loaded before Styth Tower in my mods list so I'm wondering if one of them is causing the Tower to glitch?

Discrepancy

Nope that is a know bug on my end, it will be fixed soon :) thanks.

TheOtherMicheal

Ah ha. No worries then mate!  ;D

Discrepancy

Updated to version 2
"Styth Tower v2, You can now build a second tower - New Styth Tower, this watchtower is slightly better at retrieving goods from bandits than the original."

-- Styth Tower, the originsl Styth watchtower that generates a small random number of items for the town (Alcohol,Tools,Clothing,Food,Etc) by ridding the area of bandits, the town recieves the spoils. employs 1-2 Village Guards. You can only build 1 Styth Tower on a map.

-- New Styth Tower, a new update Styth Tower, slightly larger in size, this watchtower generates a better number of random items for the town (Alcohol,Tools,Clothing,Food,Etc+bonus resource) by ridding the area of bandits, the town recieves the spoils. employs 2-3 Village Guards. You can only build 1 New Styth Tower on a map.

also the towers now have a stairwell/ladder.

Discrepancy

Updated to version 2.1

compiled with Banished 106 -- 03-February-2017
- Minor changes to UI – production dialog box length (12 lines) no longer affects all other buildings.

Abandoned

Thanks, will look forward to matching pieces someday when all other updates are complete.  :)

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]