News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Complete : MOD : Small Chapel v 2.0 - RedKetchup

Started by RedKetchup, September 26, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

How big (x by y) is the church? 100 would be nice if it fits in terms of size and materials, as it's a bit easier for quick math than 80. Looks really nice too. How do you find time for all this? Seriously impressive work you're doing!

RedKetchup

5x7 , unfortunatly i already seted it up of 80 citizens which seemed people asked. i am presently updating my post cause it s ready to be release already :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Complete : MOD : Small Chapel v 1.0 - RedKetchup available NOW ! :)

Enjoy !

Pangaea

I meant the size of the default church. If this one is roughly half of the default one, then it would be okay with 100 people.

RedKetchup

the default big Church is

int _width = 8;
   int _height = 12;

mats are :

ComponentDescription _rawMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialWood.rsc";
         int _count = 50;
         ComponentDescription _rawMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialStone.rsc";
         int _count = 130;
         ComponentDescription _rawMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialIron.rsc";
         int _count = 30;

it is specially about mats that cost alot less (saving 2 wood 106 stone and 18 iron)

RedKetchup

Pangaea

Cheers. Since the original is so huge, then 100 would be too much. Good work again :D

Paeng

Wow, that was fast...  ;D

Cool item, 80 suits me fine, too... Thanks a lot!
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

@RedKetchup, you may have inadvertently introduced denominations to Banished! I've built several of the Small Chapel--I like them a lot--and it seems that even if there are empty chapel seats in the settlement, once they hit 80 people they show the "full up to quota" marker and the people won't move to a near-by chapel with space. Normally the chapel system is that the "full" symbol only comes on if your total chapel capacity in the whole settlement is less than the total population. People who join the Small Chapel seem to stay put until they die. Then someone else fills the slot and the "full" symbol comes back on. I don't know. Maybe in your modding you some how created a Fundamentalist sect that hates ecumenism? But what do I know. I'm just a theologian and you're the modder.  ;D

I've attached a picture so you can see what I mean.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Nah, let 'em fight it out; sectarian conflict!  ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 29, 2014, 04:32:45 PM
oh god, i guess i need to fix that ?

Well, I wouldn't want to blame god for the invention of denominations. As for the Small Chapel, it may be fixable if the "behavior" isn't hard-coded beyond reach. It isn't a crisis or anything and doesn't seem to affect game play, so you can make it a lower priority. Have you found the mechanism that makes the "filled up to quota" icon come on? It always seems to be based on global totals so, e.g., you never see one blacksmith or one field show it; they all do at once.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on September 29, 2014, 04:34:38 PM
Nah, let 'em fight it out; sectarian conflict!  ;)

The crazy thing, @irrelevant, is that there are experts in an esoteric field known as Church Growth who would seriously agree with you. I guess the theory is a capitalism of religion.  :(

Personal opinion, of course, and only to be taken seriously if you want to.

irrelevant

Personally I feel that sectarian conflict is the most pointless and foolish conflict of all (and they all are pointless and foolish).

"You mock my religion of peace? I kill you!!"

slink

That's because it isn't about religion at all.  It's about land or food or women or something else that makes a lousy battle cry.  Can you imagine "Forward in the name of more nooky!"?  Okay, maybe in a fraternity, but national, or tribal, dignity is too stiff to use that sort of rallying cry.  Actually, it was probably the rallying cry of the Vikings and look where it got them.  They are extinct, except for having contributed their blood to every nations.  Okay, so they are not so extinct, but it's still not acceptable these days to conquer your neighbor for his women.