News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Surviving mars

Started by avdpos, March 12, 2018, 03:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avdpos

I have begun to look at (and preordered) Surviving Mars.
From the posts about it I get some sort of banished-feeling, even if it of course is on Mars and not old times on earth.

Made by the same developer that have made the two latest Tropico games (not this years), and is published by paradox who also have poublished Cities Skylines that is a really mod-friendly citybuilder.

I can already see I miss the food-diversity in Banished, so I wonder if it will be "to easy" to make the marsians happy. But I hope more food-diversity a´la banished and complex industrychains a´la CC get added in by the developers or be allowed to be developed by mods.

Have you other banished-people any good thoughts about the game?

And in no way the purpose of this post, but if four of you like - follow the link and give me a couple of referee-skins for some things in the game:
www.survivinmars.com/invites/Q7JcFE

If you like to look but don´t follow the refereelink, you obviously take away the last part =)

Hawk

You left out the g in your link. It should be survivingmars, not survivinmars.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

avdpos

:D

Fixed.
Shows at least that I´m here to toalk about it and not justpost links to other places  :P

Have you looked at it?
Any thoughts compared to banished?

Hawk

I can't play it on my computer so I don't really have any interest in it. Plus it appears it's only going to be available on Steam, or require Steam registration, and I don't use Steam.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

kid1293

Hawk

Quote from: kid1293 on March 12, 2018, 11:41:19 AM
It's up on GoG too.

So it is. I stand corrected.  :-X Oh well, I still can't run it on my rig.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

avdpos

As it´s a game that will grow by time - the publisher always do so, you may have the chance to see  how things devlope Hawk.
If it´s a good game you may pick it up the day you upgrade - if it´s not you didn´t miss a thing.
After all you need to have some love for the "not newest" game to still hang around a banished forum and play it  :D

RedKetchup

i think 1 of the modder should convert Banished to Surviving Mars :)

put a red ground texture. dont put any trees out there. put 1 Atmospher Terraformer on the ground at start to give Oxygen and with a text saying a Ice Pole Furnace has been built at north pole to smelt ice and get water... and say we now have a river going ON on the surface of this planet.

Citizens can make all the other terraforming process and get trees and life going ON on this planet mars ... :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Quote from: avdpos on March 12, 2018, 02:27:40 PM
If it´s a good game you may pick it up the day you upgrade

The day I upgrade?  :o That's not going to happen. I need a motherboard, processor, vid card, power supply, and RAM. I'll never see that kind of money to spare again in my life. Not at 66 years old and living on Social Security, which just barely covers the bills.  :(

Quote from: avdpos on March 12, 2018, 02:27:40 PM
After all you need to have some love for the "not newest" game to still hang around a banished forum and play it  :D

Yes I do like the older games. It seems to me that game developers today spend so much time on eye candy that game play kind of takes a back seat.
There's been a few games I like that when the newest version came out it didn't play near as good as earlier versions, so I stuck to the older versions.
I'm just funny like that.  ;D

I might check out some videos on Surviving Mars though, just out of curiosity.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]