News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Added mods don't save?

Started by Pangaea, September 24, 2014, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Loaded my regular save today to continue it, and was met with the howling wind again. Checked out the Mods page, and both No Wind and Longer Living Orchards had been de-selected. The game wasn't started with these active, but I activated them yesterday, and have saved several times with them active. Does this not stick for some reason? I'll be incredibly disappointed if all the orchards start dying on me again :(

A Nonny Moose

Sounds like an "undocumented feature".  Is this in the bugs list?
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

slink

I have found that mods appear not to have saved if I have updated the mod.  I am not certain how the game decides what is an update.

Pangaea

I played that save many years yesterday and it was fine in the end, but that was after enabling the mods again and the game reloading. But I did notice one little quirk. After reloading the game with the mods enabled, I could go into the Mods page and they were highlighted as active, but if I just clicked Cancel and went back to the Mods page again, they appeared to be unselected. I think that was just a visual thing as they were selected again if I did the exact same but clicked on Ok. However, I took no chances when playing the serious town, so I made sure they 'looked' enabled so reloaded once again.

Both the 1.0.4 and the ModKit is beta, though, so could be this is an "undocumented feature" and the game doesn't handle saving newly added mods quite right. The orchards I replanted have lived for at least 10 yeasr now, so the mod is at least in effect, and that's the main thing.