News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

OH a new toolkit version ! Workshop beta !

Started by RedKetchup, September 26, 2014, 01:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Well, so far I seem to have encountered a new situation.  I won't call it a bug, because I probably failed to RTFM for the changes, but I can't load any mods in the toolkit version of the game.  It says loading mods has been disabled.  My task queue has been filled to overflowing with playing my mod village, seeking roof tiles, baking bread, making breakfast, cleaning the cat litter boxes, doing my daily walking, and ... breathing.   ;D

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

and now ??
What changes ??
what do I do with all .pkm downloaded from various forums ???
and those who already have and do not present in the workshop ??
those of the workshop are absolutely NON-beta version what so ever crash the game?
those of the worshop work on saved games?
and if a mod is updated what will become of saved games with the old version ??
those that drain the workshop I overwrite on those who already have ??
god! what a mess !!  :o :o
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

mostly they still continue to work fine. it is the opposite that happening, if you take a version of a mod made with the new build, you will crash if you didnt upgraded your version.

assobanana76

but what happens e.g. If I subscribe to your decorative items and in my windata I already have a decorativeitems.pkm?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 29, 2014, 02:42:53 AM
probably replacing it
and if one day you decide to upgrade what would become of what I have created with the old version?

assobanana76

how is it possible that anyone on the workshop can load mods others ???
so it's a mess and there are likely duplication or triplication !!

if I "subscribe" a mod then it means that Steam keeps me updated it automatically?

rkelly17

Based on my experience with Civ 5 mods on Steam, it offers you the option of upgrading when a new version of a mod to which you are subscribed is posted. You can also--if you know where to put them--download mods from other web sites and use them. This is true even if the same mods are available on Steam. That is good because the Steam workshop does not always update properly and sometimes doing your own download is the only thing that works. I do it both ways and I've not had problems. I also access the other sites because the discussion of mods and information from the modder is better and at a higher level on the other sites. As I've said before, Steam is OK by me, the workshop is convenient, but the forums are not worth wasting time on. The support website is up and down in terms of helpfulness.

So: My guess is that the situation will be analogous for Banished.

assobanana76

ok .. in fact hypothesized to have to stay tuned on various forums ..
e.g. I do not think that mill / baker will be loaded on Steam!
and how this mod also many others who already have ..
now .. I subscribed mod that I already have in .pkm in Windata and hopefully replace the file without problems, keeping me updated, and being able to work on saved games !!
e.g. the decorative pack of Red I do not think, from the description, contain the greenhouse as the .pkm instead of banishedinfo ..

assobanana76

p.s. I must say that I am not too bad with Steam.
I must admit that my most recent gaming experience, before Banished, dated from the Playstation 1 !!  ;D ;D
and almost by accident I discovered Steam while chasing Metal Slug around various sites m.a.m.e..  :-X
Steam so I have to thank for introducing me to this gem .. and in general the city builder games!
in fact I have since bought other titles and never played because I can not tear myself away from Banished !!
now and then with the mod ... !!  ;D ;D