News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Need Suggestions

Started by rejectedegg, December 12, 2016, 01:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rejectedegg

I just came across this wonderful site and immediately thought "That is what I want my town/map to look like!"

Now I just need to find the right mixture of mods and figure out what types of things we already have at our disposal that I can use to represent some of the homes, buildings, etc with.

I figure that it will require at least a Large map with the least amount of ponds/lakes as possible.

Even a map that has ponds/lakes that do not directly have the Traders' River running through them would work.

And since I normally have a bad experience with Large Maps , I know I have to stay as light as possible on the mods I use.

Suggestions are Welcomed :)

rejectedegg

I know I need the Magazine from CC... I just can't remember which version that first came out in   :(

And I am thinking the Colonial House mode since it has the different color homes in it , which could be great for the off white and yellow houses (and maybe others).

I need the White fences.  (found)

Red's Windmill would work perfectly  :)

I am thinking DS's bridges (the curved ones) would be perfect :)

The Red Brick Tunnel.

I need Red Brick Fencing.  Anyone know of anyone who has made that?

That is all I have been able to come up with thus far.

Would love some suggestions  :D ;)

kid1293

A really good suggestion is to follow Abandoned's stories in
Village Blogs
There you can see a lot of mods being used. She tells which she uses.

And start small. A good town doesn't have to be big.

Everyone has his/her way of building their own town.
You must find a balance which suits you.

rejectedegg

Quote from: kid1293 on December 12, 2016, 04:26:46 PM
A really good suggestion is to follow Abandoned's stories in
Village Blogs
There you can see a lot of mods being used. She tells which she uses.

And start small. A good town doesn't have to be big.

Everyone has his/her way of building their own town.
You must find a balance which suits you.

Thank You for replying  :)
I will check out those blogs you mentioned.

Do you by chance happen to know of any Red Brick buildings/homes that will fit those in the picture I supplied?
I also need Red Brick walls.

TheOtherMicheal

New Medieval Town allows you to change the appearance of buildings so that you can have a red brick finish... you need to have a brickyard/kiln (from New Medieval Town) making the bricks to enable the change however. They won't look too much like the buildings in the image you supplied but they might be close enough?

kid1293

Agree with TheOtherMicheal, try NMT.
Other buildings are mostly wood or plastered.

...plastered, what I feel now. 2:30, must sleep.

rejectedegg

Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on December 12, 2016, 05:22:14 PM
New Medieval Town allows you to change the appearance of buildings so that you can have a red brick finish... you need to have a brickyard/kiln (from New Medieval Town) making the bricks to enable the change however. They won't look too much like the buildings in the image you supplied but they might be close enough?

Close Enough is all I am after  :)
Thank you for the tip   :)

rejectedegg

Yo, @RedKetchup  where are you
pssst... over here
Think I could get some Red Brick Walls for this project?
Pretty Please  ;)

Nilla

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any red brick walls in Banished. As far as I remember, there are none in any of @RedKetchup´s mods and I recently played with the Mega Mod, that as far as I know contains more or less everything from the most productive modders and I didn't see any.

As far as I understand you will need the CC mod and NMT. That's two very large mods. So why not the Mega Mod? It contains both of these mod packs and very much other buildings you could use. I guess the MM is a bit bigger, than these two together but at least you will not have any conflicts and you will hardly need any other mods.

If you choose to use the mods separately, you might also find the Boston houses from Red Ketchup useful and the garden fences from @Tom Sawyer. I think they are a part of his Nordic houses.

I also agree with @kid1293 : you will not need a large map. Of cause you will need some production buildings "outside the picture" but if you choose a flat map a medium size map will be enough.