News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

I thought let me start a work in progress thread.

I am currently working on Production Set 2.

It will contain my older Oil Press, Apothecary, Winery buildings and the natural/rawmaterials.

I have the Glassworks done and almost finished the Shore Hut.

The Shore Hut will produce Clay and Sand.

Clay will be used if I ever make a pottery building. (Is on the to do list but not for Prod Set 2.)

Glassworks will use sand and coal to make Glass or Glassware.
The Glass can hopefully be used as construction material if Luke update the building materials up to 6.
Glassware will be used in the Apothecary to make some bottled Health stuff.

Was it Herbal Tea @QueryEverything ?

I know that some rather have the coal for the blacksmith so I am thinking of making another small building what can make charcoal out of logs. and then let the player decide to use coal or charcoal in the glassworks.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

oh no, not again.  Herb tea, hmmm.  @embx61 I guess you forgot about a smaller version of your beautiful church with stain glass windows and cross as we discussed in the Maps - good small map thread.  It doesn't matter.  Thank you for the separate sunflower mod and I'm sure @taniu liked the wood apothecary.

QueryEverything

Looking good @embx61 :)
I was thinking herbal tea for apothecary's and herbalists to grow / produce, for healing.  Maybe even with @kid1293 new Health Spa, a lovely little health retreat in the making there :)

Now, for you, if the tea helps you out as much as coffee does the other modders, then I'll put the kettle on.  My favourite at the moment is a Raspberry blend, or chai.  I can't stand the taste of tea normally, but those 2 I drink happily.  (As an aside, I married a Welshman who drinks tea, but prefers coffee when coding, blergh ;)  haha )
I also use the raspberry as a way to help with my pain, which is why I think a herbal tea in game as a health product is a must ;)  Learn from life, eh :)

I like that idea of the coal or charcoal, there are a couple of good mods currently that use both based from the CC item, so it would be lovely to have another building that will use them, make them more versatile, if you're basing the coal/charcoal off the CC one.  You don't have to, I don't mind another product in my list.  :D  Do as you need ;)

Night, and congrats on the new workbook thread ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 02, 2017, 06:52:54 AM
and congrats on the new workbook thread ;)

indeed !!!

looks awesome @embx61  !!!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 02, 2017, 07:19:24 AM
Quote from: QueryEverything on May 02, 2017, 06:52:54 AM
and congrats on the new workbook thread ;)

indeed !!!

looks awesome @embx61  !!!

Yes, definitely!

I've not gotten to play with your mods yet as I'm still on 1.0.6 but I'll be upgrading very soon and I can't wait to.  Your buildings are beautiful and your production sets look like lots of fun to play with.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

embx61

@Abandoned

oops I did forget. So busy with Production set 2 is my lame excuse.  :-[

But I promise to design a small church/chapel when Production Set 2 goes live and is the first I will do. :)

I need some Town Services buildings anyway as the big Church is the only building left separate if Prod Set 2 is done.

@RedKetchup, @Maldrick

@QueryEverything

I was thinking making Herbal Tea from water and Herbs (Open for suggestions) in the Apothecary. The Limit will be the HerbLimit and the flag Health so Bannies will pick them up and go to herbalist to get healing just as it works with the regular herbs.
I don't think I can put the Healing component in the Apothecary as it is now a production building instead of Herbalist. CC have some more healing stuff and maybe I add those as well as it uses seed oils, wine and glassware so the seed oil get some love. But if you have more ideas for healing products let me know and I see if I can add them in.

Natural resources added: Orchard Grape (Thanks to BL for the sources) Flax (thanks to tanypredator for allowing me to use her sources) and Sunflower.

RawMaterials added: Grape(BL), Flax (tany), Sand, Clay, Wine, Glass, Glassware, Healing Broth, Herbal tea, Linseed Oil, Seed Oil, Water, and Kernels(Sunflower)

So I have to design one more building to make charcoal from logs. I think a small building (3x3 or 3x4) will do here.
Any idea for the profession? Just a worker?

I am not a tea drinker. I cannot function without coffee. Fist thing I do when I get up is grab a cigarette and coffee :)

Abandoned

@embx61 as I said, it doesn't matter.  This has happened so many time, my requests get overlooked, turned down then made for someone else, made for me then changed for someone else .. etc.  Now with new flags and combos I won't be able to use it anyways because I've pretty much had it and am probably not going to waste a lot of time upgrading and redownloading and rearranging for more of the same. So, Whatever.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on May 02, 2017, 10:37:25 AM
@embx61 as I said, it doesn't matter.  This has happened so many time, my requests get overlooked, turned down then made for someone else, made for me then changed for someone else .. etc.  Now with new flags and combos I won't be able to use it anyways because I've pretty much had it and am probably not going to waste a lot of time upgrading and redownloading and rearranging for more of the same. So, Whatever.

i am so sorry to hear @Abandoned  :(

however often it is about timing :) and also the feeling the moddler has for it (feel it or not)
i hope your requests will be more often answered in your future :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

Don't give up @Abandoned . I've only updated to 1.0.7. yesterday. I was just as doubtfull about the community toolbar and 1.0.7. as you are right now. But I must say that a new world has opened before my eyes. Sure I had to abandon some small mods but the input of new ones will keep me entertained for a long time.

:)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

@RedKetchup  :) no more requests or suggestions

@Gatherer thanks for encouraging words  :)  Really like your canal city you posted on Red's thread, like that row of trees along the canal.

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on May 02, 2017, 10:25:55 AM

{snip}

@QueryEverything

I was thinking making Herbal Tea from water and Herbs (Open for suggestions) in the Apothecary. The Limit will be the HerbLimit and the flag Health so Bannies will pick them up and go to herbalist to get healing just as it works with the regular herbs.
I don't think I can put the Healing component in the Apothecary as it is now a production building instead of Herbalist. CC have some more healing stuff and maybe I add those as well as it uses seed oils, wine and glassware so the seed oil get some love. But if you have more ideas for healing products let me know and I see if I can add them in.

Natural resources added: Orchard Grape (Thanks to BL for the sources) Flax (thanks to tanypredator for allowing me to use her sources) and Sunflower.

RawMaterials added: Grape(BL), Flax (tany), Sand, Clay, Wine, Glass, Glassware, Healing Broth, Herbal tea, Linseed Oil, Seed Oil, Water, and Kernels(Sunflower)

So I have to design one more building to make charcoal from logs. I think a small building (3x3 or 3x4) will do here.
Any idea for the profession? Just a worker?

I am not a tea drinker. I cannot function without coffee. Fist thing I do when I get up is grab a cigarette and coffee

I used to smoke, a long time ago, but prone to lung complications, and hubby doesn't smoke, so out they went, but, when I did and I was working in the city it was always up, dressed & in the car, light up & drive.  When I got to work it was an iced coffee, smoke and read until the switchboard lit up.  Haha.  Fun times

I had thought maybe for healers: 
Herbs + Water = Herbal Tea;
Herbs + Berries + Water = Herb Berry Tea;
Herbs + Wild Honey + Water = Herb Honey Tea; Herbs + Wild Honey + Milk = Herb HoneyTea;
Herbs + Flax (or Linen) = Healing Poultice;
Herbs + Wild Oats + Water = Healing Lotion;

Herbs + Line + Honey = Antiseptic Healing Combine Pad
Linen + Wool = Combine Pad (it's a real thing, I know this from surgery the other week They use cotton, but linen will do)

There are a couple of mods now with some form of honey, so would you stick with Tany's or allow for more (Kid & Discrepancy both have honey as well)

For the Charcoal maker, a worker would be fine.  There is nothing specific in the CC list for making Charcoal; Tom Sawyer has a Charburner in his mod, The North if that's any help
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

Currently working on a chapel for @Abandoned

Footprint going to be 4x7 including the road.

How many bannies you want to attend to the chapel? Idle range? Radius?

If the Chapel is done I going to design a little stack burner to make logs into charcoal so the glassworks will have the option to use coal or charcoal to produce glass, create some healing stuff for the Apothecary and then Production Chain 2 should be about finished.

Tom Sawyer

There is a charburner mod making charcoal from firewood at a small pit. Maybe it can be used to feed your glassworks. But you can make your own of course. Just wanted to show. :)

embx61

@Tom Sawyer

Yeah, I think this fill fit nicely. I had a similar idea in mind just a little round burner to make @QueryEverything happy as not all modders are rounded.  :P

Can I get the sources Tom? Then I can include them in the pack so if people who not play with your mod the game will not crash on them.

Otherwise I have to make the players aware they need your mod too if they load the production set 2 and I foresee a lot of explanation coming as quite a few players don't read descriptions but just download and play.

Tom Sawyer

I send you my charcoaler source. It just produces "RawMaterialCharcoal" and should be compatible with other charcoals like from cc and nothing will crash. Going for 1.0.7 I also will use the custom3 flag for charcoal...