News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblin Girl

Quote from: embx61 on August 01, 2018, 09:37:12 AM
Added a tower at the request of @rkelly17 and I agree, a tower is nice :)
Footprint total will be 8x5 including roads so a bit bigger then Vanilla Forester which is 6x5

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_01_08_18_9_32_08.jpegRe: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread
Perfect!  I love the tower, and I think this is just the right size.

embx61

You only want the tower?
What is the reason to close half the tower up?

I can separate the tower but I cannot F key the tower because the several options all need their own template file and F key goes into 1 template file.
So the player end up with three towers on the toolbar and every option would be the exact same building(tower).
Unless I not understand it right.

I am in the process of adding more forest circle buildings.
Depending on the meshes, but i try, it might be possible to add other gather/forester buildings to the other houses I plan to develop so not every forester/hunter/herbalist has to be attached to the same house to mix it up a little.

So the Forester House can have a gatherer component attached to it.
If I go that route I have to take the part Forester out of the stringtable but that is no big deal.

I just call all the houses Modular House instead of Modular Forester House etc.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

if it isn't too much trouble,yes. a set of three,1 each gatherer,hunter,and herbalist is fine. why close the bottom? shhhhhhh so we can use them with KID's fort walls. then the fort towers look like they have watchers on them. shhhhhh

embx61

I can of course do it but no bannies are going in the tower.

I could have added a floor but because of the steep straight up ladder the bannies will jump straight about 10 meters in the air and down (Not really climb and that will look very odd so the reason I decided not to use a floor so no bannies in the tower.

The Quarry I just finished have also a steep about 4 meter jump but it is hidden in the building so unless the bannies have a icon on top nobody sees it.

The towers will probably not match up with Kid's walls either and it will take quite some work to make it work.

What i can do is just do three towers as they are on a 2x3 footprint including road but you probably have to place them just outside or inside Kid's walls by themselves unless it will match up but I highly doubt it.

Or I can look if Kid added the sources to the Laboratory and use one of his towers with his permission and add the three template files to those.
Then they will match his walls but it is up to Kid if he wants his Fort used that way.

brads3

kid1293

@embx61 - You are always free to use my sources.
I am not sure about coloring and brightness. Maybe my fort is another scale.

@brads3 - I am sorry I could not make bannies walk on fort walls. I calculated and
would need 3 tiles wide everywhere and I would have trouble making the bannies
go up and down. It is doable but only if you like wasted space inside and out.
Sorry.

brads3

i agree ,KID. 3 tiles wide would be wasted space. please don't give much time to it.

rkelly17

Quote from: embx61 on August 01, 2018, 09:37:12 AM
Added a tower at the request of @rkelly17 and I agree, a tower is nice :)

Thank you! Incredible customer service.  ;D

embx61

Created some wall pieces for around the resort at a request from @Abandoned but they can be placed anywhere where it is allowed to build them.
See if i find some textures to make a brick variant or two.

Made out of a copy of the deco market a Ice cream maker at a request from @taniu

Works the same as a Tavern so a worker makes Ice cream out of milk and several different fruits and the bannies take it for happiness.
Flagged as Luxury (Alcohol) Other flags did not work right.
Nothing complicated and it just make Ice cream instead of Apple Ice cream or blueberry Ice cream etc to not add more of the same stuff to the merchants/TH screens :)
Will add some F Key variants in.

Have to do some finishing touches like build stages, F Key variants, Icons, some more coding, and AO mapping it all but is is getting there.
After that I work on a House with attached Gatherer shed.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_03_08_18_3_42_41.jpeg
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

brads3

those fences will not stop that shark. let me guess you serve hot coffee in the summer and ice cream in the winter? :-\

embx61

All is possible so coffee too.
Problem is I have no coffee in my mods so I have to find some in the Laboratory from another modder what I can use otherwise it will depend on other mods or it is waiting waiting for a trader.
I took the milk and yogurt (What I change to Ice Cream and change color of the Yogurt Icon) from Red.
But coffee will be the only one I add as I not want to end up with 20+ cards with all kind of luxuries stuff what gives bannies happiness but also clogs up the inventory/merchants screens.

The towers will not work out too well as kid explained (path issues so they have to be three tiles wide) to you so i add a coffee maker for you :)

The Shark was a joke. I was a bit bored and wrote quickly some code for that mesh to dump it in the pool :)

brads3

LOL,coffee was a joke. how you serve ice cream in the summer with no way to keep it cold? don't worry i will slap myself in the head for you.

embx61

Dunno, but it seems that Ice Cream is existing for a long time (Read even the romans had some in the form of sorbets) and no fridges back then.
It was maybe more a drink (Like a milk shake?) then real ice cream but I have no real knowledge on the subject.
But if the romans had it they must have found a way to keep it cold.

embx61

It seems the romans and other nations around that time got ice and snow from the mountains.
That went on for quite a while till:

Some later wells or natural crevices where filled with snow in the winter and sold in large blocks in the summer.

A breakthrough in the history of ice cream: in 1843 Nancy M. Johnson creates and patents a machine with a manually operated handle to make iced products (an "artificial freezer"), whose basic principles remain valid to this day. Two years later William Young adds a motor. In 1851 Jacob Fussel, the owner of a dairy shop, at the end of the day pours leftover cream and milk into the artificial freezer, and shortly afterwards opens the first ice cream factory, in Seven Valleys.

elemental

Yep, ice boxes were used before modern fridges came along. As in a chest with a big chunk of ice in it. Would depend on where you live, I guess.

A banished ice cream cart wouldn't be impossible.