News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: MOD: Decorative Items Pack v 1.3 Beta - RedKetchup (fixed bug x2)

Started by RedKetchup, September 16, 2014, 09:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aguzgunz

salamander

If you're using Windows, you should be able to open the .zip file like any other folder by double-clicking it.  You can then drag the .pkm file to your WinData folder.  You shouldn't need a separate program to open the .zip file.

If you're using something other than Windows, let us know what it is -- I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Ienkoron

I am running 64 bit Win 7 and I have 7zip which usually opens everything if Windows won't... but I readily acknowledge that I know nothing about what I'm doing XD

salamander

You have the same Windows version I do, and I don't have to use 7zip to install the zipped mods (although you can if you want).  I'm able to open zipped files like I described, treating them as any other folder in Windows Explorer.

Are you getting an error from trying to open the file, or is it a matter of not knowing how to open it?  If the first case, you might have a corrupted download -- re-downloading it might help.

RedKetchup

you can also download WinRar, it is free. just google winrar 5.0
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

The only zip file I have had to use 7zip on was, ironically, one of the ones on the SRS blog.

Ienkoron

I tried the old fashioned right mouse click and open and it said invalid zip, so I tired 7zip... WinRar never worked for me, again mostly my inability to understand programming easily...
will try redownloading see if that fixes it...

[Edit] Ok that worked now....

rkelly17

Quote from: Ienkoron on November 19, 2014, 12:23:10 AM
I can't unzip the .ZIP :(

Occasionally the World of Banished download function doesn't work perfectly and I get an incomplete zip. A second try at the download usually works fine.

RedKetchup

try this one

this one has been compressed and zipped by Windows 7 itself.

blackbird

Am i wrong or has the Modding Community slowed down Mod Production? I'm hungry for some new stuff.  8)

RedKetchup

bah me, new expac of world of warcraft is ON now , so i need to be lvl 100 and ready and geared for raiding :)
i am officer in a very good guild.

so i slowed/paused down for couple of weeks

slink

Nilla

Quote from: slink on November 19, 2014, 06:06:26 PM
And I'm busy arranging for solar power at my house.   :)

That sounds interesting :)

Is it possible/easy to sell surplus of power to the electric company in America, or is it only for your own domestic use?

slink

Apparently we can essentially sell it to the power company, at least where we live.  That is, we get a credit against our consumption.  We do not get handed a check.