News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-Viborge, another attempt with RKEd

Started by Nilla, February 18, 2019, 07:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I started another game. I found a really cool map. (Settings cut into the first picture) I played in fast speed the first 15 years. Now I've slowed it down a bit. I will make this game a bit special. As I said in my other thread, I like the random mines and all material you get, that has to be used in a way, that makes sense.

I have decided to build only the small NMT houses and the dock houses. Except for one "forest node", I will produce all food on the water. Raw material for fuel and clothing will be imported and I'll pay for it with the products based on the output of the random mine.

I made a few screenshots.

First picture
After 5 years. Map and settings cut in. The dock school need only logs, so I could build it first and get all children educated.

Second picture
After 10 years.

Third picture

Overview year 20.

Fourth picture
Overview menu and mining village.

Fifth picture

Inventory and food production village.

Sixth picture
Just a small close-up scene.

RedKetchup

looks like a very nice map :)
i see you will test the jewelry/armor/industries :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I played a lot of years yesterday. I let it run fast, much 5x, so it's not a well-played game. Since I just played another game with the same mod more thorough, I didn't need to investigate so much as I usually do. It's also very fast and easy (if you have enough logs) to increase food production. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I find the food producers on the jetty overpowered. These small fields can give almost 2000 food with 3 farmers. I find it too much compared to normal farming. I would have preferred that you could only use 1 or at the most 2 farmers on such a small area. But on the other side, they are convenient and if I want a more challenging game, I don't need to build any of these small farms or I chose to use only 1 farmer. It's up to me.

The metal processing from the random mine makes a lot of fun. From the start, I wanted only this kind of mines but I soon realized, that the amount of coal is too small to run a weaponsmith, armoury, goldsmith and to produce gold and silver. I guess the one or other piece of coal is also burnt in the houses. So now I also had a coal mine.

A question @RedKetchup; can you demolish the mines and use the same area again? I built the coal mine before I decided to demolish the forest and I built it on the best free spot to that time, but would very much like to change the location between it and one of the new random mines. Can it be done?

First picture
Overview of most of the settlement. I know, it's too dense, not much space for fun, only work, work, work.

Second picture
Here's a small remission on the efficiency; the two blocks without buildings would be perfect for some export industry, so close to the ports but the flowers are so beautiful, that the Bannis decided to make it a conservation area. And should I annoy my Bannis? Better not. You'll never know what they come up with.

You can also see the content in my store. I import logs, wool and flax. I've also tried to order gems but I'm pleased to see, that you only get a few each time.

Third picture

Food production area. 75 farmers, 29 fishers, 12 millers and 2 beekeepers are producing all the food. That's about 19% of the whole population. I use more vendors and traders than really necessary, still I have all these labourers.

Fourth picture

I've torn the bridges that connect the jetties and will keep the river free for boats to pass. It works well with normal bridges, too, just a small detour to the new marketplace.

The food graph shows, that it's not a very well played game. It's always safe, but this isn't the kind of graph that I can recommend. Other graphs of the basic stuff look a little the same. That's the downside playing at a fast speed.

RedKetchup

620 citizens, it is starting to be big...

if you manually remove a mine, you will need the flatten tool included to put ground back up

RedKetchup

btw, i fixed the Dock Blacksmith dock sitting... let me know if there are more to fix

Nilla

You, know me @RedKetchup; I'll always tell you, if I see anything I feel strange about. If you like it or not ;)  :-[

The game isn´t quite as fast anymore. I´ve returned to my usual 2x speed. But everything works very well and makes a lot of fun, even when I had some problems:

First picture
These vendors don't accept that I've demolished the bridge. It's several years ago but they still take the shortest way, even if it means holding the breath and dive!  :P

Second picture
What is this poor baby doing alone out in the wilderness? :'(  :o It's not a nomad child. I've not taken one single nomad in this game. But people somehow land out in the wild. I even had a dozen freezing to death inside one mountain!  ???

I have no idea why this happened. In other games I have had nomads who didn't find their way to the settlement and froze/starved to death in the wilderness but (at least not after the first update patch of the game) not normal population. I did the same, as I would have done, if it was nomads who got stranded; I built bridges across every river and stream and made sure that all land is connected to the settlement. People still landed out at the end of the map but could walk back to the village............

Third picture
.......... everyone walked to this "magic little storage building". After I demolished it, I didn't see anyone in the wilderness anymore.  ??? I must mention that I haven't built anything in this area of the village for many years. The small barn was uninteresting for many years. Somehow it just suddenly became interesting.

Fourth picture
Overview.

Fifth picture
I'm playing with all these small islands. A reason I choose this map. It's funny. :)

You can see, that I have A LOT of labourers.

Sixth picture
I build in the river but I always keep a passage free for the merchants. Low in the picture you can see the content in my ports. I export a lot of different stuff. (The logs are only temporarily stored in the port, I don't want to overfill the stockpiles and the merchants seem to arrive in "blocks"; first a lot of merchants bringing logs, then only a few logs for some time. If I don't want to run short on logs, I need to buy all, also in "good times")

I've changed my strategy. I had too much export goods, so I need to buy more or more expensive goods. So I decided to together with all logs (You do need a lot of logs for the dock buildings; construction and a lot of firewood), I'll buy warm coats and carbon tools. I think it will work fine. I'll probably have too much to sell now too, but at least it will be better.

RedKetchup

i made a lot of things to adapt to the map you have and every river/lake shores....

and nice to see you found a way to get some going :)
can't wait people play with 1.3 :)

working on it everyday. not 16hrs per day but... everyday i do things, i do nice things :)

brads3

with the storage issues players mention lately,i wonderif your  shed got triggered.say  a laborer just happened to be nearby when he switched jobs,  he dropped what he was carrying in that shed.then it triggered something deep iinto the game that wants this shed to have more of other items. with others reporting barns being emptied for no reason,it makes me wonder if the barns are trying to reach a magic ratio of sorts. they need x amount of item A and B and C,etc.it wouldn't matter up til a bannie stored in the barn.and the barn could be stable until item Q is created on the map.now the new item causes these barns to unload and reset stocks. it might be looking for a math equation so deep it is hidden from the modders. definetly strange that the issues come and go. 

RedKetchup

they dont put single item each time. they have an inventory and dont go empty those before they reach maybe 80% capacity full.
so they can pickup a lot of things from everywhere.

RedKetchup

btw... talking about storage... there are some new incoming soon :)
Corner Barn/Stockpile

galensgranny

Oh, a corner first floor storage building, Red!  Just what I was wanting for in town.  :)

Nilla

Yes red, that "town barn" looks great. Exactly what I asked for! :)

I haven´t been playing lately. Something called life interfere!

Nilla

I think I will stop this game now. The town is prosperous and healthy, with more than 1000 inhabitants. Everything works fine. I find the balancing of the mining industry good. I have more than enough to sell for logs and high-quality tools and clothing. I´m not sure that it´s so profitable, that I also could buy most of the food. Maybe with a lot fewer labourers. As always; the problem is the logistic. That´s part of the fun to solve.

I´ve said it before; even if I find the production of food on the docks too high, it makes a lot of fun to play with these parts. With the new stone parts and fences, it will even be better.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on February 25, 2019, 09:47:58 AM
I´ve said it before; even if I find the production of food on the docks too high, it makes a lot of fun to play with these parts. With the new stone parts and fences, it will even be better.

ok so what are the numbers i need to play with and slow the productions ?

which buildings and slowing how much ?

Nilla

I would simply reduce the number of workers at the sites. If we look at the small fields (by the way; very nice looking), one educated worker produces 600-650 food. A normal farmer may produce that as well. He doesn´t work all year but uses more land and is dependant on the weather and short walking ways, so even if the production for 1 farmer on the dock is high, it´s not too unreasonable. But now you can use 3 farmers on that small dock field and opposite to normal farmers on the same field, they all produce the same, so that small area gives you 1800-1950 food.

I also find 3 millers in the dock mill too much compared to the other mills. The production for each is OK. But why can you use one more than in the other larger mills?

The shellfish fisher have no working area, so I would also reduce the number of fishers. If I understand it right, the normal dock fisher has a working area, so you can´t "spam" them all over the jetty. If you locate them well, they produce a lot but compared to other fishing docks 3 fishers are alright.

If you look at my screenshots, more or less all food is produced on the docks but you don´t see much food production. There are 1073 inhabitants. I don´t buy any food. 102 farmer, 62 fishers, 21 millers and 2 beekeepers (187 total) produce all the food. It´s a bit too easy for my taste. Other players may look at it differently, so as always; it´s up to you!