News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 (updated 20 April 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1

Current release: v2.1 20042018
Compiled with and requires the latest version of Banished (1.0.7 Build 170910)

Contains files that alter the vanilla Banished: Citizen, Storage Barn, Yard and Cart, Market, Trading Post and Town Hall, adding new resource limit flags.
Also alters the following Dialog (UI) files: CreateBar, ToolTip, ToolTipToolBar, ToolTipUpgrade.
these changes allow:
              - Vanilla buildings and citizens to utilize and accept the new storage/limit flags.
              - Alters toolbar & upgrade tooltips to display extra construction materials.
              - Alters all toolbar hover-over toolbar tips to show a full size icon instead of a 16x16px icon. this was done to display alternate toolbar icons correctly (i.e: 16x32px, 22x32) without having them distorted.

New in v2.1:
- extended the walkway of Jetty Farmers Merchant to edge of building footprint.
- added Deco Jetty Fence Rails - ghosted deco fence, toolbar location= DS - Fences, Walls & Decorative - Wooden Fences
- added Deco Jetty pieces - 1x1, cnr, lower stairs and lower pieces + poles & benches. all ghosted, deco walkway pieces offer no travel to citizens, toolbar location= DS - Fences, Walls & Decorative - Jetty Decorations
- added Fertilizer, a material resource (Custom4), thanks & credit to RedKetchup
- added Jetty Glass House, grow veggies on the jetty. requires 2 of the vegetables you want to grow + 1 Fertilizer + 1 Water = 20-28 veggies.
- the Jetty Mushroom Farm now requires 2 Mushrooms + 1 Fertilizer.
- the Jetty Chicken Coop now generates Fertilizer along with the Eggs & Chicken.

Jetty Construction:
New in v2 is the introduction of advanced building materials: Lumber, Iron Fittings, Glass (& Sand), Wagon Parts and Fishing Gear.
4 land, or land/water based buildings supply a large proportion of these resources.
With these added resources comes an increase in construction costs for all jetty pieces.

Though difficult, it is possible to start a Hard game and only build jetty buildings (to a certain extent).
You will need to micro-manage the town for the first few months/years.
Start by clear felling an area to collect some Logs, Stone & Iron (if playing with a mod that adds Iron Ore, it is possible, though this makes a harder game again).
After making a stockpile, you must build the Jetty Construction: Lumber Yard, also at the same time start building the Jetty Construction: Forge.
Once the Lumber Yard is built change the production to firewood, it is slower than a firewood splitter, but for now it is all you have.
With the forge built you can start making Iron Fittings with Iron & Firewood (or the forge can turn Iron Ore into Iron, or Iron Ore straight into Iron Fittings),
you might want to build a vanilla Hunter or Gatherers Hut to collect some food.
With enough firewood produced to make a few Iron Fittings, change the Lumber Yard to produce Lumber.
With Logs + Lumber + Iron Fittings you can build a jetty house, don't build anymore than 1 at this stage, and build the first close to or on the shore so the front door is accessible.
Get building a Jetty Firewood Splitter to produce more firewood. Keep up the Logs as you'll be supplying it for firewood, lumber and construction use.
To start producing the Fishing Gear needed to fish from the jetties you'll need to build the Jetty Workshop, this will also produce Wagon Parts,
needed for constructing Markets, Merchants & Drawbridges. The workshop will also produce Iron Tools & Iron Fittings.
Though not necessary in early game, Glass is needed for some more comfortable housing, the Jetty Construction: Sand Mine is built on a shoreline and will extract sand.
The sand is used in the Jetty Construction: Glass-maker, a building also requiring a shoreline placement.
Once you can build, staff and supply these production buildings, you can start constructing other buildings and walkways to join them up.

What the mod contains:

2 Texture styles for all Jetty and Jetty Bridge pieces, which includes:
- Jetty Walkway pieces: many variants including different levels (and stairs), lengths and angles and some with built in storage.
- Jetty Bridges: Arches, modular Drawbridges and wooden truss bridges, angled truss bridge variants.
- Village Bridge, normal Bridge construction variants for the Drawbridge and the Truss bridge.
- Jetty Storage pieces: 1x1 & 2x2 crates/boxes/barrels, 2x2 log storage, 2x2 firewood storage, small storage sheds, large barns.
- Jetty Housing: 2,3,4, 5 & 6 Occupant Homes.
- Jetty Fishing spots, expanded, more variants and options.
- Jetty Mollusc Farm, 1-2 Fisherman farm and harvest molluscs.
- Jetty Fish Drying, 1-2 Workers will dry Fish - Dried Fish (RawMaterialNMStockFish) or Mollusc - Dried Mollusc (RawMaterialDriedMollusc)
- Jetty Mushroom Farm, grow mushrooms on the jetty.
- Jetty Glass House, grow vegetables (beans, cabbage, pepper, potato, pumpkin, squash) on the jetty.
- Jetty Chicken Coop, produces chicken meat, eggs & fertilizer.
- Jetty Water Store, collect water, edible, used in kitchen.
- Jetty Kitchen Kiosk, cook a variety of edible meals.
- Jetty Drift Wood Collector, 2 min Workers required, will generate logs and firewood for 5 years.
- Jetty Drift Wood Searcher -- similar to the collector, 2 min Workers required, will either generate logs or firewood (you select).
- Jetty Firewood Splitter.
- Jetty Tailor, produces clothing.
- Jetty Workshop, produces Iron Tools, Fishing Gear, Iron Fittings, Wagon Parts.
- Jetty Well for fire-fighting.
- Jetty School.
- Jetty Chapel.
- Jetty Hospital.
- Jetty Food Market.
- Jetty Market
- Jetty Merchant's Office, a building to display town hall info in a narrow vertical format.
- Jetty Merchants (Farmer's, General & Food merchants, now accept all new flags)

Jetty Construction Yard buildings:
- Jetty Construction: Lumber Yard
- Jetty Construction: Forge
- Jetty Construction: Sand Mine
- Jetty Construction: Glass-maker

'Ghost' decorations (delete via UI):
- Jetty Deco Fence Rail
- Jetty Deco Bench seat
- Jetty Deco Pole
- Jetty Deco 1x1, Deco Corner, Deco Stairs Down,  Low Jetty Deco 1x1, Low Jetty Deco corner.
- Small Boat (added v1), variants in style (covered/not covered) and 3 rotation variants.
- Small Rowboat (added v1), 3 rotation variants.
- Small Boat (added v2), small boat with external oars, 3 rotation variants.
- Small Canoe (added v2), 3 rotation variants.

click for more pictures of v2

Thanks to everyone who ever offered suggestions and ideas, tests and critiques.
and special thanks to kid1293, RedKetchup, kralyerg, Tom Sawyer, elemental, Bartender, Necora, embx61, Paeng who have offered invaluable information, code and banished 'know-how'.

Download DS Jetty and Bridge v2.1 here.

StringTable Download:
(for translation modders)
DSJaB_StringTables_v2.1.zip

Change Log here.

QueryEverything

Thank you @Discrepancy, as you know I am an avid supporter of your mods and I'm thrilled that you have released this now :D

Quick request:  can the fishing spots (the bridges) please allow for up to 2 people at a spot.  I know many people that will fish with a friend, it's a community & social activity as well as a food excursion.  :)

Not now, but for a future update/request :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

That looks fantastic, I've been wanting to play with these new jetties and bridges for a long time, can't wait to fire them up!

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

wow awesome !!! the first mod in our very new section 1.0.7 :)

a very nice one too :) woohoo !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

taniu

@ Discrepancy,  thank you, can only sympathize, change all the mods to the new belt is huge dedication, a lot of it will take time and effort.

Discrepancy

New update available from Downloads.

v0.91 -  22022017  --  Minor update & bug fix.      - .pkm = 66,138 KB (64.5 MB)   | .zip = 34,091 KB (33.2 MB)
              - changed RawMaterialCanvas to new flag 'Custom2/Fabrics'
              - changed all RawMaterialFishBass/Bream etc filenames to RawMaterialBass/Bream etc
              - changed all RawMaterialMolluscClam/Mussel etc filenames to RawMaterialClam/Mussel etc (for future use)
              - changed 2x2 & 2x3 storage locations to now store the new flags: 'Custom0/Crafted', 'Custom1/Forged', 'Custom2/Fabrics', 'Custom7/Misc'
              - changed various string texts
              - changed menu locations
              - fixed issue with menu sprites not showing up

As you can see I made changes to Resource file names, so I daresay it might not be save-game compatible (I didn't have a save to test with).
Because the update is small, and may not make much difference to the game, I leave it to player choice on whether or not to update at this time.

Discrepancy

I'm working on a major update for this mod which includes a full changing of all the code that has 'DSSV' to 'DSJaB', started tonight and just spent 3hrs on it.

All I achieved was the renaming of the files and code as well as making the AO images for just the ground level 1x1 f-key jetty variants and cnr pieces!
this is going to be slow going  >:(

as a break from the tedious work, I'm going to model something new. Besides, the next few weeks I'm likely to have more time to code than to model.

Discrepancy

the small, workers shack:
2x3 it includes the jetty piece in front of the building. I've got these set as 1-2 occupants, so new families won't have children. There will be bigger houses also.

RedKetchup

perfect for a pair of 40-50ish without no more children to come ^^
kick from house, pause, open one of these... they take it ... unpause and repause... and give the good house to a future family ^^
i know i am cruel ^^

at least they can retreat to the edge of a lake and take it cool ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Looking good. Do they need to have the built-in jetty piece in front though? (Or, could you make a version that doesn't have the jetty piece?) In your pic, with the houses forming part of the jetty "road" if you delete house 2 or 3 you break the road. If the houses just sat next to a normal (separate) piece of jetty this wouldn't be a problem.

Discrepancy

not cruel @RedKetchup , when I get there, I'd be quite happy to retire into a small place like that in the banished landscape :)

Okay @elemental , I can do that easy enough.
Though in answer to your question regarding the stone bridge house, probably not for all of them, most definitely not for the one you have as I think it would be confusing to place otherwise. The stone bridge is more of a bridge that once it is built, it remains built ;)

Paeng

Quote from: elemental on April 13, 2017, 08:32:14 PMwith the houses forming part of the jetty "road" if you delete house 2 or 3 you break the road.

Yeah, I agree it'd be better to not include the jetty walkway... also then you don't need to make two (texture) variants  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 13, 2017, 07:51:57 PM
perfect for a pair of 40-50ish without no more children to come ^^
kick from house, pause, open one of these... they take it ... unpause and repause... and give the good house to a future family ^^
i know i am cruel ^^

at least they can retreat to the edge of a lake and take it cool ^^

Sounds blissful @RedKetchup :)
Looking fab @Discrepancy I can't wait to see where these lead to :)

Maybe an F-Variant in a white, or white trimmed building to match @Necora new little water wheel & dock pieces?
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

I'm slowly getting there with next update (which will be v1.0)
I still have the Angle jetty parts to redo,
+ another larger house (I have made 2, 3 & 4 occupant homes already),
a larger storage barn,
& transform the fishmonger model into a Fish drying area.