News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

@Hawk Yes, pastures are all fenceless. I found it better to just define areas to graze. Only the chicken coop is rather odd without. But the way the game builds fences is not really smart. With double fences between and occupying tiles instead of edges with animals standing in the fence and so on. Maybe to add a variant with auto fences or to look into this createfenced function for better results.

@brads3 With loading Red's new compilation you probably run into the same issues like with CC. I guess the dark texture comes from Red and using nordic starting conditions you will not get fodder and such. I also don't have an extra large map size. Maybe something can be solved with patches but I would not start with it while it is in beta.

Hawk

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 28, 2018, 03:06:52 AM
@Hawk Yes, pastures are all fenceless. I found it better to just define areas to graze. Only the chicken coop is rather odd without. But the way the game builds fences is not really smart. With double fences between and occupying tiles instead of edges with animals standing in the fence and so on. Maybe to add a variant with auto fences or to look into this createfenced function for better results.

I've always wondered why animals straddle the fences. Now I know why. For that reason I can see the reason for the fenceless pastures. Thanks!  :)

@brads3 - It sounds like your getting the Peaks terrain texture from Red's mod, but his mod also offers the vanilla terrain texture. Can you not choose that when loaded with The North?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

brads3

i understand TOM. you locked it so i can't do something crazy didn't you? :) i found ways around some of the locks.
@Hawk  i get the dark texture with TOM's NORTH above or below.i can choose the size from RED's and the start from the NORTH,if the NORTH is below.but TOM has locks in place to override the mod above it. this includes copper and thatch-fodder.TOM even locks out the NAT DIV mod.he likes to make me work for these crazy ideas.it has been fun setting my mod order and finding a map.

RedKetchup

yeah Tom used some really tricky tricks to lock everything even placed ontop. the only little things that can pass through... this because he didnt succeed to lock those too ^^

he found an entrance somewhere where he did a switch to a duplicated road (or a tunnel) to the game to follow which will make the game skip the normal entrance we use

right Tom ??  ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

yeah TOM did it to put me in a straight jacket.he thinks i am too crazy.it is fun finding ways around the locks.

Tom Sawyer

Haha, what tricky tricks? You overestimate my abilities.^^ Probably copper, fodder, thatch and things just don't come in game by nordic starting conditions. If Reds mod on top does not overwrite it then the nordic ones are loaded from below. For the dark texture with North on top I don't have an explanation. Must be a tricky trick by Red to lock my stuff and to force people to use his new terrain. ;D

Nilla

...... and all tricky tricks are only there, to make our friend @brads3 work harder!  :D ;D

Turis

At least, confuse him. Let's saturate @brads3 with pancakes, but, no milk.

brads3

it is odd, you would think RED's mod above would mean copper and fodder is added to the terrain. not the case. RED's mod has settings for larger map size,which works.it also has a plains start. i got 1 map setting to load lighter,but it was NORTH grass not RED's,with RED's mod on top. are you all confused yet? i get NORTH start conditions<villager,buildermfarmer,etc> either way. i get RED's map sizes with his above.the NORTH shuts down the NAT DIV mod either way.even when i override THE NORTH with CC start conditions. i have a mixture that will work now. i might try again to see if i can get it any better. oh try and try again. i did try a crystal ball move to bypass TOM's lockouts.fatal error after fatal error.he has it tighter than fort knox.

RedKetchup

take care also you will have some toolbars with my items disappearing ^^ like no townhall...

brads3

shhhh. yeah i saw3 that. there is lots of different icons from both mods. i be lost for a while.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 28, 2018, 01:37:56 PM
shhhh. yeah i saw3 that. there is lots of different icons from both mods. i be lost for a while.
bah me i ve been the less intrusive it was possible. i ve let all the vanilla icon, and only add 1 icon in resource : lumbermill. (i added some though in the remove toolbar)

it is all Tom's work. ^^

brads3

since you have all the deer giving deer hides and not leather,can a mod be made to process the deer hides into leather and increase the amount of leather in the process?or even added to the workshops like the cow hides are. i tried moving some hunter mods to get some to give leather, and mod order had no affect.

Tom Sawyer

I've posted some info on new models and what I'm currently working on. It's not much stuff yet.. a tannery, woodcutter cabin and a mead hall in progress. The tannery can be downloaded as single item to use it in a running game @brads3. I don't want to make a double post, so just some pictures here. The complete news on banishedventures.com/diary-march-2018. :)

Turis