News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4: Foxfield

Started by brads3, October 25, 2020, 05:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 40 REVIEW

population 554, with 68 students and 200 children.there are 131 homes. we are growing too fast to take nomads. we traded for the dairy cows and shut down the farm trade post.

the bannies added  a 3rd forest and a 2nd fodder meadow. they have produced paint, fancy furniture with some hardwood that merchants have brought,jams,and some tin.  the colonial city expanded to the west. it now  includes a production village.

the Indians built farther onto the island. they grow rice and collect reeds to heat their tipi's and huts.the start settlers completed planting of all the farmyards.the animal pens were also finished.  huge gains over the last decade but we still have a long ways to go.

next GOALS- we will need to adjust and expand trading to handle any excess materials or items.we do plan to can pickles. soon all the buildings for KID's animal shed plus mod will b built and there is lots of cleanup around the farmyards to be done.I would like to build several factories and get much of the cleanup for the city done as well.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs
pic 5: west overview
pic 6: island overview
pic 7: farmyard overview,note all those flowers

brads3

YEAR 40

we adjust the trading post stocks. then build a larger trade post.it is needed to handle the heavy marble.
a hardwood forest to supply the furniture shop will plant behind the mining mountain.a hunter and gathering hut will work this area.the bannies live in CC cabins and have some storage from the pine mod.

the bannies have started a major cleanup of the flowers from the farmyard area.

pic 1:new trade post
pic 2:hardwood forest
pic 3:more painted houses

brads3

YEAR 41

we'll make an attempt to boost the log output by some of the foresters. a FO. chuch,sauna,and school are built to help keep the workers happier. they are putting out 120-150 logs each.

the Indians needed bridges since banished doesn't allow them to use their canoes. 2 DS rough log bridges will assist their travels. more huts are built and more workers sent to hunt and fish.

the farmyard village added some stone fences to their farmyards.
pic 1: stone fencing of the farmyards
pic 2: island bridges
pic 3: forest chruch

brads3

YEAR 42

the farmyards cleared more of  the regrowth. the workshops to the animal shed plus mod are built.

the city built a market and a sugar factory.saddles are made at the EB leatherworks. more colonial houses have been buiilt and 2 more fields are cleared and plowed.

pic 1:shed workshops
pic 2:forest happiness buildings
pic 3: sugar refinery

brads3

YEAR 43

while the bannies cath up fromo a tool shortage, i'll highlight these farmyards and gardens.there are 18 farmyards to the set. these give a variety of goods and there are several different sizes. there are 5 animal sheds,houses, and workshops with the animal plus set. these pens do need to be fed. KID also made some animal pens that do not need to be fed. the flax gardens are part of KID's Ghosttown mod. this flax does work with his tailors to make linen clothing. 1 of the Granny parks does produce walnuts.and the Gothic Farm mod has the beekeeper that gives honey,apples, and beeswax for making candles.

since the gardens are hard to see with the flowers,i used CC ghosted crop squares under the garden areas of the farmyards. the native indian village mod does have a hunting grounds and a tobacco patch with it.

the dock indians built a FO. sauna and school. they planted more of the sister crops. more storage has been  built and fields planted. the bannies are not happy,not only were they running out of tools but the churches were getting crowded.

PIC 1 TO 4: Farmyard outputs
pic 5 and 6:farmyard closeups
pic 7 and 8: animal sheds
pic 9:shed workshops
pic 10: granny park that does produce walnuts

pic 11: dock indians school and sauna
pic 12:RH chapel 

brads3

YEAR 44

to make the pickles, the bannies have 2 ways. the CC preservist needs glassware and spirits,basically vinegar.an RK chain is setup to make glassware using coal. for now,the preservist uses sugar from the sugarbeet factory to make apple jam. a CC tinnery is planned in the city.we need to wait on more lumber.

the farmyards needed a Slink farmers market to move food out of their barns.

pic 1: CC preservist
pic 2:RK glass chain
pic 3: famrers market to move all the food
pic 4:more fields plowed

brads3

YEAR 45

typical CC. the chains are more complex than most mods. to make tinware we need tin not tin ore. a CC foundry is needed for the extra step in the processing.

in the meantime,the banies started clearing some debris for the city. the CornCrib tavern will make corn whiskey.a colonial tailor and hardware store are built. the city has 2 jails and 2 doctor offices.

pic 1: CC foundry
pic 2: doc office
pic 3: new jail
pic 4: tinnery

brads3

YEAR 46

we wanted more processors for the meats. we salt fish and dry beef. a CC butcher deals with pork. a second guest house was built and  painted. another wood cutter wtill supply the market. more cottages and houses were constructed to house more families.

the production village built a large stone church and the farmyards added a school.

pic 1:meat processors and a wood cutter
pic 2: production area church
pic 3: school for the farmyard area

brads3

YEAR 47

a lumber shortage slows down our construction for the year. the distillery was finished and went to making spirits so the preservist could be switched to making pickles. an old CC bakery was also built.it makes sugar cookies.

the Indians have started working on another village north of the island.

pic 1:distillery and bakery
pic 2:cottage farms
pic 3:  indians

brads3

YEAR 48

winter came early this year. the banies finished off a CC glass factory to make more glassware for the pickles.a ketcup factory and a CC old dairy were completed. the cottage farms added a bee keeper to pollinate the fields. a flour mill works nearby.

the old CC dairy takes milk and gives out a variety of goods,cheese,butter,and cream at the same time. since no other building will do that the bannies built a kitchen. this can cut different meat types and make more butter and cheese. it also brews any wild honey they find.

pic 1:CC glass
pic 2:ketchup factory
pic 3: old dairy outputs a variety of goods
pic 4: workplace kitchen

brads3

YEAR 49

the farmyards have full barns. to help move more of the food, they built a mill on the lake and a butcher shop. this should pull some of the food to the new DS barn and RK grainary.

the Indians have a mini workshop and wood cutter. they hunt, gather herbs,food and cut logs close to the lake. 2 cranberry bogs and some gardens were planted. it is such a long ways to their village that work is slow.

pic 1:candle shop
pic 2: butcher
pic 3: progress for the indians

brads3

YEAR 50 REVIEW

population 772, in 175 houses. now that the hardwood forester has replaced the trees, we are running short on logs and firewood. we have plenty of food and tradeable goods.

we finished building all the farmyards and animal pens.the city now has pickles. ketchup,sugar, and more meat processors were constructed. they even have a small dairy and furniture shop.the city has almost doubled in size. the Indians have expanded north of the island along the lake.

the city was recleared of rocks and some of the flowers that had overgrown along the roads.the grassy roads mod is handy for that.there is lush grass for the flower gardens and parks.

Next GOAL- there isn't 1. i highlighted lots of KID's mods along the way. the farmyards,the painted houses,the many wild west and colonial housing options.built a few of the CC processing buildings.

i did have plans to do more with the Indians but unfortunately i do not have the upgraded CC native mod in the mod order. it was 1 of the mods i removed to cut down the file size. that upgraded mod does have more Indian huts and functioning buildings.

the city can continue growing. it can double in size again before it gets to the southern lake.originally it was planned to run this longer until it hit the game limit or the new year started.with the uncertainty of the WOB site, i haven't decided what to do next. usually by now, i have an idea or 2 for the next map.i do need to check the download section and then re-organize the mod order again.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs

brads3

end overview pics

pic 1: overview or the city
pic 2: from the river,north
pic 3: south
pic 4: production village
pic 5:trade district
pic 6:map start point
pic 7:overview of the farmyards
pic 8: start Indian village
pic 9:north Indians

Abandoned

@brads3 Nice town  :)  I am wondering how the Animal Sheds Plus mod worked for you with RKEC.  Did you have consistent supply of feed for the animals?  In Grizzly Gulch I had Kid Wildlife starts that provided grass but did not always have enough workers to gather it.  I did quite a bit of micromanaging.  Did you say RK's thatch dies out after awhile?

brads3

the good thing is KID gives other options. thatch-fodder does die off after like 3-5 years on the RKEC. you need fodder huts to replant it.there are 2 on this map.

it is hard to keep thatch on these maps since houses will burn it as firewood. have a ton of flowers that do respawn.never enuf fodder.i wish we had a piece like KID's combo foresters that planted thatch instead of the flowers. or better yet that planted the original shorter grass of the thatch.

the outputs to the farms and animal pens never was a problem. i put them all in 1 spot to higjhlight them. normally,they'd b more scattered on the map. i do wish there were more farmyards that gave clothing and tools. and a couple more that gave just food. since we don't always start with livestock it would be odd that we have cows all of a sudden.

they do work well. i did load the xmas mod and the upgraded tiny.there are many more options now that would have went with the colonial city.i am hoping PILGRIM gets the other colonial mod out soon.