Started by embx61, August 29, 2017, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

adelegarland

@embx61 Hi there!, got a question...   Just started a new town, with all the new iron ore stuff, but at the startup, i cannot get any iron, only iron ore.   is there a way to get just iron at the startup?  Can't build any of the starting workers, blacksmith, fishing etc. without plain old iron?  I've got all the mods you made with the changes to iron, am I doing something wrong?    ???
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Turis

adelegarland

I have the Village set...  the smelter to make iron from ore needs 4 iron to build, where do I get the 4 iron if all there is is ore? 

embx61

I shall get the Iron build requirement out of the smelter building for the next version I going to upload within 1/2 hour.

@adelegarland
Just uploaded version 17009 of the Village Set. The Iron building requirement from the Smelter is removed.

adelegarland

embx61

Your welcome :)

Was an oversight.
I was planning to remove the build requirement from the smelter before releasing 17008 and forgot about it.

Best is to get the smelter running pretty fast.

Most of the Village buildings like fishing, gatherer, hunter, herbalist, houses, not need any Iron.

Be careful with smelting with firewood as it gives a loss. I did this on purpose because firewood is not efficient fuel to smelt Iron but I added it in for those who are struggling with coal or charcoal so get at least (Even when it is at a loss) ore to Iron for a little bit running.

The best is smelting with charcoal.

See otherwise the spreadsheet I released with all the production numbers of all my buildings so far.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=334

Educated is important in the smelter.

I first wanted to change the Vanilla Iron create value from 1 to 2 to 2 to 3 but if another Mod is above the Village it will use the 1 to 2 and screw things up. so all is too depending on load order.
Now I left it as vanilla so a less thing to worry about.

But because of this I had to fiddle a lot with the numbers.
The spreadsheet is a great help in this.

adelegarland

Hi Again!  Two more things,  1- The Village Mine's smoke comes out of it from a weird place,  I think the smoke should either be moved or take it out completely!  :)     2- (I know this is pushing it, but...) is there anyway this whole set could be compatible with the unlimited mines and quarries mod?
Thanks for making all the great stuff you make, I love the new fences by the way! :-*

embx61

Version 17010 uploaded with the Smoke removed.
Forgot to delete the particle part after copying Lukes file.

I not have the code to make the unlimited mod compatible.
But the Iron Mine is completely removed after it run out of ore/coal so a new one can be build on the same spot so unlimited is not really needed.

adelegarland