News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forestry Building Radius

Started by purringcat, March 02, 2018, 10:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purringcat

Why is the radius around all the Forestry buildings so small?     The Hunter and Gather buildings have a radius of seven houses away.   The lovely new forester building is only five houses away.   Why... and can a mod be made to make it MUCH larger.   
I can't get print screen to work without the logo and title.   And yes, I have F12 set to print screen with no UI.   It doesn't work.       Think about it - would a real hunter only go 1/2 a block to find food :(   

elemental

I like big forests. The vanilla forester radius is too small, in my opinion.

You might be interested in this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/banished/mods/13

Be warned though that it doesn't just increase radii and workers at those buildings, it also increases the amount of logs and stone you get from each tree and rock pile. It would be great to have a similar mod that didn't increase stone and log amounts.

I know what you are saying about the hunters, but a big hunter radius isn't really a bonus as far as I can tell. Deer are only hunted at their grazing spots. If the hunters have a big radius they spend a lot of time wandering around completely missing the deer. A small radius helps the hunters find deer more easily. At least that's my experience with having used this mod.

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on March 02, 2018, 01:46:18 PM
I like big forests. The vanilla forester radius is too small, in my opinion.

i change my vanilla radius from 30 to 35 in RK Ed
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Quote from: purringcat on March 02, 2018, 10:29:40 AM
I can't get print screen to work without the logo and title.   And yes, I have F12 set to print screen with no UI.   It doesn't work.   

I had a problem with the default print key commands so I changed them both to Home and End and now they both work fine.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

galensgranny

Discrepancy has a mod set that has a gatherer with three radius choices, and one of them is very large.  It is DS: Small Village Production at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=258

His forester is a bit larger than the one in the original game.